Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Considering a large portion of the covid response has been outsourced you may need to rethink your response buh. 

I’m messing around, it’s all s4ite, public and private 

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Maybe.....but don’t let that stop you or others using it.

Downloaded my friend. Now the privacy flaws are rejected I can't see why I wouldn't play my part.

• Like 1

Big drop in numbers today (245k tests 2.4% positives) lowest in four days

6042 - 34

Inpatients  1727 up 111 

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Yesterdays European.

Italy   1912 - 20

France 15797 - 150

Spain  4122 - 114

Germany  2361 - 11

France, huge numbers again. Spain big drop, must be something to do with reporting.

Edited by ricardo

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Plenty of cheap modern phones about. Mine is over four years old and it works ok.

Why would I go out and get another phone Ricardo? Why doesn't the app cover ALL phones.

Mrs KG's phone has one now as we changed her browser.

Its just another stumble in the dark.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why would I go out and get another phone Ricardo? Why doesn't the app cover ALL phones.

Has anyone made an app that works on every phone? Is it even possible?

If not, we may as well complain that no one has perfected a flux capacitor for the de lorean

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Anything Android 6 and after. That should take you back to a 2015 phone.

I doubt it is possible to get a system that works on every operating system. I think they have gone for the best compromise which will suit most phones.

Rally in Trafalgar Sq. being told to disperse for breaking lockdown rules.

Edited by Herman

22 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

If not, we may as well complain that no one has perfected a flux capacitor for the de lorean

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I doubt it is possible to get a system that works on every operating system. I think they have gone for the best compromise which will suit most phones.

I have sympathy with the government here especially as use of the app is non mandatory - you can't support every make / model and type of phone - Windows Phones and so on on. You have to go for the mainstream.

Same as Windows 7 let alone XP, 95, NT and so on on (In the basement I have a rogues gallery padlocked of old machines running various operating systems back to MS DOS on the off chance I need to (re) run or support very old customers or applications! Simpler to update the h/w s/w usually.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ricardo said:

That sounds like a voice of reason

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

6042 - 34

Inpatients  1727 up 111 

Yesterdays European.

Italy   1912 - 20

France 15797 - 150

Spain  4122 - 114

Germany  2361 - 11

France, huge numbers again. Spain big drop, must be something to do with reporting.

Wait till Tuesday 

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

You are mixing fiction with reality. I think I have a very reasonable complaint.

Apparently, the popular messaging apps work on all phones.

13 minutes ago, Van wink said:

So our Tesco stripped of bog roll. Must be a localised dysentery outbreak.

I noticed M n S was fairly quiet this morning. The scare tactics seem to be working.

11 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I noticed M n S was fairly quiet this morning. The scare tactics seem to be working.

More about their stuff not being hip Ricky.

54 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You are mixing fiction with reality. I think I have a very reasonable complaint.

Apparently, the popular messaging apps work on all phones.

I think you ask an important question. It seems logical that the app is made available on the widest basis, which obviously means the maximum number of systems.  And there is an additional point that you did not raise in that it is generally society's elders and most vulnerable that miss out  by not having the latest tech

But I dont think a question can be turned into a criticism unless there is good reason to think it could (has) been done better.

If, say, Germany had an all singing app that was proved to be suppressing infection then the criticism should begin...

10 minutes ago, Van wink said:

More about their stuff not being hip Ricky.

Lovely Toad in the Hole😉

10 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

If, say, Germany had an all singing app that was proved to be suppressing infection then the criticism should begin...

The truth is, that nobody has.

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Lovely Toad in the Hole😉

Indeed, always had a soft spot for their underwear 😀

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The truth is, that nobody has.

The German one gives you a massage and if you are a really good boy............say no more.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

The German one gives you a massage and if you are a really good boy............say no more.

Well that’s all well and good but at my age they would need to send out the track and trace team first!

32 minutes ago, Herman said:

Do they give you a big German sausage?

Germany's comparative success is explained by everyone staying at home and enjoying a top rated massaging app.

I knew there would be a happy ending to this story.

Just seen some of the protesters at Trafalgar Square. Scarey.

Do not adjust your television, we have taken control. I was expecting to see a bald headed bloke holding a white cat orchestrating it.

9 hours ago, ricardo said:

6042 - 34

Inpatients  1727 up 111 

Yesterdays European.

Italy   1912 - 20

France 15797 - 150

Spain  4122 - 114

Germany  2361 - 11

Weekend figures are always a bit lower aren't they? I'm sure I saw an explanation for this, some confirmed cases at weekends aren't reported until Tuesday due to procedures in some health trusts or something.

On 25/09/2020 at 09:48, Yellow Fever said:

He's been given a lot of credit for his furlough scheme to-date but it was alway going to make you popular giving away lots of public money with few caveats - many enjoying a 6 month staycation in good weather. No losers.

I don't disagree with your broad point, which is relating to Sunak's popularity.

But quite a few of the people I knew on furlough were actually sitting around in a state of anxiety, because furlough is effectively redundancy notice and none of them knew if they'd ever get a return date.

I also know a couple who were lapping it up of course, but I'd choose working full-time over having short term worries about my job in this economic environment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't disagree with your broad point, which is relating to Sunak's popularity.

But quite a few of the people I knew on furlough were actually sitting around in a state of anxiety, because furlough is effectively redundancy notice and none of them knew if they'd ever get a return date.

I also know a couple who were lapping it up of course, but I'd choose working full-time over having short term worries about my job in this economic environment.

Yes - the majority I think have returned since furlough but there are one or two million quite possibly looking at redundancy especially in retail and leisure / travel industries. I have sympathy with them. It doesn't however negate the 6 months paid holiday for many (the majority) who simply took advantage of it. It was reasonably obvious when working in the city centre the number of people wandering around clearly at leisure 'on holiday' during the working week.