Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

27 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Really interesting this next phase. 

The young, 18-24,  have the most prior infection and least vulnerability so much as I agree that at some point we need to focus squarely on spread there is an equally valid argument that says it is the 30-50 category that needs jabs most.   Little prior infection, more likely to be in a busy household, and mixing in multiple settings etc.   Intereating times

Whatever group is transmitting it most.

"Thank you's" all round for the concerned comments above. I'm hardly ever ill and when you get symptoms during such a pandemic it must be easy to add two and two. I'm now fairly sure I do not have the virus. All checks I've made (save for a test result) indicate not. There are the three key symptoms and I've not had any of those.  The throat and stomach are much better after a 24 hour period too. Mrs S was never convinced either!

I may as well take the mickey out of myself!

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 14.52.00.png

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 14.52.13.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Uncontested contracts for chums unlawful. Utterly damning judgement against Hancock.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/matt-hancock-acted-unlawfully-over-covid-contract-details-high-court-judge-rules/ar-BB1dPz3Y?ocid=msedgntp

A ruling released by the High Court found: “There is now no dispute that, in a substantial number of cases, the Secretary of State breached his legal obligation to publish Contract Award Notices (CANs) within 30 days of the award of contracts.” 

The ruling stated: “The Secretary of State spent vast quantities of public money on pandemic-related procurements during 2020. The public were entitled to see who this money was going to, what it was being spent on and how the relevant contracts were awarded.”

Edited by horsefly

More good news on the one shot approach for Pfizer Vax

Analysis from Norwich Medical School.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I skimmed this earlier.  I have to say that is not how i read it.

A failure to disclose the contracts in a timely fashion was held to be unlawful. A second challenge on on  basis of a deliberate policy to withhold disclosure was found to be without foundation.

I didn't know that there had been any challenge to the contracts themselves. 

Have i missed something?

Edited by Barbe bleu

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

I skimmed this earlier.  I have to say that is not how i read it.

A failure to disclose the contracts in a timely fashion was held to be unlawful. A second challenge on on  basis of a deliberate policy to withhold disclosure was found to be without foundation.

I didn't know that there had been any challenge to the contracts themselves. 

Have i missed something?

Let him have his fun BB😉

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

The lack of concern concerns me.

No doubt he will be getting the baseball bat out again😉

Bit of a surprise, welcome if proven

"The Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine no longer needs to be kept at super-cold temperatures, new results suggest, a development which will make it considerably easier to distribute in the UK and internationally.   

According to the updated stability data, which has been submitted to regulators in the United States, the vaccine can be kept in a normal medical freezer at between -15C and -25C for as long as two weeks. 

Previously, the vaccine - which uses mRNA technology and was the first in the world to be approved, by UK regulators - had to be “deep frozen” at between -60C and -80C, temperatures colder than the Antarctic winter.

The vaccine’s instability has been a major hurdle for distribution efforts. Doses are shipped in specially-designed containers that must be topped up with dry ice every five days and, once it arrives at a clinic, it can be kept in a fridge for only five days."

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 2

We shouldn’t be forced to rely on litigation to keep those in power honest, but in this case it’s clear that our challenge pushed government to comply with its legal obligations.

job done

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ricardo said:

No doubt he will be getting the baseball bat out again😉

Did I tell you about the fox that trashed my greenhouse? I could have done with him then.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

Did I tell you about the fox that trashed my greenhouse? I could have done with him then.

Did it savage your tomatoes?

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm afraid the bad wind took my greenhouse, last week. Aluminium bent badly but glass saved. Keep the glass for cold frames and put up another shed instead.

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Jumped on, pooped on, peed on and shredded everything. Including a poor old rabbit.😀 (And they really stink.)

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I'd be more concerned if it savaged his plums

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Bit of a surprise, welcome if proven

"The Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine no longer needs to be kept at super-cold temperatures, new results suggest, a development which will make it considerably easier to distribute in the UK and internationally.   

According to the updated stability data, which has been submitted to regulators in the United States, the vaccine can be kept in a normal medical freezer at between -15C and -25C for as long as two weeks. 

Previously, the vaccine - which uses mRNA technology and was the first in the world to be approved, by UK regulators - had to be “deep frozen” at between -60C and -80C, temperatures colder than the Antarctic winter.

The vaccine’s instability has been a major hurdle for distribution efforts. Doses are shipped in specially-designed containers that must be topped up with dry ice every five days and, once it arrives at a clinic, it can be kept in a fridge for only five days."

thing is VW, you get what is there, no choice available.

1 minute ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

thing is VW, you get what is there, no choice available.

A massive logistical boost if correct. My GP had both vaccines available the day I had mine, but it wasnt pick and choose 😀

• Like 1

without certification that you had your first and second jab, you can never proof that you have been vaccinated, a stamp on your notification paper, and or in your passport, would be one simple way of doing it. Blairs suggestion is wrong asit creates the need for another bureaucratic solution which will cost us.

7 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

without certification that you had your first and second jab, you can never proof that you have been vaccinated, a stamp on your notification paper, and or in your passport, would be one simple way of doing it. Blairs suggestion is wrong asit creates the need for another bureaucratic solution which will cost us.

Couldn’t people just get a simple doctor’s note as and when they need it, three months before a holiday or something? Presumably they’ve got it on record?

1 minute ago, Aggy said:

Couldn’t people just get a simple doctor’s note as and when they need it, three months before a holiday or something? Presumably they’ve got it on record?

my GP has shoved me on to a large national vaccination site, will he really be informed by them, or is it our responsibility to do so?

23 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

my GP has shoved me on to a large national vaccination site, will he really be informed by them, or is it our responsibility to do so?

Not sure. Would have thought they probably ought to be telling your GPs/updating your general health records, but I’ve got a feeling you don’t have any record of school jabs so maybe they don’t.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Not sure. Would have thought they probably ought to be telling your GPs/updating your general health records, but I’ve got a feeling you don’t have any record of school jabs so maybe they don’t.

Mine is on my NHS record which I can access online.

There is so much data collection taking place in this vaccination program for all sorts of purposes I would be amazed if your vaccine isn’t recorded against your patient info on the NHS data base

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

I believe it’s a national NHS database which is linked to all Surgeries 

14 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

I believe it’s a national NHS database which is linked to all Surgeries 

I'm  not so sure. I had my jab at a mass site and then got a letter from my surgery a week later. 

Mind you, my surgery is notorious for its terrible admin.

here's an interesting article from the Telegraph. The study size is small but take from it what you will.

Glasses wearers are up to three times less likely to catch Covid-19, a study has found.

Touching the face, nose, mouth and eyes after coming into contact with the virus could lead to infection, but people who wear glasses rub their eyes less, according to researchers in India.

They estimate this makes them two to three times less likely of being infected, as "repeated touching and rubbing of the eyes" with contaminated hands may be a "significant route" of transmission.

The researchers studied 304 people (223 male, 81 female) in a hospital in northern India between August 26 and September 8.  They were aged between 10 and 80 and all reported Covid-19 symptoms.

The participants filled out questionnaires about their vision and glasses-wearing habits. Some 19 per cent reported wearing glasses most of the time.

"An individual has the habit of touching his own face on average 23 times in an hour and his eyes on average three times per hour," the study states.

"The present study showed that the risk of Covid-19 was about two to three times less in spectacles wearing population than the population not wearing those."

The researchers said tear ducts could be the route of  transmission of the virus, carrying it into the nasal cavity.

They said those who wear glasses for more than eight hours a day were least likely to catch the virus.

• Like 1