Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

2 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

I think that this is fair enough.   They should be able to justify their actions retrospectively if time or circumstance do not permit soing so at the time.

Yep there does need to be justification when people are having their liberty denied. 

For what its worth just completed a four hour T and T shift and not given a single case!

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

For what its worth just completed a four hour T and T shift and not given a single case!

That could be either good or bad. Hopefully you've not been given any as they had all been

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Yep there does need to be justification when people are having their liberty denied. 

Seems like we are all agreed for once! I see Bill posted, he'll probably have argued that no justification is required just for the fight I suppose.

13 hours ago, Aggy said:

Are they fools though? Look at the stats Ricardo. There has been something like 400 working aged people died in seven months. If you’re under 45 or whatever the stat was, you’re more likely to die in a car crash.

My point here is simple. If the government has clear evidence and logic that it’s not just based on increased infections alone, then show it. 

If increasing restrictions is based purely on number of infections, then you give people the opportunity to think “well, hospital admissions aren’t going up, nor are deaths, I’ve seen no evidence that there is any increased risk to anyone, it’s all down to test increasing, so why should I risk my livelihood by getting tested”. 

If there is logic which shows it isn’t just down to the numbers of tests increasing, then show it, and it then takes that “option” away for most people.

Edit: that should have said in para 2 “not just based on increased infections alone” - updated.

So 40 and under don't die. Does that stop them carrying and infecting others.

Until the whole population realises it is involved in this then the stupid and the selfish will continue to risk others.

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ministers-waste-150m-buying-unusable-masks-from-banker-5v8390xtp

Government giving £225m of tax payers money to a £100 company, owned by an advisor to Conservative MP Liz Truss, for PPE that cannot be used, without due procurement process. I'm trying to think of a word.... Oh yeah, corruption.

Drain the swamp.

Heard Jolyon Maughan on radio discussing this subject and it stinks to high heaven. There are plenty of other cases like this and I am not sure what ideology lies behind this. 

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Some bloke coughed while I was at Overstrand on Monday, perhaps you could chase him up.

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Some bloke coughed while I was at Overstrand on Monday, perhaps you could chase him up.

Did he have a bike ?

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Heard Jolyon Maughan on radio discussing this subject and it stinks to high heaven. There are plenty of other cases like this and I am not sure what ideology lies behind this. 

I've just read his thread on this-apparently he has sued the Government for this contract and ones for Pestfix and Clandeboye-all 3 were to provide PPE for the NHS, none of the PPE has been used by the NHS. Not sure whether these all involved Government advisers.

24 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I've just read his thread on this-apparently he has sued the Government for this contract and ones for Pestfix and Clandeboye-all 3 were to provide PPE for the NHS, none of the PPE has been used by the NHS. Not sure whether these all involved Government advisers.

In slightly more normal times, this contract would be a major scandal. Quite an incredible series of issues and actions. If you were a minister (and a cabinet one at that), wouldn't you strongly push against your advisor taking on such a contract?.... indeed wouldn't you declare an interest from the outset? And the company had no track record in producing of procuring PPE? And it was  worth £252m? It wasn't exactly 'de minimis'.  And there was no tender? Incredible in so many respects and presumably all just signed off under the cover of the pandemic and emergency provisions? This is what it looks like from the outside. Maybe we will get a full explanation.

52 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

One was a Northern Irish sweet producer I think. Don't make much sense. 

8 hours ago, Bill said:

It's hard to imagine what reality there would be for anyone to believe that guff

and it is did not

you need a grammar checker, as well as the spell checker you now use, hand crank

why do you think I was writing in the past tense? I had thought I was writing in the future conditional.   Can you tell me where I have gone wrong please ?

2 hours ago, Herman said:

One was a Northern Irish sweet producer I think. Don't make much sense. 

a smell of humbug there, methinks

I think it is clearly obvious now that CV-19 is on its way back to a neighbourhood near you. Local and then national lockdowns probably inevitable - we've opened up too much already.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

I think it is clearly obvious now that CV-19 is on its way back to a neighbourhood near you. Local and them national lockdowns probably inevitable - we've opened up too much already.

Absolutely agree, I fear North Norfolk is going to see a rise in infections over the next two or three weeks.

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes. I fear our T&T is already proving inadequate to contain existing outbreaks hence its growing.

Yet I had a four hour T and T trace shift today and not one case. It’s frustrating to say the least.

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Yet I had a four hour T and T trace shift today and not one case. It’s frustrating to say the least.

Something seems wrong then. You should be overwhelmed.

Just now, Van wink said:

I have been hearing this in the last couple of days. Some of the stories I heard on radio didn't seem plausible at first, but more and more calls were confirming it wasn't fit for purpose. Loads of volunteers and paid staff sitting around having nothing to do.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

I have been hearing this in the last couple of days. Some of the stories I heard on radio didn't seem plausible at first, but more and more calls were confirming it wasn't fit for purpose. Loads of volunteers and paid staff sitting around having nothing to do.

There have been hardly any shifts available for a while, now some have come along but no referrals. It may be that they freed up more resources than they actually needed, I don’t know, but it’s still frustrating.

I had to visit the cancer clinic at the N&N today for a checkup. When I went in to the clinic wearing my very expensive mask I bought in Japan about 18 months ago I was asked to wear a paper one that they provided. I hope it was not one of the useless batch Truss helped supply.

The Sunday Times claims these could include giving everyone aged between 50 and 70 a personalised risk rating which could lead to more than the 2.2 million people who were already deemed the most vulnerable being told to remain at home.

What next? Means tested if you can afford to stay at home?

11 minutes ago, Van wink said:

There have been hardly any shifts available for a while, now some have come along but no referrals. It may be that they freed up more resources than they actually needed, I don’t know, but it’s still frustrating.

This was one of the first I heard and it sounds a bit depressing. We need to get this sorted or else we are stuck in this crap for a long time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Not Dom again surely 😉 ?

Visited 3 pubs to ensure he was blind drunk.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Visited 3 pubs to ensure he was blind drunk.

Always helpful to be a little hazy where / when and why.

I note the lo al police are taking no further action.

Edited by Yellow Fever
Did he test his driving vision too ?

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

This is because outbreaks are extremely localised. In vast areas of the country Covid wards are essentially empty.

https://imgur.com/piOCsuO

Edited by ricardo