Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Corbyn suspended !!!!

Just announced on the news, well done for getting there before bbc lol

As always the pinkun message board keeps up its excellent record of reporting things before the press.

Just now, Van wink said:

Steptoe suspended

Whoops, very surprising. This will cause a big split in the party.

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Corbyn suspended !!!!

Good work, should have been done a long time ago

Edited by Van wink

Just now, Van wink said:

Good work

Quite so. My faith in politicians has restored maybe 20% more. He did say trust his actions. Party will split now of course yet this is decisive and shows proper leadership.

Pity Cummings wasn't treated the same.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Will be poor if so. He stated his actions should speak for him, not his words. No action will be missing the whole nub of the issue.

As for the professor chap, yes I know. I will watch if his 7 day average slows. Worrying signs though at the moment but depends if they translate into something very concerning or not.

This is us mere mortals problem. With a lot of the stats I will push them one way you stay in the middle, Ricardo will push us the other way and then come the conspirators that go off the scale. 

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Quite so. My faith in politicians has restored maybe 20% more. He did say trust his actions. Party will split now of course yet this is decisive and shows proper leadership.

It’s his Kinnock moment, hope he avoids the high tides. 
As for Cummings, absolutely.

Edited by Van wink

Just now, Van wink said:

It’s his Kinnock moment, hope he avoids the high tides.

The tide was out whe I walked along East Runton beach yesterday, a bit rainy though😉☂️

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

By the neck preferably.

Presumably the poster formerly known as Bill will be along to call out such unPC language and explain why he continues to give JC his full support, or at least hold his legs up.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The tide was out whe I walked along East Runton beach yesterday, a bit rainy though😉☂️

Yep and not much room in West Runton car park now they are working in the field.

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

As per my earlier point - This will play very well for Starmer (he will treat Corbyn fairly) and you're already making the awkard comparison to the govt.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

As per my earlier point - This will play very well for Starmer (he will treat Corbyn fairly) 

Does that mean a trial before they hang him😁

7 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

As per my earlier point - This will play very well for Starmer (he will treat Corbyn fairly) and you're already making the awkard comparison to the govt.

Yes it is a stark comparison on action, moral leadership I suppose might be a fair way of describing it. Yet, I don't think anything the Conservative government has done has persuaded many of its supporters to change allegiance. Same as Trump, quite a few people will be voting to re-elect. It's quite incredible. And a tad dispiriting. 

As stated I have a little more trust in politicians thanks to Starmer. It could, could persuade me to think of voting for him depending on what happens ahead in the next 4 years. I am more of a green voter but if there is a real chance of an opposition to this current shower it could sway me. 

Edited by sonyc

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Does that mean a trial before they hang him😁

Is that Johnson ? This is the populist Tory party after all - a hanging party....

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Is that Johnson ? This is the populist Tory party after all - a hanging party....

Perhaps now a look at islamophohia that was promised during the Tory leadership debate? Or will this issue manage to stay in the background?

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Perhaps now a look at islamophohia that was promised during the Tory leadership debate? Or will this issue manage to stay in the background?

This is exactly how this will eventually play out much nearer the next election. I suspect the Tories are feeling quite uncomfortable at present. Keep their heads down.

No ruffling here. Enjoyed listening to that. Ireland a bit like Norfolk though in terms of rurality? Good perspective though.

Chimes with articles I've read about the effect of lockdowns (minimal or negative). Have restrictions helped though in levelling off?

"Other impacts" is another important point he makes (and I have to state I spent 25 years supporting people with depression and anxiety directly so no need to convince me of the importance of this agenda)

Overall......I don't know! 

13 minutes ago, sonyc said:

No ruffling here. Enjoyed listening to that. Ireland a bit like Norfolk though in terms of rurality? Good perspective though.

Chimes with articles I've read about the effect of lockdowns (minimal or negative). Have restrictions helped though in levelling off?

"Other impacts" is another important point he makes (and I have to state I spent 25 years supporting people with depression and anxiety directly so no need to convince me of the importance of this agenda)

Overall......I don't know! 

Time will tell

Nice one Ricardo, if at least the Goverment didn’t learn much at least most of us on here have and we now discuss rather slate.

Again a good listen and have to say yesterday I was certain we would not move to a National lockdown, today I feel we are. Our neighbours in Birmingham have just been told to prepare for tier 3, best guess ( and it is only a guess ) anything North of Coventry in England will be in tier 3 within 2 weeks, however I have no idea if some measures will work and others will come out. Here’s is my take, up here it is a tsunami and I think down South you are a bit like England to France 2 weeks behind. 
Now this is where we probably differ, I see it up here all over the place, in Norfolk you probably wonder what all this fuss is about. In Norfolk you will say we haven’t got it so we don’t need restrictions, here I will say please do not allow this to take hold and ravage your area.

This will become political as well, believe me when I say Boris has lost the North and following on from that he isn’t going to risk losing the South. I think I am now like Sonyc whereas I can now see the for and against ( even if I lean slightly to my side ) but because of that I have no idea what he will do next, let alone what is best. 

More non sensational stuff from the horses mouth from prof Tim Spencer of the ZOE app.

Edited by ricardo
  • Thanks 2

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/coronavirus-futile-and-immoral-to-seek-herd-immunity-says-sweden-s-chief-epidemiologist/ar-BB1avFtO?ocid=msedgntp

It is futile and immoral to seek herd immunity as a protection from a pandemic, and the transmission of an infectious disease like Covid-19 cannot be fully halted without a vaccine, Sweden's chief epidemiologist Anders Tegnell has said.

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/coronavirus-futile-and-immoral-to-seek-herd-immunity-says-sweden-s-chief-epidemiologist/ar-BB1avFtO?ocid=msedgntp

It is futile and immoral to seek herd immunity as a protection from a pandemic, and the transmission of an infectious disease like Covid-19 cannot be fully halted without a vaccine, Sweden's chief epidemiologist Anders Tegnell has said.

You don't need to seek it. Thanks to continued exposure a level of immunity will be occurring naturally and as with every other virus in history it will eventually reach a low level. Even a vaccine won't irradicate it entirely, it will become just another hazzard that the human race will learn to live with.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ricardo said:

More non sensational stuff from the horses mouth from prof Tim Spencer of the ZOE app.

Thanks for this Ricky, I have more time for this guy than any of the other experts, including those on SAGE. Was this posted by him today, if not when👍

27 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Thanks for this Ricky, I have more time for this guy than any of the other experts, including those on SAGE. Was this posted by him today, if not when👍

Yes, posted this afternoon.

Just now, ricardo said:

Yes, posted this afternoon.

Thanks, I think we all should get a lift from that in the context of in an otherwise depressing day ( apart from the lynching of course ). 😉

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Thanks, I think we all should get a lift from that in the context of in an otherwise depressing day ( apart from the lynching of course ). 😉

Unfortunately the economic forecast from the IMF is not so encouraging. UK to shrink by 10.4% this year but recover 5.7% in 2021. Not great news for all of us but probably what we expected.