Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Norfolk and Suffolk then to tier 4 as expected. No more at Carrow Rd. Hope rates level soon then fall.

Trying to get ahead of the curve, which is to be applauded, but if they were serious about it Tier 4 would be applied across the whole country

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Trying to get ahead of the curve, which is to be applauded, but if they were serious about it Tier 4 would be applied across the whole country

I agree VW. I think we will simply see a domino effect. i.e. One area turning a darker colour after another (their heat maps). As there is movement of people then the virus cannot be expected to remain in distinct geographic areas. It would make sense for once to be preventative.

What happens to those already in Norfolk for Xmas break, but live in tier 2 ?

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

What happens to those already in Norfolk for Xmas break, but live in tier 2 ?

It's a one day Xmas Day Bill. No travel expected or desired between tiers.

It is problematic whatever tier you're in. Our son is around for 24 hours only then has to return (on Xmas day)

The point I am making is that there are a fair number already in Norfolk (from elsewhere) before Norfolk was placed in tier 4

How do they now return to a lower tier ?

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

The point I am making is that there are a fair number already in Norfolk (from elsewhere) before Norfolk was placed in tier 4

Lol there are always exceptions, or there are these days anyway.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Go home on Christmas day as we don't go into Tier 4 until then

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

At least you can get rid of the guests nice and early

Did you see the guy on BBC last night when asked what he thought about going into tier 4 he replied ‘ right result the mother in law can’t come round ‘. I was thinking god hope she wasn’t watching lol.

So who from Norfolk will be put forward to represent us in the newly formed Hunger Games  event next year? 

• Haha 1

Festive period normal sees a peak in domestics, maybe the boys in blue will be deployed to different problems this year.

453k tests yesterday

Yesterdays European.

Italy         13318 - 628

France    11795 - 487

Spain      8544 - 260

Germany  22495 - 944  Whoops!

image.png.3092c2da0e2109f69820b41968929769.png

Edited by ricardo

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yesterdays European.

Italy         13318 - 628

France    11795 - 487

Spain      8544 - 260

Germany  22495 - 944  Whoops!

image.png.3092c2da0e2109f69820b41968929769.png

Cases up 61% and deaths up 20% in a week. That must make the R number well over 1.

45 minutes ago, SteveN8458 said:

Go home on Christmas day as we don't go into Tier 4 until then

yep, I can see that happening

the reality is quite a few come up to their 2nd homes way before Xmas and stay sometimes through the New Year

can you see these already here, packing up and dashing home like Cinderella before midnight ?

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Local

very slight uptick here but below national average still.

image.png.947473669e585f0c7da86f7d3837144e.png

any horoscopes as well ?

Cases up 61% and deaths up 20% in a week. That must make the R number well over 1.

454k tests so about 8.5% positives.

the r number is just guesswork, so it has virtually no meaning

the concern is the number of hospital beds required, not the amount who have tested positive

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

454k tests so about 8.5% positives.

meaningless without any indication of the increase in hospitalisations

Just now, Bill said:

any horoscopes as well ?

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

meanwhile winds light to variable👍

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

meaningless without any indication of the increase in hospitalisations

Your wish is my command

image.png.b82a45ecf0d1ad418232e2a93b2e6fd5.pngimage.png.82ffcbee1efbca068697a2e3a6395f7e.png

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

the r number is just guesswork, so it has virtually no meaning

the concern is the number of hospital beds required, not the amount who have tested positive

One leads to another. That's the meaning (for my simple mind). Cases up often translate into more hospitisations. Less numbers and they fall.

that does not alter the fact that the r number is just guesswork, based on a very unscientific and small number

what might be happening in Downham Market might be happening over the border in Cambs yet not in, say Kings Lynn,

however the tier number is not based on evidence of cases, but on geographical boundaries

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

that does not alter the fact that the r number is just guesswork, based on a very unscientific and small number

what might be happening in Downham Market might be happening over the border in Cambs yet not in, say Kings Lynn,

however the tier number is not based on evidence of cases, but on geographical boundaries

Agree on the R number. It is simply an indicator. Whether cases are on the up and by how much. It is indeed meaningless in terms of people and their lives. It is also largely guesswork.

It's an indicator, nothing more. It points to the rate of change.

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

yep, I can see that happening

the reality is quite a few come up to their 2nd homes way before Xmas and stay sometimes through the New Year

can you see these already here, packing up and dashing home like Cinderella before midnight ?

NO.

Just like the people in Tesco earlier in the week who just didn't know what 2mtrs were!

What the trolley santiser was...................

Or those who where their face mask UNDER their nose.

Sorry Bill, not aimed at you, just that there are twats everywhere

4 minutes ago, SteveN8458 said:

NO.

Just like the people in Tesco earlier in the week who just didn't know what 2mtrs were!

What the trolley santiser was...................

Or those who where their face mask UNDER their nose.

Sorry Bill, not aimed at you, just that there are twats everywhere

that having been my point since way back

numpties on here bleating about masks without the slightest idea of the effect they may or may not have

watch how many sanitise their hands before entering a shop, or keep 6 foot apart......virtually no one

how many pubs are packed when they think they can 'get away with it', likewise how many will be ignoring the rules up here because their 2nd home is set well back from the road

usually the same selfish c***s who will be clearing the shelves because they have the time and money to do so, they have the big car to travel across tiers to do the above as well

and yes it was Bill who started the chant of 'shame on you' at a woman who had a trolley full of loo rolls - it turned out ok as the supervisor told her that would not sell her that many, she shoved the trolley at the sup, and called me a few choice names Bill 1- 0 bigot

... meanwhile in my tier 2 tory bubble of Harrogate, cases are at the lowest they've been since August!

Covid Zoe puts our case estimate at 242 active cases and we have a population of around 160k. On the official stats, our rate is hovering around 90 per hundred k reported in the week, 306 of the 312 areas with Thurrock leading the way with 1300 per hundred k reported in the week.

Just got to keep you mutants out now 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

A bit like some recent remoaner polls then.......

7 hours ago, Well b back said:

There ain’t none left to invest. 

Ah, so that means that the EU would say, if we'd stayed ," oh you have no money, we understand, forget this year's 20 billion membership fee" .   🙃