Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

21 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And that will gain Boris another two points on Labour.

I have a theory that the vaccine is frazzling brains and subliminally telling people that Boris and the Tories have done a brilliant job.

The Indian cricket team is coming here soon. Why?

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And that will gain Boris another two points on Labour.

I have a theory that the vaccine is frazzling brains and subliminally telling people that Boris and the Tories have done a brilliant job.

The Indian cricket team is coming here soon. Why?

You called it😄

image.png.b96ff82b59f2800dafdb588a346facd0.png

image.png.42ffd3aa02f9119be8d46034afcd67b9.png

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

National

1975 - 5

Local

image.png.22768a03336aff0e8839d9c2d4bbcc01.png

image.thumb.png.592ebbe59369eb3462258159ae8d59b6.png

image.thumb.png.9fb93fe2877d8dfbf3ca6cbde4d6e566.png

Weekend reporting.

Still good to see no serious rise in any of the measures. Hope this keeps going and we don’t see much of a rise. Great to see we’re down to under 800 hospitalised now.

• Like 1

More good news from India as numbers continue a sharp decline.

Europe should be down to our present levels in three to four weeks as vax numbers increase.

South America numbers fairly high as Southern Hemisphere enters winter.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 3

Tweet-by-Mel-Q-385x600.jpg

Only 9,201 people died in the US according to August numbers where COVID-19 was the only cause of death...

We've been had -- Well & truly..

Blame who you will..

I refer you to to the 'Great Reset' thread..

40 minutes ago, Jools said:

Only 9,201 people died in the US according to August numbers where COVID-19 was the only cause of death...

Blame who you will..

Source is a Qanon account, retweeted by Donald Trump himself (which says it all) which has now been banned for reasons unknown.

If you're going to quote sources, check them first. This is as **** as most of the crap you post.

And that other 94% you are so keen to write off are still Mothers, Fathers, brothers, sisters, partners, loved ones. You are as heartless as you are ****ing stupid.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Thanks 1

Good old Daily Mail. It's the non vaccinated that are causing the problem. Not the thousands that came back from highly infected areas. Easy. 😉

That large numbers of those eligible for the jab but who choose not to take it up and yet still travelled seems to be a perfectly valid point here. I expect we will see long queues today now that reality has hit home.

7 hours ago, Jools said:

Blame who you will..

Not only are you telling yet more lies, these type of lies are very dangerous, it is important that nothing is put in the way of people taking the vaccine throughout the world. 

43 minutes ago, ricardo said:

That large numbers of those eligible for the jab but who choose not to take it up and yet still travelled seems to be a perfectly valid point here. I expect we will see long queues today now that reality has hit home.

Have the government been telling porkies ‘ in excess of 95% are taking up the vaccine ‘. 

1 minute ago, Jools said:

You are a dangerous silly man, COVID exists we have not been had, COVID creates illnesses which are what kills your body. If you did not get COVID in most instances you would not get pneumonia, blood clots, liver failure ect. The number of people dying from the flu and another cause is far higher by % yet you tell us flu exists.

Your post is very dangerous and some people who believe such rubbish in the context stated by you will be discouraged from getting vaccinated, which I assume is what Trump is trying to do in America by peddling such views.

• Like 2

Some more excellent news, in that the EU regulators have approved Pfizer to stay in fridges for a month rather than the current 5 days. The EU have just purchased 1.8 billion doses of Pfizer, which they will help manufacture and distribute. This is fantastic news for the world assault on COVID.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57152719

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Some more excellent news, in that the EU regulators have approved Pfizer to stay in fridges for a month rather than the current 5 days. The EU have just purchased 1.8 billion doses of Pfizer, which they will help manufacture and distribute. This is fantastic news for the world assault on COVID.

Welcome news indeed. Hope you don't wake up the Moys of this world! I've been following the Our World in Data stats for a month or so now. They show comparative rates in relative and absolute change. Further, it's a clickable spreadsheet if you decide to look at the table tab which you can sort how you wish. Very impressive. Copying here for interest.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-vaccination-doses-per-capita

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Have the government been telling porkies ‘ in excess of 95% are taking up the vaccine ‘. 

Uptake varies by age and area. Anti vaxers are not evenly spread.

The Norfolk and Waveney figures are regularly published in the E.D.P.

75 to 79 group 100% 

65 to 69 group 94.1%

55 to 59 group 97.8%

45 to 49 group 79.3%

Edited by ricardo

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Uptake varies by age and area. Anti vaxers are not evenly spread.

The Norfolk and Waveney figures are regularly published in the E.D.P.

75 to 79 group 100% 

65 to 69 group 94.1%

55 to 59 group 97.8%

45 to 49 group 79.3%

Branding people “Anti Vaxers” is wrong for a lot of the people who haven’t taken the jab. Most of those people will have had many vaccines throughout their lives but are unsure about the safety surrounding this vaccine. My wife was offered the Astra Zeneca jab and booked it. She had a horrendous reaction to the vaccine which was far, far worse than what she and I experienced with the virus when we had it in February.
5 days after she received it the advice was changed saying her age group can have an alternative vaccine. She now doesn’t know what she will do about the second dose after her experience with the first. What you have to understand is for many of these people in age groups that the virus hardly touches, the vaccine is far from a pleasant experience for them. 

Edited by JF

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Welcome news indeed. Hope you don't wake up the Moys of this world! I've been following the Our World in Data stats for a month or so now. They show comparative rates in relative and absolute change. Further, it's a clickable spreadsheet if you decide to look at the table tab which you can sort how you wish. Very impressive. Copying here for interest.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-vaccination-doses-per-capita

Indeed

i follow the daily trackers which are about a day behind, ie almost real time and the EU are doing by far the biggest daily numbers if you exclude China who are up to as many as 12.5 million doses per day. They are also now the biggest exporters. They are using Johnson and Johnson as well in large numbers so only one dose there. All good news for getting the world back to some sort of normal.

• Like 2

Some interesting comments here from Andrew Pollard, remember him, with Sarah Gilbert making similar noises. Those on a different thread will know the agreements ( I assume verbal ) between Oxford and the government regards getting the world vaccinated once the vulnerable are vaccinated. Living in the U.K. or US ( and other similar countries ) of course we ignore these calls, however this is how the likes of Oxford wanted their vaccines deployed. I have a feeling, despite being kicked under the carpet out of view, we will be hearing more from Andrew Pollard and Sarah Gilbert over the coming weeks.

It feels "morally wrong" that children in some richer countries are being offered a Covid-19 jab before some high-risk people in poorer countries, the director of the Oxford Vaccine Group has told MPs.

Prof Andrew Pollard told the All Party Parliamentary Group on Coronavirus the overall aim of a global vaccination programme was to stop people dying.

He said the priority groups were the over-50s, people with health conditions and also healthcare workers

"We are in a situation at the moment where there are many un-vaccinated people in the world but not enough doses for everyone yet.

"...whilst people whose risk is extremely low are being vaccinated - including children who have near to zero the risk of severe disease or death.

"That inequity is absolutely plain to see at this moment in a very troubling way as we see the images from South Asia on our televisions of the awful circumstances now - colleagues that are just facing the most appalling circumstances, they're not working in a situation where there's an NHS to support them.

"And it feels completely wrong to be in a situation morally where we were allowing that to happen, whilst in many countries vaccines are being rolled out to younger and younger populations at very, very low risk."

He added that not having vaccine equity around the world is also a risk to health security, adding: "If we have better distribution of vaccines, there is some downward pressure on variants of concern."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

I'm liking the sound of this EU. Maybe we should try and join for the mutual benefit of all. 👍

Would it have been too much of a problem to close off India from the UK?

Why are we still in a muddled situation where some experts say we could be facing a spot of bother while other say it is inconsequential.UK

30 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Would it have been too much of a problem to close off India from the UK?

Why are we still in a muddled situation where some experts say we could be facing a spot of bother while other say it is inconsequential.UK

PM says we did. Strange the pink un posters thought the India situation was concerning, but the government didn’t, but what do we know.

Johnson is asked why the government put India on the international travel "red list" two weeks after Bangladesh and Pakistan.

He says India was put on the red list before the Indian variant was under investigation, let alone being one of concern.

"We took prompt action and we will continue to take very, very draconian action in respect of all variants coming from wherever, around the world," he says. 

Asked if it was safe that 150 flights a day are going to amber list countries, Johnson says it is "very important" that people understand these countries should not be seen as holiday destinations.

Dodgy Dom
“7/ If you are going to have to do measures ≈ lockdown to avoid health system collapse then the harder/earlier the better & the sooner they can be released. Pseudo 'lockdowns' w/o serious enforcement are hopeless: econ hit & people die anyway, nightmare rumbles on”

Fully agree with Mr Cummings but the stench of duplicity is acrid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

He says India was put on the red list before the Indian variant was under investigation, let alone being one of concern.

I think the clue is is in the name  - the 'Indian' variant.

Well thats another lie from Boris which will gain him two more points on Labour as the unbelievable trend of people think he is doing a good job continues. It must be the Hartlepool Syndrome.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Dodgy Dom
“7/ If you are going to have to do measures ≈ lockdown to avoid health system collapse then the harder/earlier the better & the sooner they can be released. Pseudo 'lockdowns' w/o serious enforcement are hopeless: econ hit & people die anyway, nightmare rumbles on”

Fully agree with Mr Cummings but the stench of duplicity is acrid.

Now do you get why some of us hate these people with a passion? Nest of serpents. 

Anyone heard about their 2nd jab date being brought forward ?  Mine is due in 2 weeks and the website says they'll get in touch if they can bring it forward, so I'm just waiting, I'll probably keep socially distanced until I've had the 2nd jab and a couple of weeks after !