Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

700 people don't die falling down the stairs in a day. That's the big bloody difference.

Out of likes, Herman - but perfect response to a silly comparison 👍

7 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Back to reality.

Vaccines won't have any real bite on the the numbers until say April.

The Christmas relaxations coupled with idiotic people will no doubt lead to a very a large and deadly spike later in January and another full on even harder lockdown to get through to Spring. 

Is this Christmas binge worth it ? 

Drink wine and be merry and buy lots of presents...but don't hug Yellow Fever!

12 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

But they do of cancers, every day of every year. So I’ll ask again, if world governments are so concerned about our health and well being then where is the hundreds of billions of pounds that’s been thrown at this to find cures and prevention of a far bigger killer?

Billions is being spent trying to find a cure for cancer. But it’s not contagious, is it?! 🤦🏻‍♂️

As cancer isn’t contagious, for now it’s out of our grasp - but at least with Covid we can at least do the best we can for mankind, though that won’t apply to yourself because you hung yourself a little while ago when you yourself made it crystal clear without any dispute that it’s all about the welfare of yourself and NOT other people. Staggering how many beyond selfish people we have in this country, it really is, and you only have to read these anti - vaxxer pr1cks on Twitter to see they too only think about themselves. The advent of Covid-19 has been a real eye opener in that respect. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

It’s ok, depending on age and health you’re still in the 90% area. 👍

Ha ha, not the brightest comment - remember you were responding to my post after you yourself rumbled it was all about YOUR health and no one else’s, as was suspected from the start as this is typical of your ilk.

I’m delighted YOU have a 90% chance given your age and health though, that’s great news - shame about the elderly relatives in the high risk category though, eh? Who in their right mind gives a sho1te about anyone else after all?

Edited by Alex Moss

29 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Out of likes, Herman - but perfect response to a silly comparison 👍

Yes so silly. Imagine thinking that if such money and urgency had been placed globally for a cure for cancer what could have been achieved. Instead cancer research U.K. relies on charity and has less funding than premier league clubs annual spend. Covid U.K. bill this year £400 billion. Again 2020 where cancer is “silly” as it’s not covid. You’re an idiot mate...

Edited by Teemu’s right foot

3 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Yes so silly. Imagine thinking that if such money and urgency had been placed globally for a cure for cancer what could have been achieved. Again 2020 where cancer is “silly” as it’s not covid. You’re an idiot mate...

So basically, you want a cure for cancer but not Covid? Personally I don’t think either is a laughing matter. There is no point trying to talk to me about silly because I certainly wouldn’t accept that from you - the fact that you would happily risk killing someone because the chances of you yourself dying from little old Covid says it all about yourself and the rest of the mindless selfish Farage folk. There are literally no words for someone who has no concerns for people’s lives other just their own.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Herman said:

700 people don't die falling down the stairs in a day. That's the big bloody difference.

Argh but if they had Covid and fell down the stairs and died it would be registered as a Covid! 😂

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Yes so silly. Imagine thinking that if such money and urgency had been placed globally for a cure for cancer what could have been achieved. Again 2020 where cancer is “silly” as it’s not covid. You’re an idiot mate...

I answered your question but you chose to ignore my answer. It’s called MRNA technology and billions have been spent on it.

It is estimated by WHO that this pandemic could have been stopped for £265 million ( estimated ) by working with China to stop their trade in wild animals such as snakes and bats.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Oxford saw this coming and commenced developing a vaccine 3 years ago. It would have been ready but shock horror when they asked for £100 million no one was interested other than private funders that yesterday we were being told were money grabbers.

53 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Back to reality.

The Christmas relaxations coupled with idiotic people will no doubt lead to a very a large and deadly spike later in January and another full on even harder lockdown to get through to Spring. 

And now to add to my post about not hugging, we shouldn't play board games either. Probably not...in answer to your last question

17 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

So basically, you want a cure for cancer but not Covid? Personally I don’t think either is a laughing matter. There is no point trying to talk to me about silly because I certainly wouldn’t accept that from you - the fact that you would happily risk killing someone because the chances of you yourself dying from little old Covid says it all about yourself and the rest of the mindless selfish Farage folk. There are literally no words for someone who has no concerns for people’s lives other just their own.

No I want a cure for both and if globally there is literally trillions available for covid then where has a fraction of that funding been for cancer? But as you said cancer is “silly” and yesterday’s news, it’s all about covid...

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

Argh but if they had Covid and fell down the stairs and died it would be registered as a Covid! 😂

Ironically yes I imagine it would be. Deaths of all causes within a 28 day positive test

56 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Back to reality.

Disagree YF, if the vulnerable start to get vaccinated in December I expect the hospital intake numbers (which is what this is about) to start falling by January. 

17 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I answered your question but you chose to ignore my answer. It’s called MRNA technology and billions have been spent on it.

It is estimated by WHO that this pandemic could have been stopped for £265 million ( estimated ) by working with China to stop their trade in wild animals such as snakes and bats.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Oxford saw this coming and commenced developing a vaccine 3 years ago. It would have been ready but shock horror when they asked for £100 million no one was interested other than private funders that yesterday we were being told were money grabbers.

Apologies didn’t see it. I’d like to know but not sure if it’s possible to find out  how much the U.K has ever spent on cancer research though. I’d wager it’s considerably less than the £400 billion bill for this year. Just imagine what we could have achieved globally with the same urgency and even 10% of the funding this has received. The question has to be why don’t we ever do it? 

15 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Disagree YF, if the vulnerable start to get vaccinated in December I expect the hospital intake numbers (which is what this is about) to start falling by January. 

They are already falling and are down by 8.3% over the last 7 days.

22 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Its a numbers game but two doses 3 weeks apart. I doubt many of even the most vulnerable will be fully immunised by Christmas. Perhaps by January after the holiday ?

49 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Ffs. “Happily risk killing someone” by hugging them! Get a grip Alex for your own sanity. One day you will have to go back out into the big wide world, this frame of mind isn’t going to be beneficial for your chances of intergrating 

36 minutes ago, sonyc said:

And now to add to my post about not hugging, we shouldn't play board games either. Probably not...in answer to your last question

Surly playing cards should also be discouraged 

Research into a cure for cancer has been going on for as long as I can remember. We still don't have one. And there is more than one cancer.

Science knew there was a vaccine for Covid but the time to develop it was the problem. 

So the money that has been spent is not in any way all on developing a vaccine.

Its about propping up the economy.

The comparison between Cancer and Covid is yet another red herring by those wishing to ignore a killer virus. A virus that exists concurrently as every other disease.

I published an anecdote on another thread but it is worth repeating here.

Two doctors were discussing Covid

"What is the prognosis for Covid?" asked one.

" I don't know" said the other "I'm not a journalist"

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Surly playing cards should also be discouraged 

Aye, good call.....but Charades could be achieved through proper social distancing protocols?

Maybe Xmas can be saved?

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

They are already falling and are down by 8.3% over the last 7 days.

11 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Its a numbers game but two doses 3 weeks apart. I doubt many of even the most vulnerable will be fully immunised by Christmas. Perhaps by January after the holiday ?

I get that they are falling now, but I think that we need that security of the vaccination of the elderly to give us that more comfortable feeling.

I genuinely think that by around mid-January we will all feel a lot more comfortable about it. Once the vulnerable are being vaccinated the hospital admissions should rapidly fall. It is clear that it is going to be a major exercise to get it sorted but,  just my opinion, I  am confident.  

39 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

But as you said cancer is “silly” and yesterday’s news, it’s all about covid...

We already knew you were full of bullshoite, but care to show me where I made the statement ‘cancer is silly’?

I will of course be waiting a very long time indeed because you’ve got yourself so hung up by your tiny boll0x that you’re now having to resort to completely made up disingenuous quotes to back yourself out of your hole 🤦🏻‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

I get that they are falling now, but I think that we need that security of the vaccination of the elderly to give us that more comfortable feeling.

I genuinely think that by around mid-January we will all feel a lot more comfortable about it. Once the vulnerable are being vaccinated the hospital admissions should rapidly fall. It is clear that it is going to be a major exercise to get it sorted but,  just my opinion, I  am confident.  

I'm hoping for January too for the most vulnerable Mark. Yetr at least in Tier 3 as @Well b back mentioned in a previous post, people may be able to access community (targeted?) testing that will give some transitional comfort (about ourselves and  potential risk to others). Just have to hope that for all the good words, it is deliverable!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I'm hoping for January too for the most vulnerable Mark. Yetr at least in Tier 3 as @Well b back mentioned in a previous post, people may be able to access community (targeted?) testing that will give some transitional comfort (about ourselves and  potential risk to others). Just have to hope that for all the good words, it is deliverable!

Yes I am hoping for community testing, will make a hugely difficult decision so much easier.

Who would be stupid enough to get a PCR test if you are asymptotic in the UK. You can’t even book a test ( unless you lie ) if you do not have symptoms. He refers to the Oxford / City College paper, which I put on here the last time you brought this up ( bizarrely you were telling us Liverpool testing was rubbish ). I suppose he is right it says if you are asymptotic it only picks up 76.8% of positives. When you have symptoms it is 95%+ accurate. When I put this paper up you said ‘ why should we believe the Oxford data ‘ when they said the test was 99.62% accurate. You are now saying we must read this. Why is it true now but wasn’t when I shew you how accurate tests were, in fact you called me a ‘ tool ‘ for believing the report. You even said you wouldn’t get a lateral flow test and was quite rude when I suggested they were 99.62% accurate.

This is the same guy who had posts taken down because he doctored a Danish published paper on masks.

At least try to remember what you have previously posted.

• Thanks 2

This is where utter stupidity gets you.

The irony of the Herman Cain account being used on this shouldn't be lost either.

• Thanks 1

Interesting story about smokers in France not catching the virus so easily.
.. Maybe the tar leaves a protective layer in the lungs after all?"
More likely that strangers give at least 2m between themselves and secondhand smoke !

The world has lost its mind 🤡🤡🤡 I await the warning of pulling a cracker...

sage televised news announcement today on recommendation to who should hold the remote control on Xmas day. Could cause domestic arguments this one...