Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

I have to have a covid test on Wed in preperation to go into the Colney centre for treatment starting Sat. If it comes back pos I cannot go in. How long they will keep me out is anyones guess. Until a test comes back neg I suppose.

1 hour ago, SHRIMPER said:

I have to have a covid test on Wed in preperation to go into the Colney centre for treatment starting Sat. If it comes back pos I cannot go in. How long they will keep me out is anyones guess. Until a test comes back neg I suppose.

Of course, but the likelihood is it will come back negative so dont frett. Good luck btw.

Good luck with the treatment. I think if your test is positive, you have another. If that is positive you wait 14 days.

• Like 1

Best of luck with the Colney centre treatment, they do great work there.  They've kept me  going for the past eleven years.👍

If you are having Chemo, best wishes.

• Like 2

On 26/11/2020 at 15:35, CANARYKING said:

Clarify please

Having a “ substantial “ meal in the pub is restricted to your family ?

is a bacon roll/ sandwich substantial?

Good luck and wishes @SHRIMPER by the way.👍

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

A boiled egg will then count as a substantial meal.😀

Only if served to you by a waiter or waitress on a bed of cress😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Best of luck with the Colney centre treatment, they do great work there.  They've kept me  going for the past eleven years.👍

If you are having Chemo, best wishes.

Thanks for that ricardo. I have been a guest at the Colney many times it now seems like a second home. Travelling from Lynn every day can be trying but worth it in the end if things pan out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

Thanks for that ricardo. I have been a guest at the Colney many times it now seems like a second home. Travelling from Lynn every day can be trying but worth it in the end if things pan out.

Hope all goes ok Shrimper. Best of luck.

• Like 1

The Times leads on a "secret dossier" on the damage on the economy from Covid-19. The paper says dozens of sectors are rated "red" and are facing significant job cuts and revenue losses. It says that up to 70 Tory MPs are planning to revolt against the tier system.

18 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

Good luck pal!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

The Times leads on a "secret dossier" on the damage on the economy from Covid-19. The paper says dozens of sectors are rated "red" and are facing significant job cuts and revenue losses. It says that up to 70 Tory MPs are planning to revolt against the tier system.

Well I never. Labour will abstain anyway.

After all they are world beating, oven ready scotch eggs.

A response to this article:

https://unherd.com/2020/12/is-christmas-dinner-worth-dying-for/

Lord Sumption put it succinctly. "The purpose of life is not the avoidance of death".

There is no evidence at all of the author's claim that it "kills", in his implied sense of "...unusual numbers of people". Most people don't even notice infection by this latest strain of now endemic coronavirus. Of those who do, 99.7% survive. Of those who don't survive, the majority have already survived beyond the average human life span. Which is why the current excess mortality rate is what we observe in any so-called "hard" flu year.

The consequence of reaching the end of the natural human life span is–by definition–death, from an extended list of causes ranging from SAR-CoV-2 to falling over. Condemning granny during one of her last Christmases on the planet to lonely isolation from the people whom she loves and who love her is not going to alter this most non-negotiable fact about the human condition. And, for what it's worth, it's repugnant.

The claim that we are "formally declar[ing] that older people’s lives are less worth saving than those of the young" is absurd. In fact, by inexplicably switching medical resource from morbidity affecting the young to morbidity affecting those who have reached the end of the natural human life span, we have formally declared precisely the opposite. Relative to the 5 year average, the cumulative number of excess deaths in 2020 of people aged >85 has plateaued. The excess number of people aged 15-45 dying of non-COVID morbidity began rising in May, and is now firmly established on a rising trend. This is, in a precise sense, a death cult.

So to answer the question "how many human deaths are you happy to accept?" About the usual number. Which is to say - the current number.

Be a good chap and pass the sherry. Granny is enjoying Christmas Dinner, and wants a top up.

Governments have invested far too much in the Lockdown theory to accept this data. I fully expect this to be rubbished or hushed up but in years to come the truth will come out in time, it always does.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

603 ! Weekend catch up ? Still a high figure

Yes, Tuesday or Wednesday is usually the big one and cover a lot of backdating. That is why it is best to look at the graph  for actual day of death.

Its all become an enormous mess. And I shudder to think what will happen on the 16th.

I expect politicians to obfuscate and bend the truth for many matters and I probably don't expect them to take much if any blame.

But if they expect us to behave as they wish, they really do have to come clean. Especially regarding the vaccine.

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its all become an enormous mess. And I shudder to think what will happen on the 16th.

I expect politicians to obfuscate and bend the truth for many matters and I probably don't expect them to take much if any blame.

But if they expect us to behave as they wish, they really do have to come clean. Especially regarding the vaccine.

Vaccine is getting further away by the day, going to be Easter if we’re lucky

33 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Vaccine is getting further away by the day, going to be Easter if we’re lucky

Zahawi is the new vaccine 'tsar'....don't you have confidence he will sort it?😐

More seriously, I think we will have very good news later this week and a possible rolling out from next week, reading all kinds of sources (see the Sarah thread).

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Zahawi is the new vaccine 'tsar'....don't you have confidence he will sort it?😐

More seriously, I think we will have very good news later this week and a possible rolling out from next week, reading all kinds of sources (see the Sarah thread).

As long as Grayling isn't involved😖

On 28/11/2020 at 11:09, Well b back said:

Fact-checked by: Science Feedback

2020/11/06 | United States

FALSE: Former scientific advisor to Pfizer Michael Yeadon claims that “the pandemic is fundamentally over in the U.K.,” and, “we now know loads of people had prior immunity” to COVID-19

Explanation: Between September and early November 2020, there was a spike in the number of daily new confirmed COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in the U.K, and this trend will likely persist for some time. Hence the claim that “the pandemic is fundamentally over in the U.K.” is false. 

this trend will likely persist for some time. - Well that's an opinion, which means the fact check fails.

I'm not sure why people bother with fact-checking sites as they are all set up to "prove" one side of the argument or the other. Better to link to the source data than rely on a website to do the thinking for you.

8 hours ago, ricardo said:

Governments have invested far too much in the Lockdown theory to accept this data. I fully expect this to be rubbished or hushed up but in years to come the truth will come out in time, it always does.

I have only watched the first 23 minutes of the video but it confirms pretty much what I have been saying all this time.

The first claim I made is that It makes very little difference when we first went into lockdown. Back in March most posters were ranting that we should have locked down at least a week earlier. As this demonstrates, when you drill down into the detail of the available data, we discover we are actually still in the first wave of covid, not the second. What we are now experiencing is the virus spreading through those areas that the virus missed in the springtime. In other words, the virus will eventually find you out, it can wait until the seasonal conditions are right but it will come to you. Locking down those who will 99.7% of the time not die from this virus is a massive mistake.

The second claim I made is that all restrictions should have been completely lifted during the summer months when the virus had retreated and no one was dying. Had we done this, we could have reopened hospitals and unlocked doctor's surgeries so that there never would have been excess deaths in non-covid cases. By continuing project fear, not only did we shutdown health services in the country but we made people fearful to use what limited services there were available.

We have been truly duped. Not just in the UK, but around the globe countries have fallen for the biggest con job in history.