Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

12 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Yes,   if  the numbers are all correct we have enough Pfizer already in the country to give second doses to all that need one. Given a ban could still happen it makes sense that these are used up and that we don't over commit by giving them as first jabs.   

Domestic AZ production highly likely accounts for over half of all vaccines  given  and as you say other vaccines are coming  online. So as long as component supply lines are not cut the campaign will probably keep chugging long quite nicely whatever happens now with the EU, India and the US and certainly quick enough for us to be at or near HIT with good protection to all vulnerable groups by the time of the June grand re opening.

It's all about variants now though...

There will be no problems with second doses, however it will be interesting to see wether after that if Pfizer is used 1 dose given 1 dose saved or if we are 100% confident of our future Pfizer deliveries. 

I think I missed my chance for a while then. I got a call last week, which I missed, but I got a weird message which I put down as either scam or spam and didn't call back. Getting home I get told that it was the vax people and they would get back in touch. I haven't heard back since then.

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

I always wanted AZ, but in the cold light of day I feel very fortunate to have 2 doses of Pfizer, based on reports on data from the US and Israel. I hope the AZ turns out to be as effective in the field, then we will have amazing protection.

It does not make it clear wether it is 12 weeks or 21 - 28 days, so here is praying that 12 weeks is as effective. I notice where I am appointments for Pfizer are being pulled forward as well for the next couple of weeks. I assume it’s because it’s here so we use it in case there is a problem, but I will ask next Thursday if there is a reason.

It's obvious why, surely.   Supplies are drying up so there will be fewer first vaccines for the time being, thus second vaccinations can be moved forward to fill the void, until we get more supplies back online. My next jab is in May but I'm sure it will be moved forward.

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

It's obvious why, surely.   Supplies are drying up so there will be fewer first vaccines for the time being, thus second vaccinations can be moved forward to fill the void, until we get more supplies back online. My next jab is in May but I'm sure it will be moved forward.

I explained why a long while ago and you slated me, and guess what I said ( before the government announcement ) there will be a shortage of vaccine in April. If you read my post earlier you will see I know about April, because I actually had an NHS email explaining the situation, and it is 2 weeks, not a month.

My point was about Pfizer, were the doses being pulled forward because it is not as effective at 12 weeks as was hoped, or using it in case we can’t get more. I understood you had AZ why the hell would you want that before 10 - 12 weeks as the trials say that is the best efficacy.

With regards shortages of vaccines, there is certainly no shortage in the major countries. Today we crashed through the 600 million with an amazing 35 million doses given ( total now 628 million ). Unfortunately China, America and India ain’t giving any to anyone at the moment and if you refer to an earlier link you will see both India and America are stopping vaccine being exported even where that vaccine is contracted to other countries, which contradicts what you told everybody the other day. It should be noted though that China have given away tens of millions of doses, the US a big fat zero, although I dispute that as I think they sold 4 million to Canada.

And by the way where’s my link ?

9 hours ago, Well b back said:

I explained why a long while ago and you slated me, and guess what I said ( before the government announcement ) there will be a shortage of vaccine in April. If you read my post earlier you will see I know about April, because I actually had an NHS email explaining the situation, and it is 2 weeks, not a month.

My point was about Pfizer, were the doses being pulled forward because it is not as effective at 12 weeks as was hoped, or using it in case we can’t get more. I understood you had AZ why the hell would you want that before 10 - 12 weeks as the trials say that is the best efficacy.

With regards shortages of vaccines, there is certainly no shortage in the major countries. Today we crashed through the 600 million with an amazing 35 million doses given ( total now 628 million ). Unfortunately China, America and India ain’t giving any to anyone at the moment and if you refer to an earlier link you will see both India and America are stopping vaccine being exported even where that vaccine is contracted to other countries, which contradicts what you told everybody the other day. It should be noted though that China have given away tens of millions of doses, the US a big fat zero, although I dispute that as I think they sold 4 million to Canada.

And by the way where’s my link ?

Pfizer is being pulled forward for the same reason as AZ..... we have extra capacity for vaccination due to lack of first doses available.

You remoaners are so dense.....

2 hours ago, norwichpepper said:

Impressive to see the UK on top of the leaderboard.

... and many more successes to come thanks to now having our independence returned.  It is really upsetting some people 🤣

Edited by paul moy

13 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Pfizer is being pulled forward for the same reason as AZ..... we have extra capacity for vaccination due to lack of first doses available.

You remoaners are so dense.....

1. I voted leave

2. You are talking complete rubbish why would we give AZ earlier.

3. Where’s my link.

4. If you would be brave enough to come out from behind your computer and call me dense, then fine, if you are not then don’t do it sunshine.

18 minutes ago, paul moy said:

... and many more successes to come thanks to now having our independence returned.  It is really upsetting some people 🤣

Why make things up to stir up problems between fellow posters and European citizens ?. Maybe you would like to point out where ‘ The U.K. NHS vaccine roll out is upsetting people ‘. You wishing people dead from other countries is what’s upsetting people. I remember you saying you were to scared to help the National effort.

We were having a sensible grown up discussion, we may not all agree, but we discuss and enjoy those discussions. Every time we have these discussions you come along with your hatred, like a little baby, stirring up trouble and trying to turn poster against poster. You are just a sad old man looking for attention, if you can’t join in and discuss things like a grown up then it’s you missing out.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, paul moy said:

And just to add for clarity, unlike you I support the ‘ Worldwide vaccination programmes ‘.

45 minutes ago, Well b back said:

And just to add for clarity, unlike you I support the ‘ Worldwide vaccination programmes ‘.

Wbb, this sounds patronising I know but I've got to say I do appreciate your posts.

95% of us on here are completely inflexible.   Any thread could open up on here and I already know what the 100 pages of messages will say and who will say what.  Honestly most of the time there could be two messages one which says 'read the guardian' and one that says 'read the daily mail and everyone could find something else to do.

But you are a hardy few do offer different  perspectives and do engage in debate.   Thank you and don't let the likes of PM wind you up!

Edited by Barbe bleu
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

1. I voted leave

2. You are talking complete rubbish why would we give AZ earlier.

3. Where’s my link.

4. If you would be brave enough to come out from behind your computer and call me dense, then fine, if you are not then don’t do it sunshine.

Lies.... you never stop criticising UK PLC

32 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Wbb, this sounds patronising I know but I've got to say I do appreciate your posts.

95% of us on here are completely inflexible.   Any thread could open up on here and I already know what the 100 pages of messages will say and who will say what.  Honestly most of the time there could be two messages one which says 'read the guardian' and one that says 'read the daily mail and everyone could find something else to do.

But you are a hardy few do offer different  perspectives and do engage in debate.   Thank you and don't let the likes of PM wind you up!

Yes, I wind him up by pointing out his hypocrisy and lack of commonsense.

56 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Yes, I wind him up by pointing out his hypocrisy and lack of commonsense.

Have you ever shouted "Smell my cheese you Mother!".

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

Good post. Paul is a pure troll. I say that because there is no attempt to answer any points or challenges. The subject matter of posts is shall I say 'one dimensional'. I don't mind people speaking about the EU negatively but it wears a bit thin after a while. The more it gets posted the more I reckon the poster doesn't actually believe in his message. Why keep repeating something? And the same thing!

Perhaps we can insert a background colour on our posts (or font) to save time 😆...mine could be a gentle shade of green. Then people could ignore you immediately seeing the colour.

BB, you can stay in the black!

Edited by sonyc

52 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Good post. Paul is a pure troll. I say that because there is no attempt to answer any points or challenges. The subject matter of posts is shall I say 'one dimensional'. I don't mind people speaking about the EU negatively but it wears a bit thin after a while. The more it gets posted the more I reckon the poster doesn't actually believe in his message. Why keep repeating something? And the same thing!

Perhaps we can insert a background colour on our posts (or font) to save time 😆...mine could be a gentle shade of green. Then people could ignore you immediately seeing the colour.

BB, you can stay in the black!

I think PM should post in white personally. Better for everybody.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think PM should post in white personally. Better for everybody.

Don't let him know he is posting in black!

• Haha 1

Cannot accept some of the reasons being offered by those who do not want to have one.

I think they are silly for pubs and restaurants because over 80s do not frequent them.

But to say to refuse someone entrance is discriminatory is daft. So many places will refuse entrance for any amount of reasons but purely for dress code is the main reason.

Jab and Go Janssen.....for you millennials

A new single shot Covid-19 vaccine could be available by July and will be mainly used to target young millennials who might not want to wait for three months for a second dose.
Nadhim Zahawi, the vaccines minister, said UK medical regulators are now formally assessing the safety of the Janssen vaccine, which is made by Johnson & Johnson.
Ministers are hoping the Janssen jab can be deployed among the young adults born around turn of the century as a ‘jab and go’ offering.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Cannot accept some of the reasons being offered by those who do not want to have one.

I think they are silly for pubs and restaurants because over 80s do not frequent them.

But to say to refuse someone entrance is discriminatory is daft. So many places will refuse entrance for any amount of reasons but purely for dress code is the main reason.

Presume you are talking about vaccine passports, not a problem IMHO. This is a short term measure to get certain venues up and running again in a safe way, its not as if they dont need the help.

National

3432 - 10

Local

image.png.78ef4abe5c53afd06085c7872f6c9d70.png

image.png.e4773813cc1b17aaee1988dec7d223cf.png

Locally we are now at the stage where they have more patients who fell off ladders.

image.thumb.png.67bda09087203f5622fea32ef4db744b.png

image.thumb.png.38ca23de53df42eec79d3f6a5e8c1fd4.png

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

National

3432 - 10

Local

image.png.78ef4abe5c53afd06085c7872f6c9d70.png

image.png.e4773813cc1b17aaee1988dec7d223cf.png

Locally we are now at the stage where they have more patients who fell off ladders.

image.thumb.png.67bda09087203f5622fea32ef4db744b.png

image.thumb.png.38ca23de53df42eec79d3f6a5e8c1fd4.png

I'd like to see anyone fall up them😀🤸

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

I'd like to see anyone fall up them😀🤸

Its been done.

Especially if you are a bit Brahms🍻

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Its been done.

Especially if you are a bit Brahms🍻

Have certainly fallen up the stairs....then back down again 😀

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

You can go home and get changed (or turn up wearing an acceptable dress code in the first place). Half the population currently aren’t allowed to get a jab even if they want one.

9 hours ago, Aggy said:

You can go home and get changed (or turn up wearing an acceptable dress code in the first place). Half the population currently aren’t allowed to get a jab even if they want one.

Nightclubs  clubs filled with the over 70’s will be groovy and be able to close at 9.45.

• Haha 1

Less bouncers required but a few more first responders, A and E full of revellers having fallen off their platform shoes.

35 minutes ago, Herman said:

Ricardo dressed up in his Travolta white suit.😀

Anyway here is an interesting opinion piece. And with some good thought provoking BTL comments too.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/03/undermining-the-astrazeneca-jab-is-a-dangerous-act-of-political-folly

Good article, tarnished only slightly by the vision of elderly gentlemen in white suits. ( spot the stain competition)