Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

No spread by fomites!?

Why have I been cleaning everything delivered to the house for so long?!

I would still be careful but, the research I have read in the past suggests that virus dna can be found on fomites but not necessary viable virus.

7 hours ago, Well b back said:

Teemu 

If you feel Covid doesn’t exist you should move to the North. So far we have lost 2 relatives and we are about to go into tier 3 to protect the South from getting the tsunami.

With the greatest of respect when it gets to where you live you will realise that Covid does exist.

I appreciate everyone has their own views but convincing people Covid does not exist is not helpful.

It’s a thread and graph about covid that’s been posted by somebody that has far more knowledge on the subject than anyone on this thread. It isnt saying covid doesn’t exist is it, it’s showing the situation as of this week. 

Edited by Teemu’s right foot

6 hours ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

A thread and graph to show that Weekly deaths and respiratory deaths are at a normal level for the time of year

This tweet is completely misleading. Last year (and every relevant year before that) we did not have an entire population practising social distancing and shielding methods. This has dramatically reduced the number of respiratory diseases that would normally be passed between people if these suppressing measures were not in place. The fact that death rates are "normal" for the time of year would indicate that without the suppressing measures in place the death rate would be way above "normal".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

This tweet is completely misleading. Last year (and every relevant year before that) we did not have an entire population practising social distancing and shielding methods. This has dramatically reduced the number of respiratory diseases that would normally be passed between people if these suppressing measures were not in place. The fact that death rates are "normal" for the time of year would indicate that without the suppressing measures in place the death rate would be way above "normal".

Perhaps you should take it up with the person that posted it. I’m sure the former Vice President of a giant pharmaceutical company will more than welcome your feedback 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Perhaps you should take it up with the person that posted it. I’m sure the former Vice President of a giant pharmaceutical company will more than welcome your feedback 

I get the feeling he's not interested in the truth. But the facts are the facts, there has been a big decline in many typical respiratory diseases because of the suppressing measures the population have taken since spring. 

32 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I get the feeling he's not interested in the truth. But the facts are the facts, there has been a big decline in many typical respiratory diseases because of the suppressing measures the population have taken since spring. 

So the masks stop flu but not covid!

So Delia saying it's time to open up the football or the smaller clubs will go bust.

Actually think it's already too late for that, enjoy your life hidden away

0.23% overall deaths

0.05% deaths under 70

Good job covicowards

46 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Did the government get this wrong or did the people ignore the government?

I'll give you one guess !

13 minutes ago, Bagster said:

So the masks stop flu but not covid!

so very very dumb! Try researching the epidemiology before you say such foolish things

2 hours ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

It’s a thread and graph about covid that’s been posted by somebody that has far more knowledge on the subject than anyone on this thread. It is saying covid doesn’t exist is it, it’s showing the situation as of this week. 

A man who refused to wear a face covering after believing false conspiracy theories about Covid-19 has said battling the virus was "the worst two weeks" of his life.

Trevor Jones from Bolton, in north west England, said he initially believed others who told him coronavirus was "man flu" or linked to the 5G network, but became gravely ill after testing positive in September.

He received critical care in hospital and said he "lost a stone and a half in 12 days".

He said his experience had changed his perspective on the virus and how seriously it should be taken.

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'll give you one guess !

Just  looked it up.    Isolation on return from Spain requires since 26 July.   This strain first detected in northern Spain in June. 

Government should probably have been more cautious (though at cost clearly) but most infections probably spread by people not isolating as required.

Testing new record today also test capacity now approaching half a million a day

347k  tests

24405 - 274         7days ago 20530       14 days ago  15650

Inpatients  10708    up 400,    since yesterday

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Yesterdays European. 

Italy           26831 - 217 another highest yet     

France      47637 - 235

Spain        23580 - 173     

Germany  18732 - 76 another highest in Germany

45 minutes ago, Well b back said:

A man who refused to wear a face covering after believing false conspiracy theories about Covid-19 has said battling the virus was "the worst two weeks" of his life.

Trevor Jones from Bolton, in north west England, said he initially believed others who told him coronavirus was "man flu" or linked to the 5G network, but became gravely ill after testing positive in September.

He received critical care in hospital and said he "lost a stone and a half in 12 days".

He said his experience had changed his perspective on the virus and how seriously it should be taken.

45 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Nobody is saying it doesn’t exist, again it was a graph and a thread which was an interesting read by a person who is as knowledgeable on the subject as any member of the sage group that is advising the government. He is of the opinion that there are many misdiagnosis within the deaths. There was a story midweek about a youngster in Ireland who died and it went down on the stats as Ireland’s youngest covid death. His family have come out and said that he didn’t die of covid and his name shouldn’t have been used a covid statistic 

Edited by Teemu’s right foot

9 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Nobody is saying it doesn’t exist, again it was a graph and a thread which was an interesting read by a person who is as knowledgeable on the subject as any member of the sage group that is advising the government. He is of the opinion that there is many misdiagnosis within the deaths. There was a story midweek about a youngster in Ireland who died and it went down on the stats as Ireland’s youngest covid death. His family have come out and said that he didn’t die of covid and his name shouldn’t have been used a covid statistic 

Maybe I misread the tweet. 

Govt claims there is a lethal respiratory virus at large, killing 100s per day. It is misdiagnosis.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Maybe I misread the tweet. 

Govt claims there is a lethal respiratory virus at large, killing 100s per day. It is misdiagnosis.

He isn’t questioning the existence of the virus though, is he? Just the statistics surrounding it

27 minutes ago, ricardo said:

ImageImage

Its grim up north.

pretty much on the floor still in our neck of the woods.

Indeed Ricardo.

I have been to the fine County today and it really is a different world and I hope you can keep it like that, but you really must all stay within the guidelines.

When I arrived home I drove to the post office. In that short distance 3 ambulances, blue lights flashing. Cant say certainly for Covid, but I am sure Sonyc will agree it’s invisible but you can feel it and smell it. If the local news is correct by Wednesday just about every area above Coventry will be tier 3 and tier 2 at best. I really do hope it stops it on its March South, but I fear complacency will creep in and that’s when it gets you unaware.

Did you see those flu figures ? So far astonishing and tieing in with China, let’s hope they can carry on that way.

Wheres that bloody vaccine.

20 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Good timing. Have you just seen the current flu deaths ? I posted the link.

Only 2 people being treated in hospitals for flu.

There is no extra occupancy as has already been shown as the hospitals were cleared of all non urgent patients so that our cancer patients and heart patients could be cared for still. Also no flu.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Good timing. Have you just seen the current flu deaths ? I posted the link.

Only 2 people being treated in hospitals for flu.

There is no extra occupancy as has already been shown as the hospitals were cleared of all non urgent patients so that our cancer patients and heart patients could be cared for still. Also no flu.

And you’re not at all suspicious that the flu has suddenly disappeared....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

He isn’t questioning the existence of the virus though, is he? Just the statistics surrounding it

I am confused how is that different.

Misinformation up here in the North has probably contributed to us in the North being virtually locked down. Unfortunately some of your postings are making the problem worse not better

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

And you’re not at all suspicious that the flu has suddenly disappeared....

Lol

I ain’t even answering it.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

I am confused how is that different.

Misinformation up here in the North has probably contributed to us in the North being virtually locked down. Unfortunately some of your postings are making the problem worse not better

My postings? I’m posting the opinions of a person who is as knowledgeable in their field as anyone on that sage board. I don’t doubt the existence of this virus for a second. I am now however questioning if it is now being used for other motives. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed Ricardo.

I have been to the fine County today and it really is a different world and I hope you can keep it like that, but you really must all stay within the guidelines.

When I arrived home I drove to the post office. In that short distance 3 ambulances, blue lights flashing. Cant say certainly for Covid, but I am sure Sonyc will agree it’s invisible but you can feel it and smell it. If the local news is correct by Wednesday just about every area above Coventry will be tier 3 and tier 2 at best. I really do hope it stops it on its March South, but I fear complacency will creep in and that’s when it gets you unaware.

Did you see those flu figures ? So far astonishing and tieing in with China, let’s hope they can carry on that way.

Wheres that bloody vaccine.

This is the type of comment which I said some people have become engulfed with covid. You see 3 ambulances and instantly think covid? As if people didn’t call ambulances before covid arrived then

35 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

My postings? I’m posting the opinions of a person who is as knowledgeable in their field as anyone on that sage board. I don’t doubt the existence of this virus for a second. I am now however questioning if it is now being used for other motives. 

Trouble is you are ducking debating the problems with the positions he’s making and are retreating into saying he’s as  “knowledgeable in their field as anyone on the sage board” (so he says - what are his qualifications?) but if you’re just blindly relying on someone else’s opinion, why not rely on the opinions of the people who have been appointed to guide the country because of their experience in the area i.e. the actual sage board. Basically you’re saying the sage board are all in on some bizarre conspiracy and you’d rather rely on some random guy from Twitter who claims he’s an expert and ignore the obvious holes in his arguments.

• Thanks 1