Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

12 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Mrs R has been jabbed.

5 mins in and out.

Bloody freezingĀ  in the City.

You had sex after an inoculation? And lasted that long? And in the middle of the City?

• Haha 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

You had sex after an inoculation? And lasted that long? And in the middle of the City?

5 mins would be a marathon at my age.

23 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Mrs R has been jabbed.

5 mins in and out.

Bloody freezingĀ  in the City.

AZ?

18 minutes ago, ricardo said:

yes

Iā€™m reliably informed by some frog munching, garlic enthusiast that it wonā€™t work.

mind you, if I walked in to france with a needle theyā€™d probably all surrender

• Haha 1

On 29/01/2021 at 12:40, paul moy said:

Yes, and of course it surely could not be the EU could it in order to deflect attention from its own ongoing negligence and incompetence.

On 29/01/2021 at 12:45, keelansgrandad said:

You utter fool.

I wasn't going into depth about it but the very muddy waters of this dispute appear to be highland spring water to you.

You are a racist. You hate anyone but British.

Actually KG he hates 48% of the British as well,Ā  or at least it was 48% in 2016 but I think that's risen to 52/53% now šŸ™„

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Nearly half a million today

image.thumb.png.a393631f267cb7ad29e5936b98b875fc.png

Over 8.3 million now had their first jab, magnificent effortšŸ‘

6 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

No I don't agree. I hope this helps you. Im not going to blame those who were told that they can see family from two households, whilst Johnson prances about shedding crocodile tears. Do you think his trip to Scotland yesterday was essential? I think he should follow Cummings.

Unfortunately hasnā€™t helped me, only confused me further. Are you saying you think the government should be more of a dictatorship or less? Your first post I quoted suggested you thought they were too much of a dictatorship already.Ā 

But now you seem to be saying the government is in fact too liberal because it gaveĀ people the seemingly fairly obvious choice of eitherĀ (a) stayingĀ at home or (b) seeing family in the middle of a global pandemic that had killed hundreds of thousands worldwide already,Ā fully aware that meeting up would put themselves, their familiesĀ and others at risk as well as putting childrenā€™s educations and peopleā€™s livelihoods at risk.

I donā€™tĀ think Johnsonā€™s trip to Scotland was essential and I was very critical of Cummins who should have resigned there and then. Iā€™ve got no time for Boris,Ā this governmentĀ or the tories generally, so youā€™re barking up the wrong tree there.Ā 

ButĀ I find it absolutely laughable that when it comes to students and young people breaking the rules, the students and young people are to blame, but when otherĀ adultsĀ choose to do what they want fully aware of the risks, they blame the government and refuse to take any responsibility.Ā 

On 30/01/2021 at 01:56, ron obvious said:

Ā 

I urge you to watch this video. Ignore the title, it's clickbait; the content is much more nuanced

Ā 

Ā 

This is an informative and suprisingly balanced discussion masquerading as inflammatory BS. I wouldn't have watched it if you hadn't insisted.Ā Thanks!

So, they essentially sent the kids home without support and a plan how to bring them back safely. Apparently in UK and California this has gone on for better part of a year....withoutĀ any commitment to stopping the virus. This is absolutely terrible.

I thought about it and here's how to open schools:

Decrease viral density in air and surfaces as close toĀ zero as possible.

This is how:

• Run an industrial (or a few consumer grade) air purifier unit(s) in the classroom through the schoolday.
  • UV lights withĀ infrared detectors destroy microbes safely from surfaces and air.Ā These are alreadyĀ used in elevators. They work for a period of time (e.g. 10 minutes)Ā when nobody is present.Ā A handful of such lamps are placed smartlyĀ in a classroom toĀ minimize "shadows". Ditto for hallways, toilets, lockerrooms etc.Ā  Hourly 15 minute breaks areĀ convenient to empty classrooms and other spaces.
  • FFP2/KN95 masks when there is *any* community spread.Ā Every breath taken with a mask on is a victory. Masks should be offered freely and changed a few times during the day. Undamaged masksĀ can easily be cleaned and reused.Ā Protective glasses can complement masks duringĀ high-risk activities.
  • Periodical mass testingĀ and probabilistically targeted testing, and tracing (families,Ā hobbies).
  • "Soft" distance learning: Highly functioning childrenĀ can spend some time away with negligible if any impact on learning. Some benefit from fewer distractions.

Costs would amount to 3000-6000 ā‚¬ per classroom plus running costs.

@Van wink

The latest data from Israel is being discussed before it is released again and now goes up to 5 weeks due to the firstĀ vaccinated people now having their 2nd jab for over 2 weeks. The results after jab 2 are mind blowing to date. 1 week after jab 2 the data shows it is living up to its trial data at around 94% however 2 weeks after the data appears to show 99.96%. It also mentions that there should be some relevant data coming out of the U.K. soon regards the delaying of jabs 1 and 2 but their data finds dose 1 after 14 - 18 days reduces infection by 33% ( as shown below ). It also shew that Pfizer had NO unforeseen side effects. I have put the quote from 1 dose below as it is really important that those ( me included ) that have had 1 dose need to be very careful still and probably pushes the case that front line workers should have their second dose.Ā 

The organization found that vaccinated patients were 33% less likely to be infected 14 to 18 days after receiving their first shot.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

@Van wink

The latest data from Israel is being discussed before it is released again and now goes up to 5 weeks due to the firstĀ vaccinated people now having their 2nd jab for over 2 weeks. The results after jab 2 are mind blowing to date. 1 week after jab 2 the data shows it is living up to its trial data at around 94% however 2 weeks after the data appears to show 99.96%. It also mentions that there should be some relevant data coming out of the U.K. soon regards the delaying of jabs 1 and 2 but their data finds dose 1 after 14 - 18 days reduces infection by 33% ( as shown below ). It also shew that Pfizer had NO unforeseen side effects. I have put the quote from 1 dose below as it is really important that those ( me included ) that have had 1 dose need to be very careful still and probably pushes the case that front line workers should have their second dose.Ā 

The organization found that vaccinated patients were 33% less likely to be infected 14 to 18 days after receiving their first shot.

Ā 

Thanks for that wbb, we have been waiting for this. Certainly reinforces the case for caution in those that have onlyĀ had one jab. Obviously needs to be watched closely overĀ the next couple of weeks to see if immunity continues to rise, or even fall perish the thought. I guess there will be no single shot data after the fourth week interval as Israel are following Pfizers recommendations.

23 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I wouldnā€™t expect someone who ordered months before me to not be supplied because of inaction and stupidity on the EU side.

Bottom line is this has all been a metaphor for how the EU canā€™t deal with a situation like this. Itā€™s static, stuck in the mud, unaccountable. Itā€™s a horrendous organisation basically and elections within Europe where political parties offer a referendum in their manifesto are coming. Itā€™s inevitable.

The USA will always back us over Europe, this is a good thing.

Keelansgrandad does not have a clue.Ā Ā  'Best efforts' is in the contract so there is no obligation to supply, only for best efforts to be made.Ā  AZ are in the clear as on top of that the UK have priority due to an earlier contract that also gave them priority.

The EU thus are in a complete mess.Ā  Even if they stop Pfizer they cannot use it as it would be theft.

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Thanks for that wbb, we have been waiting for this. Certainly reinforces the case for caution in those that have onlyĀ had one jab. Obviously needs to be watched closely overĀ the next couple of weeks to see if immunity continues to rise, or even fall perish the thought. I guess there will be no single shot data after the fourth week interval as Israel are following Pfizers recommendations.

That is spot on the data will continually reaffirm or of course cast doubt on the data obtained to date.Ā 
Ā 

Had my first jab this morning, second in 11 weeks time, didnā€™t feel a thing. Six vaccinators on duty at Reydon Surgery, SouthwoldĀ 

• Like 6

On 30/01/2021 at 08:16, horsefly said:

Seems some idiots on here want to treat the EU as if it is one country and not an organisation of of 27 individual severiegn nations. Yep! some people really are that thick.

They are a number of 'states'Ā  similar to the USA so can be treated accordingly, especially as the EU were doing the procurement for all of the 'states' and exercised control over them in the federation.Ā 

Thus, it is fair to do the comparison although of course you do not like to admit that death rates in the EU will soon surpass 500,000.

With no vaccine I would expect Italy and maybe even France to surpass 100,000 covid death rates within the next month.Ā 

Edited by paul moy

11 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Had my first jab this morning, second in 11 weeks time, didnā€™t feel a thing. Six vaccinators on duty at Reydon Surgery, SouthwoldĀ 

Nice one.

Ā 

10 minutes ago, paul moy said:

They are a number of 'states'Ā  similar to the USA so can be treated accordingly, especially as the EU were doing the procurement for all of the 'states' and exercised control over them in the federation.Ā 

Thus, it is fair to do the comparison although of course you do not like to admit that death rates in the EU will soon surpass 500,000.

With no vaccine I would expect Italy and maybe even France to surpass 100,000 covid death rates within the next month.Ā 

What an utter buffoon. The EU IS NOT A FEDERATION you fool. It is nothing like the USA. Jesus! No wonder you post utter crap when you can't get a simple fact like this straight.

23 minutes ago, horsefly said:

What an utter buffoon. The EU IS NOT A FEDERATION you fool. It is nothing like the USA. Jesus! No wonder you post utter crap when you can't get a simple fact like this straight.

Do either of you actually care about the virus or is this just an opportunity to continue your posturing as the other threads areĀ not enough?

PM what is the point you are making?Ā  Is it that the US and EU had a simar model of central procurement and devolved administration and that the US has enjoyed relative success?

Ā 

• Thanks 1

How Brexit Britain's early decision-making beat the EU at every stage in vaccine orders, vaccine fridges/freezersĀ  and removed 30% of the bureaucracyĀ  by passing laws to give MHRA sovereignty over EMA.

A very good article indeed which should make us all proud to be British !!!Ā Ā  :Ā  šŸ¤—

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9205465/We-need-buy-freezers-fast-Thats-Jonathan-Van-Tam-told-No-10-Spring.html

30 minutes ago, horsefly said:

To all intents and purposes it is but it is very inconvenient for remoaners to admit it.Ā Ā  šŸ˜Ž

14 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Do either of you actually care about the virus or is this just an opportunity to continue your posturing as the other threads areĀ not enough?

With due respect to all, but this is derailing the thread subject, could the discussion not continue on the Brexit thread?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daz Sparks said:

With due respect to all, but this is derailing the thread subject, could the discussion not continue on the Brexit thread?

Totally agree! just appalled by the lies being spread by PM to bash the EU when everyone should be looking to cooperate in rolling out the vaccine to all (irrespective of nationality) who need it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Herman said:

They are quite understandably terrified of an outbreak. What we would give to be in their position.

As an aside the Australian rugby union has volunteered host the 2021 Lions tour of South Africa. Seems to be being greeted warmly, Better than games behind closed doors. Might we find Oz and NZ hostingĀ other international sports events even if it doesnā€™t involve their own teams.