Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

The only thing I partially agree with is the death numbers being reported, it’s noticeable that anyone who might pass wit( underlying issues is lumped into the 28 day with Covid figures, that I don’t like as it hides true figures.

The rest is all very laughable, although I don’t agree with the government’s tier system being lumped as they have been into each county and this rule of six should have been indoors or outdoors with sensible precautions, as being this rigid will have an adverse effect and there will be more people this time who are lockdown out will break the rules.

But it’s so important that people take responsibility and if they do have people round keep your distance, use hygiene products to minimise transfer and whipe down surfaces. Not that I condone breaking the rules but they will this month!

good job that the vaccines are starting to look like being rolled out soon and those vulnerable might get first part vaccines pre Christmas.

55 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What expertise do you have to qualify someone as an expert?

From his response, I don’t think he actually read your question, KG. Unless we’ve been having a disagreement with the Former Chief Scientific Advisor of Pfizer of course...

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

The only thing I partially agree with is the death numbers being reported, it’s noticeable that anyone who might pass wit( underlying issues is lumped into the 28 day with Covid figures, that I don’t like as it hides true figures.

The rest is all very laughable, although I don’t agree with the government’s tier system being lumped as they have been into each county and this rule of six should have been indoors or outdoors with sensible precautions, as being this rigid will have an adverse effect and there will be more people this time who are lockdown out will break the rules.

But it’s so important that people take responsibility and if they do have people round keep your distance, use hygiene products to minimise transfer and whipe down surfaces. Not that I condone breaking the rules but they will this month!

good job that the vaccines are starting to look like being rolled out soon and those vulnerable might get first part vaccines pre Christmas.

I have to agree that there are a lot of slightly strange and sometimes baffling rulings in place at the moment, as well intentioned as it maybe. And the whole thing where you can only have a pint served with a substantial meal, as pubs now have to operate as restaurants or not open at all - pubs will soon figure out how to blag that one, if they haven’t already! I can see us back under lockdown just after Christmas, otherwise it’ll be interesting to see how they handle New Years Eve.

16 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

From his response, I don’t think he actually read your question, KG. Unless we’ve been having a disagreement with the Former Chief Scientific Advisor of Pfizer of course...

I did wonder if his expertise stretched to understanding my post

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

8th / 9th / 10th of December regards vaccines if today’s reports are to be believed. 

54 minutes ago, Herman said:

Oh for God's sake.

Why can’t they just leave it to the NHS and military, it’s not that theNHS have never done anything like it before. 

• Like 1

Just now, Well b back said:

Why can’t they just leave it to the NHS and military, it’s not that theNHS have never done anything like it before. 

Jobs for the elite, no doubt comes with a few million £ to use up!

19 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Germany struggling to live up to their excellent response in the first wave

They have a bit more dry tinder than the others thanks to doing well in March / April. Tis the season for respiratory illnesses as the weather gets colder.

Noticeable how the southern hemisphere countries are slowing down now that they are approaching their summer.

30 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Germany struggling to live up to their excellent response in the first wave

Now, where is T when you need him😉

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

They are now having the same problems with track and trace as everyone else once the numbers become too big.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

They are now having the same problems with track and trace as everyone else once the numbers become too big.

They have secured 300m vaccine doses from various sources and expect to roll out mid December. 

All eyes now for us (over 80 expected to be amongst first from 7th to 10th December). Hope we hear the final hurdle is jumped via the regulators this week.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

image.png.6a134387f7749ee247dfae3739b33189.png

All indicators heading downwards.

Still not where we are Ricardo. It is like we are going against the national trend grrrrrrrr. Risen again today but about level on where we were a month ago.

27 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Perhaps attending the same rehab clinic often frequented by our face changing friend 😉

47 minutes ago, sonyc said:

They have secured 300m vaccine doses from various sources and expect to roll out mid December. 

All eyes now for us (over 80 expected to be amongst first from 7th to 10th December). Hope we hear the final hurdle is jumped via the regulators this week.

That will be good news if it happens. I think I will be in the third group but possibly the second depending upon what Ive seen so far.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

That will be good news if it happens. I think I will be in the third group but possibly the second depending upon what Ive seen so far.

Aye, you may get sorted well and good before the new year I expect. 

This year has been one long wait (very few will have my levels of impatience if you can believe that) and it seems the solution is just round the corner (let's hope it coincides with our injury list being resolved too).

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think you will be second group.

The new list apparently has the 2 million extremely vulnerable first, but that maybe because Pfizer gets approved before or at the same time as Oxford.

Swedish government sidelines epidemiologist who steered country's no lockdown experiment as deaths rise (msn.com)

"The high-profile epidemiologist who led Sweden's no lock-down strategy in the spring appears to be being sidelined by the government after his prediction that greater immunity would mean a lighter second wave proved badly wrong."

"By some counts, we've now got exactly the same level of spread of the virus that we had in the spring, and that's about as clear a refutation of Tegnell's strategy as you could wish for."

Dr Tegnell has always insisted that his Public Health Agency has never pursued a herd immunity strategy, but he repeatedly suggested in the summer that his counterparts in Norway, Finland and Denmark would face a tougher task over the winter because of lower levels of immunity in their populations.

This month, though, the number of deaths in Sweden has again begun to soar above that of its Nordic neighbours, with 630 deaths so far registered as a result of Covid-19. That is about ten times the per capita death rate in Norway -- where just 30 Covid-19 deaths were registered between October 28th and November 25th."

Life in tier 3.

Our son 8 weeks ago somebody in his college class tests positive, isolate for 2 weeks, comes out of isolation goes back to college 2 days later somebody tests positive back in isolation. 3 days into that he gets symptoms test and all in isolation. Out of isolation last Monday. In college Thursday and Friday. Teacher gets symptoms Saturday tests pos today. Back in isolation for 2 weeks. 
Keep it out of Norfolk the best you can. 
At least being in tier 3 we believe he can test his way out after a week.

Unless something goes wrong there are reports from around the world that U.K. will approve Pfizer early this week ( followed by Oxford-AstraZeneca shortly after ), with vaccination to begin 7/12 with the clinically vulnerable shielders now likely to be first on the revised list, followed by over 80’s. 

• Like 1

Latest Imperial stats

"Coronavirus infections in England fell by almost a third during lockdown, a study has suggested - with the nation’s R rate suggesting the outbreak is receding.

One in every 80 people in the nation was carrying the virus on 2 November, before the UK entered its second round of nationwide restrictions, according to the React-1 study from Imperial College Londonand Ipsos Mori.

However in its latest round of testing, the study put the figure closer to one in every 100 people – with 0.96 per cent of people believed to be infected, a decline of 30 per cent in the space of a fortnight.

The study sees the university partner with the polling firm to test 105,000 volunteers, whether or not they have displayed symptoms, to offer a snapshot of the population as a whole

On a regional level, infections fell by more than a half in the North West and North East, as well as Yorkshire and the Humber."

• Thanks 2