Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

What’s your guess for Tier number ?

Depends upon the criteria they use but although central Norwich is low in national terms it is still higher than before lockdown was declared. I would hazzard a guess that Tiers 1 and 2 are both about even money. It's a toss up at the moment.

image.thumb.png.7f38af0c604128eb4e3d4cef51b3cf86.png

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

You do realise that it wasn't as strict a lockdown as the first one? 

Nowhere near what it should have been but some benefits being seen in the national figures. In areas like Norfolk it doesn’t take much to send the figures up from a very low baseline. 

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

You do realise that it wasn't as strict a lockdown as the first one? 

I expect someone went round coughing through peoples letter boxes.

19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I expect someone went round coughing through peoples letter boxes.

The lucky ones just got a fart with their post.😉

• Haha 1

Norwich rates look like they've gone up ...but nowhere near the 300 / 100,000 figure that has been muted for tier 3 (currently around 150). Unless the rates go up alarmingly in the next week, it could even be tier 1 for you folk. That will mean 4000 lucky people will get to see our beloved club.

Edit: expecting being put into tier 3 here. It's an area of comparative deprivation and this appears the most important variable reading the reports on the Covid programme last night.

Edited by sonyc

Ivor has done a video on the mad professor

Are you ready for the unremovable bracelet

This bloke is absolutely nuts! Surely you people can't be alright with this.

Here Bagster. Some lady used Magna Carta to back up her legal case after breaking covid laws. She is now on £17k worth of fines. 

The new important rule being, don't make life choices based on videos or memes you've seen on fakebook. 

On 23/11/2020 at 06:57, Herman said:

If the papers are to be believed the government are going to to do what's popular rather than what is right about Christmas. 

Easiest guess going. 😐

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Here Bagster. Some lady used Magna Carta to back up her legal case after breaking covid laws. She is now on £17k worth of fines. 

The new important rule being, don't make life choices based on videos or memes you've seen on fakebook. 

One, I do not break covid laws, I just do not agree with them.

The death statistics are all that matters in regards to Sweden as they are facts without prejudice or political pressure. There are 300 additional deaths over a 5 year average , hardly the Spanish flu is it.

Before covid19, we had a way of dealing with pandemics, the procedures which came from the WHO were exactly what Sweden enacted. We behaved like China, in fact my biggest fear is that we are becoming more and more like China everyday. Restrictions of freedoms both speech and movement. An incredible amount of surveillance that seems to grow day by day. Now if you add on to that a central bank digital currency where the central banks will have complete control over your bank accounts maybe you will start to understand that I fear my children's future reality.

We have a democracy that is fundamentally broken, you vote for two sides of the same coin. There is no winning and losing, there is just doing as the big corporations want.

I don't do Facebook or Twitter

My life choices are sometimes interrupted by poor global governance and too much centralisation.

This is the second time in 12 years that I've lost my business through zero fault of my own.

I am getting more and more concerned that the super rich are now beginning to openly take control. For example Bill Gates has become a global health Czar even though he openly admits that his vaccination programs are designed to reduce the global population, I watched him on video calmly stating that we need to vaccinate the whole world from covid and up to 250k could die from the vaccination!!! he is also now getting involved in education , identification ID2020 and GM crops.

It's not just one foundation ie the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, there are a growing number.

If you start adding all this up and looking into the future, it does not look great for democracy.

We are basically being run by a global oligarchy, that has its own press, it has the power to end any government it so chooses. 

More and more you see this.

Rules and restrictions for thee but not for me.

I don't believe covid is terrible crisis, I believe it's a fantastic opportunity that the global elite have grabbed with both hands.

I wish you people would look beyond the terrible ( owned) mainstream media and look at something other than this very mild pandemic, again NOT MY WORDS but the words of the WHO

1 hour ago, Bagster said:

The death statistics are all that matters in regards to Sweden as they are facts without prejudice or political pressure. There are 300 additional deaths over a 5 year average , hardly the Spanish flu is it.

Before covid19, we had a way of dealing with pandemics, the procedures which came from the WHO were exactly what Sweden enacted. We behaved like China, in fact my biggest fear is that we are becoming more and more like China everyday. Restrictions of freedoms both speech and movement. An incredible amount of surveillance that seems to grow day by day. Now if you add on to that a central bank digital currency where the central banks will have complete control over your bank accounts maybe you will start to understand that I fear my children's future reality.

We have a democracy that is fundamentally broken, you vote for two sides of the same coin. There is no winning and losing, there is just doing as the big corporations want.

My life choices are sometimes interrupted by poor global governance and too much centralisation.

This is the second time in 12 years that I've lost my business through zero fault of my own.

I am getting more and more concerned that the super rich are now beginning to openly take control. For example Bill Gates has become a global health Czar even though he openly admits that his vaccination programs are designed to reduce the global population, I watched him on video calmly stating that we need to vaccinate the whole world from covid and up to 250k could die from the vaccination!!! he is also now getting involved in education , identification ID2020 and GM crops.

It's not just one foundation ie the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, there are a growing number.

If you start adding all this up and looking into the future, it does not look great for democracy.

We are basically being run by a global oligarchy, that has its own press, it has the power to end any government it so chooses. 

I don't believe covid is terrible crisis, I believe it's a fantastic opportunity that the global elite have grabbed with both hands.

I wish you people would look beyond the terrible ( owned) mainstream media and look at something other than this very mild pandemic, again NOT MY WORDS but the words of the WHO

Just perfectly summed up 👏👏👏

Viva La Revaluation! Stop the world I want to get off!

Like you my business is going to die in the next year or two as new oil & gas projects are going to get shelved! New world means we have to adapt, those who own the wealth now are the 21st century kings and queens, it’s no different to a hundred years ago, two hundred years ago or even further! Wealth is always control and power. I’m not sure how you propose to change that? Not that I don’t disagree with you, but I’m a realist, nothing really matters, We all will die! The more you can’t accept your life, then how can you make things positive for yourself to live the best and most enjoyable you can! Treat others with respect you don’t know what they might be facing in their life! But don’t worry about things we can’t do anything about but do the little things you can change!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Blimey Bagster , that'll teach me. What a load of old conspiracy ****. 🤨

"We all will die! The more you can’t accept your life, then how can you make things positive for yourself to live the best and most enjoyable you can! Treat others with respect you don’t know what they might be facing in their life! But don’t worry about things we can’t do anything about but do the little things you can change!"

@Indy I hereby give you the 'Post of the Year" title (unofficial)

Saying that masks did not work was a Trump ploy as he couldn’t get any. There were others that followed. The advice changed within weeks when the supplies were available. Only Trump only half changed his advice, that went well.

I put on a video fact checking Cummins, have a look at it. He clearly got it wrong. See the Sweden model fact checked. He said it was finished, there could be no second waves, but not only was there, in some places there are 3rd waves.

More likely Bill Gates said without vaccination 250,000 would die. If you have the link feel free to put it up, I saw him on US news the other day. What he has done for some African States is amazing. When he sent condoms for AIDS they were told and believed he had sent them to poison them. 

Cornwall cases dropped by a third this week. Trouble is we will be linked to the South West which includes Plymouth and Devons cases.

Tier 2 is the likely outcome. Thats fair enough. I like Christmas as a social time and the Boxing day rugby match but if we can't have it, then it will be nothing worse than disappointing, hardly risking our health.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2020 at 11:23, keelansgrandad said:

Cornwall cases dropped by a third this week. Trouble is we will be linked to the South West which includes Plymouth and Devons cases.

Tier 2 is the likely outcome. Thats fair enough. I like Christmas as a social time and the Boxing day rugby match but if we can't have it, then it will be nothing worse than disappointing, hardly risking our health.

Looking at the latest figures and the feeling that the new Tiers will be more strict, I am now of the firm opinion that Norwich will be TIER 2.

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by ricardo

1 hour ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Typical tories. I thought they were supposed to be the party of business. 😉

On excess deaths, according to the Economist, Sweden suffered 5,891 excess deaths from March to 6th October (so before the 2nd wave properly hit them).  Compared to Norway which suffered 247.  Adjusted for population size, Sweden suffered 62 excess deaths per hundred thousand, compared to just 3 per hundred thousand in Norway over that period. 

Sweden has basically introduced a level of restrictions (not a full lockdown) and stuck with them over the summer, helped by the fact that they have a low population density and a high level of social distancing in their lifestyle before Covid, many people living alone for example.  But there's no doubt their approach has cost lives compared to neighbouring countries.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

image.thumb.png.e012d3cefdc00556797a743775c04ab2.png

We are now seeing the peak in deaths here and across Europe by the look of things.

image.thumb.png.628018db4868d1c460a441df4c07cb81.png

Yesterdays European.

Italy         23233 - 853

France    9155 - 592

Spain     7221 - 537

Germany  16258 - 382

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Yesterday's ??

8 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Yesterday's ??

Because today's are usually not updated until much later, especially Germany.

1 hour ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Evidently not

So isn't it bonkers to think the Govt could be doing this deliberately ?

We can debate the decisions that have been made - timings on lockdowns, setup of tract & trace over the summer etc.  But I don't think you can seriously suggest the Govt has been doing anything except trying to do its best to navigate an unprecedented crisis.

We've already had over 60,000 deaths despite huge efforts to contain the virus, and even with a vaccine finally in the offing there will still be many more until the disease is truly under control.  The original prediction of 500,000 deaths if nothing was done looks to me pretty realistic as a there or thereabouts number..