Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Cornwall Tier 1. KG will be off down the pub next week😁🍺

I'll have one for you mate. Guinness OK?

Very few pubs you would want to frequent in Redruth though. Because most have shut over the years, the hoot toots end up in the decent ones.

Golf club is the best for me and cheaper than pubs.

Tell the pubs in Norwich to order in a load of pasties and you have a substantial meal.

Good luck in the ballot for seats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagster said:

Those of you that think that this is about a terrible pandemic will have to eventually face the reality that it is not, to be fair you already know it's not.

This is an opportunity, that is all.

Vaccinations, biometric digital ID's, the end of the fiat currency, central bank digital currency, UBI and the dawning of new digital economy.

We are becoming China 2.0 

You can fret all you like about cases and deaths that have been exaggerated.

These are just old people with underlying conditions that are dying, that's tragic but normal.

Imperial college London, the BBC, the WHO , the guardian and many many more , all get funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, a philanthropist with a unique ability of giving away things that give benefits to........oh yes the Bill and Melinda gates Foundation. Doubled their wealth since creation...wow!

Meet Bill Gates, watch it , you might learn something.

Plans for a new central bank digital currency are already underway, this will replace cash within 10 years 

759D5839-5E62-4026-B16B-03AE1ED823CE.jpeg

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

The UK's figures are the total deaths reported that day ( many occurred in previous days and even weeks ago), not the actual day of death.

You need to look at the graph for the actual date of death.

It was the cases that I was referring to Ricardo, I think you posted the graph from Tuesday.

Yesterday's UK total was 18,213 

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

I wasn't wrong.

You edited the original post after the announcement on the tier systems was made, Ricky - very smart 😉

1 hour ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Thanks, that's interesting.  This is from the front page, there's a lot here that I agree with :

“We only have one planet and we know that climate change could be the next global disaster with even more dramatic consequences for humankind. We have to decarbonize the economy in the short window still remaining and bring our thinking and behaviour once more into harmony with nature,” said Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum.

“In order to secure our future and to prosper, we need to evolve our economic model and put people and planet at the heart of global value creation. If there is one critical lesson to learn from this crisis, it is that we need to put nature at the heart of how we operate. We simply can’t waste more time,” said HRH The Prince of Wales.

“The Great Reset is a welcome recognition that this human tragedy must be a wake-up call. We must build more equal, inclusive and sustainable economies and societies that are more resilient in the face of pandemics, climate change and the many other global changes we face,” said António Guterres, Secretary-General, United Nations, New York.

“A Great Reset is necessary to build a new social contract that honours the dignity of every human being,” added Schwab “The global health crisis has laid bare the unsustainability of our old system in terms of social cohesion, the lack of equal opportunities and inclusiveness. Nor can we turn our backs on the evils of racism and discrimination. We need to build into this new social contract our intergenerational responsibility to ensure that we live up to the expectations of young people.”

“COVID-19 has accelerated our transition into the age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. We have to make sure that the new technologies in the digital, biological and physical world remain human-centred and serve society as a whole, providing everyone with fair access,” he said.

“This global pandemic has also demonstrated again how interconnected we are. We have to restore a functioning system of smart global cooperation structured to address the challenges of the next 50 years. The Great Reset will require us to integrate all stakeholders of global society into a community of common interest, purpose and action,” said Schwab. “We need a change of mindset, moving from short-term to long-term thinking, moving from shareholder capitalism to stakeholder responsibility. Environmental, social and good governance have to be a measured part of corporate and governmental accountability,” he added.

• Like 1

Clarify please

Having a “ substantial “ meal in the pub is restricted to your family ?

is a bacon roll/ sandwich substantial?

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'll have one for you mate. Guinness OK?

Very few pubs you would want to frequent in Redruth though. Because most have shut over the years, the hoot toots end up in the decent ones.

Golf club is the best for me and cheaper than pubs.

Tell the pubs in Norwich to order in a load of pasties and you have a substantial meal.

Good luck in the ballot for seats

Ive already been to a match (Preston) so I'm at the back of the queue until everyone else has had a chance.

11 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Clarify please

The ones I make are.😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Ive already been to a match (Preston) so I'm at the back of the queue until everyone else has had a chance.

2,000 season ticket holders per game would make it about 11 games to give every one of them a game. 😀

28 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Clarify please

If you have chips and a side salad. 

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Blimey, the season will just about be over. Still you could get back to the front by the time we win the title.

image.thumb.png.9aef1c9d6d69055f461819a76b1ccc9e.png

Over 350k tests so positives now running at 2%

image.thumb.png.e8e823b003756cd25647e442ca9e8561.png

U.K. beginning to look past peak now.

Yesterdays European.

Italy         25833 - 722

France    16821 - 381

Spain     8506 - 389

Germany  20825 - 416

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Edited by ricardo

48 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Blimey, the season will just about be over. Still you could get back to the front by the time we win the title.

Not everyone will feel comfortable going and we could see Tier 1 soon. I fully expect to be at CR again before the season ends.

26 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Top trolling and fear mongering again from sage

Why is that scaremongering ? I have had 2 relatives die how about you. I guess you have no elderly relatives ? 

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Why is that scaremongering ? I have had 2 relatives die how about you. I guess you have no elderly relatives ? 

I’d rather leave that decision down to the elderly relative on if they want to feel that love and affection whilst they still can than have that decision taken away from them, but each to their own. As for the comment of “don’t hug them If you want them to survive” it’s blatant fear mongering, this virus is not an automatic death sentence, even if they were to catch it the odds are still very much in the surviving favour 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

I’d rather leave that decision down to the elderly relative on if they want to feel that love and affection whilst they still can than have that decision taken away from them, but each to their own. As for the comment of “don’t hug them If you want them to survive” it’s blatant fear mongering, this virus is not an automatic death sentence, even if they were to catch it the odds are still very much in the surviving favour 

Each to their own. 

Let’s have some feel good this morning. Every cloud as they say. As some maybe aware the U.K. are to open 2 diagnostic testing centres which the government promised would carry on after Covid, but be able to diagnose cancers from blood tests in hours and days rather than weeks and months saving many lives. Here are the first planned trials.

In addition we also have MRNA vaccines to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55094301

12 hours ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Top trolling and fear mongering again from sage

Not at all, Chris Whitty at the press conference was *ASKED* the rather dumb question should we hug our elderly relatives at Christmas. What did the country expect him to say? ‘Yeah, go for it!’, which would have undermined everything. He’s not stupid, he knows this will happen a lot especially over Christmas, but when put forward with the question, he’s hardly going to encourage it is he?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Not at all, Chris Whitty at the press conference was *ASKED* the rather dumb question should we hug our elderly relatives at Christmas. What did the country expect him to say? ‘Yeah, go for it!’, which would have undermined everything. He’s not stupid, he knows this will happen a lot especially over Christmas, but when put forward with the question, he’s hardly going to encourage it is he?

Indeed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

There’s a big difference between what you’ve said and replying along the lines of “not if you want them to survive” which is blatantly over the top and a ridiculous reply

And to add to that, it was The Mirror, surprise surprise, that were responsible for the ‘top trolling and fear mongering’ with their inflammatory headline. They didn’t have to seize on that, they could have said ‘CMO/CMA advises not to hug the vulnerable at Christmas’.

Still, they’ve got nothing on that odious frog faced gonad Farage who is using his Twitter to encourage a mutiny which is nothing short of deliberately divisive and inflammatory, solely designed to benefit his own political agenda.He is the English equivalent of Trump and needs putting in jail.

• Like 1