Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

9 hours ago, paul moy said:

So Novavax snub the EU just as I suggested was happening yesterday due to their treatment of AZ.  The EU are certainly experts at driving away business to us little englanders away from the BIG 27 .  Long may it continue !! 🤗:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1416501/novavax-vaccine-boris-johnson-uk-delivery-covid-jab-eu

Here's a handy tip for you Paul, if you are using the Express to validate your lies then you're not going to convince anyone.

More ill-informed nonsense from Paul Moy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Here's a handy tip for you Paul, if you are using the Express to validate your lies then you're not going to convince anyone.

More ill-informed nonsense from Paul Moy.

Novavax deal is exclusive to UK for 60 million doses produced in the UK, with no deliveries to EU, and bottled and filled in UK.  I wonder why..... 😂

10 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Novavax deal is exclusive to UK for 60 million doses produced in the UK, with no deliveries to EU, and bottled and filled in UK.  I wonder why..... 😂

The UK doesn't export vaccines.

We do export some ingredients to the EU but we do not export vaccines.

You're still pathetic.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Maybe dig a big channel between us and fill it with water. That'll stop em. 

If you believe in the European project so much maybe you should get in the trenches with them?

41 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Where’s my link ?

522 flights scheduled from Germany to Majorca up to next Monday.

Madness, sheer madness.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, paul moy said:

Maybe because the EU didn’t buy any.

Edited by Well b back

55 minutes ago, ricardo said:

522 flights scheduled from Germany to Majorca up to next Monday.

Madness, sheer madness.

Don't worry Ricardo - lots of expat Brits returning from Spain next week.

35 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yes, they seem to have backed a lot of the wrong horses so far.😉

21 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Ever since UVDL opened her mouth and caused a lot of indecisions concerning  the AZ vaccine this past 2 or 3 months, which filtered down thru to their populations and help build this feeling of unease about the AZ vaccine, all its done is help the slowness of vaccine take up in many EU states and beyond. This has been such a sorry saga, its the EU populations right now that are suffering with being so far behind in the vax programs, absolutely many will suffer as it clashes with massive new waves of infections to.

I dont get involved with the rhetorics of both media and politicians either side of the  Channel or North Sea, we are all Europeans and while im  happy with the situation in the UK regarding the low state of Covid infections and deaths and the high uptake and state of the vaccination program,  i absolutely feel for the general populations in the EU who will and are suffering thru  those indecisions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Let’s hope not as time goes by as we need all countries to get vaccinated ASAP. It’s all swings and roundabouts one of their big shots was Johnson and Johnson which is a single dose with 55 million set to begin to arrive on 19/4. There are some reports that with the EU Pfizer have developed and already supplied a new vaccine that deals with the variants. 

Only history will tell the story of the world and how it will judge countries like the US, China and Russia. I am sure in world history our spat with the EU may get a paragraph. The main story will be was it best to back old technologies or the new MRNA technologies, or were they equal. Just to show how things can change, last week China were vaccinating at 300,000 per day today it looks like it could top the 5 million. Who would have thought the main countries supplying poorer countries would be China and Russia ( even if it has been done for their own particular gain ) after their promises not to share until their citizens were vaccinated, whereas the West who said they would ensure all vaccines were shared, have kept it to themselves. 
Funny old world, which could have a dangerous look when Russia and China begin to look for support from their new friends in continents like Africa.

2 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Ever since UVDL opened her mouth and caused a lot of indecisions concerning  the AZ vaccine this past 2 or 3 months, which filtered down thru to their populations and help build this feeling of unease about the AZ vaccine, all its done is help the slowness of vaccine take up in many EU states and beyond. This has been such a sorry saga, its the EU populations right now that are suffering with being so far behind in the vax programs, absolutely many will suffer as it clashes with massive new waves of infections to.

I dont get involved with the rhetorics of both media and politicians either side of the  Channel or North Sea, we are all Europeans and while im  happy with the situation in the UK regarding the low state of Covid infections and deaths and the high uptake and state of the vaccination program,  i absolutely feel for the general populations in the EU who will and are suffering thru  those indecisions.

To be fair it was Trump and Fauci and now Biden ( maybe not him personally ) that have launched the biggest attacks on AstraZeneca. The EU have joined in with several other nations. A very good PR job was done to throw all the blame at the EU, yep their initial 3 months have not been good, but they are by no means the instigators of trying to get rid of AstraZeneca.

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Main

4040 - 56

Local

image.png.f3153626712a9bb88b2784679bf9084f.png

image.png.486d908d38fd22235eea02bbfc20104a.png

image.thumb.png.e0d761218dcc356032b8e806168135f3.png

image.thumb.png.02d35d1e96fe38c24ffd936e6fbd0f32.png

Thanks for the info Ricardo. Really  starting to see new infections weekly rate decreasing again, something i did not expect but  so good to see. I think whats happening is that some stubborn blue colored area these past few weeks, mainly in a line from North Lincs across South Yorks into Central Lancs and another around The Wash stretching down to Corby, are very slowly decresing now so helping to get the  number decreasing again. Deaths and admissions  continue to decrease and hopefully the 2nd vax dose program in April really  starts  to wind up. All still good and getting better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Let’s hope not as time goes by as we need all countries to get vaccinated ASAP. It’s all swings and roundabouts one of their big shots was Johnson and Johnson which is a single dose with 55 million set to begin to arrive on 19/4. There are some reports that with the EU Pfizer have developed and already supplied a new vaccine that deals with the variants. 

Only history will tell the story of the world and how it will judge countries like the US, China and Russia. I am sure in world history our spat with the EU may get a paragraph. The main story will be was it best to back old technologies or the new MRNA technologies, or were they equal. Just to show how things can change, last week China were vaccinating at 300,000 per day today it looks like it could top the 5 million. Who would have thought the main countries supplying poorer countries would be China and Russia ( even if it has been done for their own particular gain ) after their promises not to share until their citizens were vaccinated, whereas the West who said they would ensure all vaccines were shared, have kept it to themselves. 
Funny old world, which could have a dangerous look when Russia and China begin to look for support from their new friends in continents like Africa.

I see you make this point quite often WBB, the way Russia and China are using vaccine to gain some traction in places like Africa, and yes you have a good point. But don’t forget this sort of activity, particularly by China, has been going on for years, it’s just another page of the same book. Many years ago I worked in Zimbabwe for a while ( public health as it happens )and the Chinese influence there was massive, they built hospitals, trained their military and special services, supplied military hardware and software etc etc they have been involved massively in Africa for years. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Chinese influence there was massive

They seem to have cheerleaders everywhere.😉

I'm expecting to see one of those artificial island on Scroby Sands soon.😁

Edited by ricardo

29 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I see you make this point quite often WBB, the way Russia and China are using vaccine to gain some traction in places like Africa, and yes you have a good point. But don’t forget this sort of activity, particularly by China, has been going on for years, it’s just another page of the same book. Many years ago I worked in Zimbabwe for a while ( public health as it happens )and the Chinese influence there was massive, they built hospitals, trained their military and special services, supplied military hardware and software etc etc they have been involved massively in Africa for years. 

I will both agree and disagree, I don’t think it’s Africa necessarily you need to worry about, where AstraZeneca have been unable to supply Covax in Africa China and Russia have stepped in. Unfortunately that’s not the only areas where deliveries are failing, Brazil,Mexico, Argentina, Pakistan, Hungary,Serbia and so the list goes on as AstraZeneca are unable to get their exports out of India and The US. Russia simply gave so much away they are now having to export in from countries like Indonesia who also manufacture Sputnik. America and China have bought up most the materials required.

31 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Hinkley point but you never know with Sizewell 

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

As you know, the EU tried but were rebuffed with a glib reply, and then Novavax funnily enough agreed to supply the  UK with 60 million doses instead, and also to situate the bottle and filling inside the non-protectionist UK, as they know that the non red-taping and free-trading UK will not invoke crazy export bans.  

That's what you get when you threaten to ban EU resident vaccine plants from exporting to fulfil legal contractual orders that the EU were late in placing..... 🤗.    Companies are now reviewing their supply chains and the EU will be a massive loser.  🤣

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

The main story will be was it best to back old technologies or the new MRNA technologies, or were they equal. 

I dont want to be pedantic and I stand to be corrected but if be 'old technologies' you mean adenovirus vector vaccine I think that either the AZ vaccine or sputnik was the very first to be licenced.

Don't underestimate the breakthrough made by all vaccine companies here

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I went on holiday to China. I had had enough after a week but a month later I wanted to go again.

38 minutes ago, paul moy said:

As you know, the EU tried but were rebuffed with a glib reply, and then Novavax funnily enough agreed to supply the  UK with 60 million doses instead, and also to situate the bottle and filling inside the non-protectionist UK, as they know that the non red-taping and free-trading UK will not invoke crazy export bans.  

That's what you get when you threaten to ban EU resident vaccine plants from exporting to fulfil legal contractual orders that the EU were late in placing..... 🤗.    Companies are now reviewing their supply chains and the EU will be a massive loser.  🤣

The UK does not export Covid vaccines.

More fantasy nonsense from Paul Moy.

Meanwhile, it was a year ago that this happened. And DT is right now furiously trying to spread the blame for what happened on his watch... 

Virus Expelled .jpg

Trump Virus.jpg

Edited by Surfer

53 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I dont want to be pedantic and I stand to be corrected but if be 'old technologies' you mean adenovirus vector vaccine I think that either the AZ vaccine or sputnik was the very first to be licenced.

Don't underestimate the breakthrough made by all vaccine companies here

The mRNA I believe are actually easier to make - more synthetic.

20 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The mRNA I believe are actually easier to make - more synthetic.

Is that the one with the mind control chip in it?🤔

52 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Is that the one with the mind control chip in it?🤔

The one you had 😉

Edited by Yellow Fever
After the 2nd dose you'll know it's working when you have cravings for German beer and sausages.

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

You talk so much s***. 
As has been mentioned you don’t know wether the EU couldn’t have or didn’t want / need as nobody does so don’t lie. Are Poland no longer manufacturing their own Novavax with a loan from somewhere. Why make up total tosh. Pfizer apparently working with the EU have already launched 4 million doses of a vaccine that deals with all current known variants.

You said ‘ The EU will not be delivered any Novavax ‘ for once you were correct because they never ordered any.

Why are you not attacking the US ?

So despite The EU being behind, do you really have that much hatred in you that you dont want them to get sorted ? Surely it’s in our interests for them to go get sorted ? From 19/4 they have 55 million Johnson and Johnson coming in ( 110 million of any other vaccine ) huge Pfizer and Moderna deliveries. AZ has failed on deliveries to lots of countries and China and Russia have stepped in, that includes Covax, which reminds me where’s my link ?

Any news on Alex Belfield ?

Companies are now reviewing their supply chains

They certainly are they are upping them, where the hell do you think 2 billion doses could be made at the drop of a hat ? Wrexham ? That magic vaccine tree ? Has all this happened since 26/3 I thought the US and EU agreed to move forward together ?

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/increase-vaccine-manufacturing-capacity-supply-covid-19-vaccines-astrazeneca-biontechpfizer-moderna