Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Its obviously a measure designed to provide a transition and little more, supported by the unions and CBI, to try and tide employers over the winter. He has been clear too that he expects more redundancies and unemployment. Its a difficult balance to achieve any kind of perfect solution - the government clearly doesn't want to support 'non' jobs. 

He will face a challenge ahead, any chancellor would. Add to this the fall out from Brexit.  

Yes agree with this - what I'm really saying is that Sunak's popularity or 'he's done well'  is a little false and likely to take a tumble as he gets blamed for 'bad' news as opposed only 'good' news.

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

Yes agree with this - what I'm really saying is that Sunak's popularity or 'he's done well'  is a little false and likely to take a tumble as he gets blamed for 'bad' news as opposed only 'good' news.

I just made a quick edit to my post - he may have been a little late if I am being critical (though that criticism has to be qualified because you cannot simply make macro decisions without plugging in loads of numbers)

21 hours ago, Van wink said:

Over 16000 today

image.thumb.png.bb0e35e93943578ec764eb5cb39f4508.png

Number in the Broadland on the up.Still relatively low compared to some.image.thumb.png.208871d19c2913706c3f8851b02ea87e.png

R around 1.4, number of infections in NW have tripled in a week.

“The latest prevalence figures estimate that 147,498 people currently have symptomatic COVID in the UK, this figure has more than doubled since last week (69,686), for the second week in a row. This figure does not include long term COVID sufferers. Worryingly, in the North West, numbers have tripled in the last seven days from 12,544 to 36,316 estimated cases. In the North East and Yorkshire numbers have more than doubled from 12,916 to 27,731. This doubling of cases is also seen in London where cases have gone from 9,291 to 18,200 a significant jump in numbers. A full regional breakdown can be found here.”

very slight increase today (231)     ( 245k tests 2.8% positives)

Latest UK Numbers 

6874 - 34

Inpatients  1616 up 147 since Wednesday (for context in England alone there were over 16.8k in April)

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Yesterdays European.

Italy   1786 - 23

France 16096 - 52

Spain  10653 - 84

Germany  2140 - 11

Massive positives in France and Spain but no corresponding increase in fatalities.

Edited by ricardo

32 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Latest UK Numbers 

6874 - 34

Inpatients  1616 up 147 since Wednesday (for context there were over 16k in April)

Yesterdays European.

Italy   1786 - 23

France 16096 - 52

Spain  10653 - 84

Germany  2140 - 11

Massive positives in France and Spain but no corresponding increase in fatalities.

Those hospitalisation figures are very worrying. It is not far from being a 10% increase (I'm guessing c.8%) and matches what is happening in France ...in a week they've seen a 34% increase (inpatients) and 40% in intensive care. They are gearing up for saturation of their health service and cancelling other operations. We tend to be a few weeks behind don't we? Really concerning.

Edited by sonyc

45 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Latest UK Numbers 

6874 - 34

Inpatients  1616 up 147 since Wednesday (for context in England alone there were over 16.8k in April)

Yesterdays European.

Italy   1786 - 23

France 16096 - 52

Spain  10653 - 84

Germany  2140 - 11

ICU’s in some Spanish City’s filling up with CV19 patients sadly, hopefully clinical treatment has improved since a few months ago.

image.thumb.png.437322708624e8dd04d7d8eb753c8f9b.png

Edited by Van wink

I see Piers Corbyn was at the anti mask demonstration at the Forum yesterday.

He's a rummun😀

No sign of Billy though.

Edited by ricardo

38 minutes ago, ricardo said:

He's a rummun😀

No sign of Billy though.

And you didn't take the opportunity to use the old poisoned umbrella on Piers? I'm disappointed.

And now you've got a brass Alan Partridge at the Forum.

47 minutes ago, ricardo said:

He's a rummun😀

No sign of Billy though.

😲

https://www.norfolk.police.uk/news/latest-news/police-issue-ps10000-fine-after-illegal-gathering

A woman involved in an illegal gathering in Norwich yesterday (Thursday 24 September 2020) has been given a £10,000 fixed penalty notice.

It follows a gathering on the Haymarket which started just after midday and involved more than 80 people.

There are always going to be issues with such a massive program and there will be thousands of people who will be able to tweet about them, thing is for most of us this is going to help in the fight so don’t let things like this put you off. 

Just now, Van wink said:

There are always going to be issues with such a massive program and there will be thousands of people who will be able to tweet about them, thing is for most of us this is going to help in the fight so don’t let things like this put you off. 

Not really, this is a massive design flaw not a minor bug.

The government have already scrapped the original app because it was unworkable

The new one, that every other country were using, is incompatible to the privitised testing network that Johnson/Cummings cronies set up.

This is months later than required and a factor in the current wave.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Agreed something is better than nothing but it isn't inspiring confidence.

This has been a monumental crisis and I had no wish to criticise the Government. Politics plays no part. All pull together as a nation.

But having failed badly with the last app, I am so disappointed not to be able to be a part of the solution. Its incompetence. There are going to be idiots out there with the ability to download the app who will never and yet I really want to and cannot.

Given that rates are up right across Europe I would say that the capacity of an app to play a major role in infection control is more limited than a lot of people think/hope.

Success or failure will not be determined by the smartphone.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Given that rates are up right across Europe I would say that the capacity of an app to play a major role in infection control is more limited than a lot of people think/hope.

Success or failure will not be determined by the smartphone.

Its going to assist and we are going to need all the help we can get.

43 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Not really, this is a massive design flaw not a minor bug.

The government have already scrapped the original app because it was unworkable

The new one, that every other country were using, is incompatible to the privitised testing network that Johnson/Cummings cronies set up.

This is months later than required and a factor in the current wave.

Maybe.....but don’t let that stop you or others using it.

31 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

This has been a monumental crisis and I had no wish to criticise the Government. Politics plays no part. All pull together as a nation.

But having failed badly with the last app, I am so disappointed not to be able to be a part of the solution. Its incompetence. There are going to be idiots out there with the ability to download the app who will never and yet I really want to and cannot.

It’s very disappointing KG, again!!

On 25/09/2020 at 13:43, Van wink said:

Number in the Broadland on the up.Still relatively low compared to some.image.thumb.png.208871d19c2913706c3f8851b02ea87e.png

image.thumb.png.fa1d9b8017b0ef09cf9a8fad78282e8a.png

Have been very skeptical right from the start about the value of the app, even if it had been designed and implemented properly - they've now had two very long developments and only managed one complete failure and one partial failure - progress of a sort I suppose and perhaps they'll be third time lucky!

I would also be reluctant in the extreme to let this malign government add any more of my personal information to that which they already hold.

Having said all that there is no denying that there is an argument to say those who have smartphones should download the app, which is why I'm quite glad that I don't have a smartphone and therefore don't have a decision to make.

Just been informed a member of our golf club has tested positive while asymptomatic.

All who played with him have been informed. Course open still but clubhouse closed for 72 hours for a deep clean.

Had the annual flu jab yesterday. Surgery said we had to make an appointment to go to Stithians Showground for a drive through jab.

Instead, I went online and booked an appointment at Boots and had it in the afternoon.

Something isn't right when a retail company are more efficient than your surgery.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Just been informed a member of our golf club has tested positive while asymptomatic.

All who played with him have been informed. Course open still but clubhouse closed for 72 hours for a deep clean.

Had the annual flu jab yesterday. Surgery said we had to make an appointment to go to Stithians Showground for a drive through jab.

Instead, I went online and booked an appointment at Boots and had it in the afternoon.

Something isn't right when a retail company are more efficient than your surgery.

Inefficiency in a public service

??

6FE5E020-524D-4FC0-9A29-C779BB6A328D.gif

Considering a large portion of the covid response has been outsourced you may need to rethink your response buh. 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Plenty of cheap modern phones about. Mine is over four years old and it works ok.