Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

55 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

Watch this and then watch Sky News documentary "Hotspots: Global Pandemic". If you continue to think that the Government haven't failed miserably after that then I suggest you need serious help.

8 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Somebody, WBB I think suggested a cabinet of Pinkun posters to run the country, in the light of how this bunch of clowns have done, I truly believe it would be better Herman.

It was @sonyc Daz, I was to be part of the cabinet.

3 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Didn't know you were Scottish Bill.

oddly enough I am

well half, as one parent was from there

though I am never sure which half is which

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

and still people tell us that the useless tu rd that is Johnson, is not to blame

check out his nonsense at 30 sec and 1m 05 sec

even worse 2m 20 sec

59 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

Its the old Peter principal writ large for Johnson and his bunch of dullards

"To rise in the hierarchy through promotion until they reach a level of respective incompetence."

1 minute ago, Bill said:

though I am never sure which half is which

The bottom half I would imagine, that's where the wallet usually is anyway. 😉

16 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Somebody, WBB I think suggested a cabinet of Pinkun posters to run the country, in the light of how this bunch of clowns have done, I truly believe it would be better Herman.

👍👍👍

Baggsy "Minister For Getting Grief From RWNJs For Stating The Bleeding Obvious For Four Years." Although I think there is a large queue for this post.😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

The bottom half I would imagine, that's where the wallet usually is anyway. 😉

many a lassie has made the same mistake

confusing my enthusiasm with having a large roll of notes

This is a very misleading quote this morning. That to me anyway gives people the impression that after 2 - 3 weeks you will be immune. With the Pfizer jab ( I am that one ) the efficacy is estimated to be 52 % after 28 days and with the AstraZeneca jab the efficacy is between 60 and 70 % ( however with the AstraZeneca jab 8 - 12 weeks is the worldwide recommendation as it is believed the efficacy will increase to between 80 and 95 % the one jab thing for this one is Johnson spin ). Please also remember that those 13.5 million in groups 1 to 4 will need a second jab during March and April and that has to be a priority against groups 5 - 8. It’s all possible but because the Pfizer jab has not been tested beyond 28 days we cannot be certain if the efficacy will still be high or possibly if your next dose is still a booster. Underneath the quote I have put the official paper results of the Pfizer phase 3 results. PLEASE PLEASE HOWEVER ENSURE YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW IS OFFERED THE JAB HAVE IT WILL GIVE YOU PROTECTION AND IS LIKELY TO PREVENT SEVERE COVID

He says by mid-February the government's goal is to have offered a vaccine to everybody in the top four most vulnerable groups, and it is "on track" to deliver that.

However, he adds, it still takes two to three weeks for those individuals to get immunity.

The Pfizer and BioNTech covid-19 vaccine may provide some early protection, starting 12 days after the first dose, the peer reviewed results of a phase III trial have found.

The study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine,1 found that vaccine efficacy between the first and second doses was 52% (95% credible interval 29.5% to 68.4%), with 39 cases of covid-19 in the vaccine group and 82 cases in the placebo group.

Oh my gosh. I am so surprised that this government has dished out yet another £100 million contract to a Tory donor. They are definitely not a bunch of ****ing crooked shysters profiteering from a pandemic.... or a bunch of utterly contemptuous c***s. 

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/01/08/new-100-million-deals-school-laptops-awarded-tory-donors-firm/

The poorest kids in society are having their education harmed because this bunch of total bastards can't resist the urge to line their mates' pockets YET AGAIN. We need a revolution, so sick of this ****housing that never gets called out because they control the media. What the **** does anybody see in this government? I understand differing political opinions exist, and I accept that. Much as I hated Cameron and co, they were at least a credible government. Boris' circus is just a neverending loop of bunging cash to their mates and mindblowing stupidity. How the **** are people thick enough to fall for it in such large numbers?

image.png.b00f9a5934e22f0d6f2edf851148cfd3.png

My mate works there. They have a big site in the next door town. Or, when corruption is at your doorstep.🤨

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

Absolutely spot on @SHRIMPER, and as @horsefly has already said if anyone watches that and continues 'to think that the Government haven't failed miserably after that' then they do need serious help, especially as that was just a very short (but effective) editted highligts - if anyone had the time and the inclination to produce an hour long version with a great deal more detail it would deliver exactly the same message but would also highlight that it wasn't just in the earlier stages of the pandemic that our governemnt failed so miserably, 10-11 months on they appear to have learnt nothing from their previous multiple mistakes.

Quite interesting at the end there that Jacinta Ardern said 'we stopped a wave of destruction' because I guess from the NZ point of view that is all there was (likewise China and indeed several other SE Asian countries who've experienced a few subsequent outbreaks but nothing approaching a 'wave)

Of course the UK didn't ever try to stop the first wave and failed miserably to even control it until it threatened to overwhelm the NHS. Even then they have never properly brought it under control in the way that lockdown was intended to do, hence we're now on our third wave and still counting.......

NZ's success is well known and that is probably true of the whole of oceania.  All have had a platinum level response. 

As a learning  point though it would be interesting to know what the likes of Germany and the Netherlands did in phase 1 that we didn't.  NZ's circumstances are far too different to make a real comparison. Germany and Holland though have been comparatively successful so what is that they did differently?  

21 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

NZ's success is well known and that is probably true of the whole of oceania.  All have had a platinum level response. 

As a learning  point though it would be interesting to know what the likes of Germany and the Netherlands did in phase 1 that we didn't.  NZ's circumstances are far too different to make a real comparison. Germany and Holland though have been comparatively successful so what is that they did differently?  

I think we have more in common with NZ than Europe in terms of how we could have handled the crisis.

What we don't have is a Leader like Ardern or a population that was prepared to accept what some said were draconian and ruinous policies.

NZ has had the same economic collapse. But by doing what they did, they shortened the term of the crisis. Their second wave was smaller than the first whereas ours has been larger.

It isn't always fair to compare as what we do is the salient point and it matters little in the long run because the incompetence of our Government and cowardness of our leading health officials was never going to lead to anything other than criminal attitudes and actions.

The limp reaction to punishing those who ignore at best, take the pish at worst, has just encouraged those that break the rules to carry on with no fear of retribution.

Hopefully, the vaccine will be rolled out efficiently, rapidly and positively enough to give us some relief. 

36 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think we have more in common with NZ than Europe in terms of how we could have handled the crisis.

Really, why do you say that?

I would say that we are 1000 times closer to the Netherlands in the important aspects of this than NZ.  Surely Holland is closer to us in seasonality,   population density, proximity to flare ups and international and national mobility than is NZ? Its pretty much as close to us genetically and culturally as is NZ too.

The video is good knock about stuff and great twitter fodder but if we are being forensic surely the critical comparisons are with European nations that did well?  And these are much harder to shrug off than the NZ one.

Worth remembering too that NZ locked down after us....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

Really, why do you say that?

I would say that we are 1000 times closer to the Netherlands in the important aspects of this than NZ.  Surely Holland is closer to us in seasonality,   population density, proximity to flare ups and international and national mobility than is NZ? Its pretty much as close to us genetically and culturally as is NZ too.

The video is good knock about stuff and great twitter fodder but if we are being forensic surely the critical comparisons are with European nations that did well?  And these are much harder to shrug off than the NZ one.

Worth remembering too that NZ locked down after us....

The people and system of government is my main reason. Very similar. I lived there.

Good news in local figures Ricardo, Zoe for Broadland seems to be coming down a little, too early to be significant but fingers crossed we are passing through the peak.

Edited by Van wink

Just now, Van wink said:

Good news in local figures, Zoe for Broadland seems to be coming down a little, too early to be significant but fingers crossed we are passing through the peak.

Breckland dropped for 3 days, back on the up again now 😞

6 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Breckland dropped for 3 days, back on the up again now 😞

Mmm, it’s the overall trend that counts of course but I’m probably grasping at straws atm👍

31 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The people and system of government is my main reason. Very similar. I lived there.

Nah,  New Zealanders are nice 

50 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Good news in local figures Ricardo, Zoe for Broadland seems to be coming down a little, too early to be significant but fingers crossed we are passing through the peak.

The ZOE national  rate of increase has been dropping for several days and soon we will see the total number dropping. Locally we are at or near peak. There has been barely a soul out in Norwich for over ten days. If it isn't dropping by now then lockdown isn't working.

25 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Nah,  New Zealanders are nice 

You are wasting your time if you are talking to anyone who really believes New Zealand can be used as a valid comparison to any European country with regard to Covid.

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You are wasting your time if you are talking to anyone who really believes New Zealand can be used as a valid comparison to any European country with regard to Covid.

You can if you are talking about leadership. They have one we don't. If you think Kiwis are any different to us you are mistaken.

I know you are Tory leaning Ricardo but surely you cannot really try and defend them during this crisis.

Maybe compare us to Japan. An Western democratic island nation, with a large urbanised population. How are they doing?

Head mrw computer GIF - Find on GIFER

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think you’re right Ricardo, but you can compare the way the government reacted. New Zealand strict lockdown and thorough track and trace for any covid case from day one, unlike our clown who went to hospital and shook hands with Covid patients, really sensible!

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think you’re right Ricardo, but you can compare the way the government reacted. New Zealand strict lockdown and thorough track and trace for any covid case from day one, unlike our clown who went to hospital and shook hands with Covid patients, really sensible!

If you want to compare the leadership approach then I see no issue.  Boris has a certain 'style' and its not the one you want when you want the populace to be  serious and a little bit scared.

But leadership style alone is not nearly enough to explain  the differences, not even close.

But if we talked more about differences between us and better comparators then perhaps the (social media) opposition might achieve a bit more than hi-fiving itself and actually convince the moderates

3 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

If you want to compare the leadership approach then I see no issue.  Boris has a certain 'style' and its not the one you want when you want the populace to be  serious and a little bit scared.

But leadership style alone is not nearly enough to explain  the differences, not even close.

But if we talked more about differences between us and better comparators then perhaps the (social media) opposition might achieve a bit more than hi-fiving itself and actually convince the moderates

But that’s the point, there’s no comparison as every country has a different leader, culture and response. So the reality is to just look at England, our leadership the way it’s constantly failed to deliver, PPE, Track & Trace, not responding to the science but to the situation, when those close in government broke the rules they were are backed without recourse and now the vaccine...... if you think we’ve been led by a competent leadership which has done nothing but what was expected then fine, but for me every step of the way he’s been a bumbling buffoon who’s short on balls but big on guff. He’s just another trump who loves the limelight.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

But we don't have to compare anything. We should do the right thing by us.

All I keep reading, especially on here, is how others are doing. 

We have the facilities to have done the right thing. We have a State funded NHS and a State funded Welfare system. We are geographically small and generally people live in a good standard of housing, accessibility whether physically or digitally and have plenty of room for exercise.

But whatever the reason, whether economically or politically inspired, all that was wasted. And despite last Spring, obviously did notdo the right thing to minimise the second wave.

Rotten leadership, unfit ministers and a weak opposition have left us in this mess. 

Just as an example, we had two people in ICU at Cornwalls major hospital and neither of them live here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

But that’s the point, there’s no comparison as every country has a different leader, culture and response. 

That is largely my point.  I wouldnt go as far as to say comparisons have no value and i think we should learn from each other, but the NZ comparison is lazy twitter fodder that is designed only to appeal to the already fully invested in some sort of.pointless self-congratulatory manner.

Above there are two nations mentioned as proof that our government is a failure: Japan and NZ. But if we followed the average of these approaches our policy would not consist of much more than asking nicely, locking down somewhere between a month or so after we did and never, and not carrying out many tests at all.

Fact is out government probably did do many things wrong and should have acted differently on many occasions, and possibly drastically so on some but lazy 'like bait' won't convince the moderates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But we don't have to compare anything. We should do the right thing by us.

I agree. I didn't make a social media video comparing NZ and the UK and use that as proof of ineptitude though.

If we are to make comparisons make them realistic or it just gets the government off the hook.