Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

7 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Only 8 hours until first orders

Not too up on UK licensing laws, are you hand crank ?

3 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

In my misspent youth I could do that 

And I have known plenty of people that can keep going a lot longer than I ever could 

Police forces and A & E departments all over the country are going to be bracing themselves 

Fair enough. 11-midnight or equivalent  would probably be my absolute limit!

I wonder if there are pubs that will be open at 6am.  The market pubs are famously early starting so maybe will have a queue forming in a few hours.

2 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Fair enough. 11-midnight or equivalent  would probably be my absolute limit!

I wonder if there are pubs that will be open at 6am.  The market pubs are famously early starting so maybe will have a queue forming in a few hours.

A few pints and a full English around Smithfield at 7am 😃

Edited by Van wink

Then curling one out about 9.30 in Spoonies.

Sorry, I've just remembered an old Mr Chops* post from years ago that made me laugh out loud it was so outrageous. Something about a spacesuit was involved and a Morrisons morning belly buster!

Thought my comment needed referencing 🙂

* Or was it Bor Bor Bor. Where are these folk now?

Edited by sonyc

49 minutes ago, Van wink said:

A few pints and a full English around Smithfield at 7am 😃

a while since you have been this side of the channel hand crank - those days are long gone

2 hours ago, Herman said:

I'm absolutely ****faced. Vote Bojis Ronson. 

It's alright for you, I for up at 5 to go to the pub only to be told I'm designated driver.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bill said:

a while since you have been this side of the channel hand crank - those days are long gone

Wrong on two counts, that’s a record even for you in such a short post😂

Aye, I know Borough Market has very early opening and worth a visit during normal times. 

Not that early though. 

23 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Wrong on two counts, that’s a record even for you in such a short post😂

or in the real world ....... tell us all which pub around Smithfield opened up this morning at 7am

I said pub, not pubs, as most have closed  down long before the virus

there is about three that would be termed 'around Smithfield'

so fire away, I'm sure it will be of interest to us all 😋

“Those days are long gone” 🤣

wrong Billy, so so wrong......but don’t apologise, it’s ok, we understand 😉

backtracking of the highest quality, as always for you 👍

you have already started putting your shoes on with the heal at the toe..... Come on off you go

Edited by Van wink

We've sussed out how to stop the unclean coming into Cornwall. We spilled oil over both lanes of the A30 and the Council are doing roadworks near one of the biggest sites in the County.👩‍🏭😂

9 minutes ago, Van wink said:

“Those days are long gone” 🤣

wrong Billy, so so wrong......but don’t apologise, it’s ok, we understand 😉

backtracking of the highest quality, as always for you 👍

you have already started putting your shoes on with the heal at the toe..... Come on off you go

For those who do know London, those days RTB talks off are long gone

That culture is a thing of the past, in the main - and if RTB had the slightest idea about any of this he would be aware of the

biggest flaw that exposes his lie.....🤭

38 minutes ago, Bill said:

For those who do know London, those days RTB talks off are long gone

That culture is a thing of the past, in the main - and if RTB had the slightest idea about any of this he would be aware of the

biggest flaw that exposes his lie.....🤭

Now now Bill, in your eagerness to follow me around you again got carried away and made a blunder, which you are now trying wriggle out of in your usual way. You quite clearly had thought that pubs didn’t open for an early breakfast and beer around Smithfield anymore, hence your remark “those days are long gone” . You have now done a little bit of research and discovered that you were mistaken and rather than acknowledge that with grace you obfuscate, I will not post on this point again as it’s boring the pants off everyone else. Others are quite welcome to research the point and discover for themselves if it was still possible to get a Smithfield breakfast pre pandemic,  if they have the slightest interest, which I very much doubt.

Bye my old twister👍

Edited by Van wink

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Now now Bill, in your eagerness to follow me around you again got carried away and made a blunder, which you are now trying wriggle our of in your usual way. You quite clearly had thought that pubs didn’t open for an early breakfast and beer around Smithfield anymore, hence your remark “those days are long gone” . You have now done a little bit of research and discovered that you were mistaken and rather than acknowledge that with grace you obfuscate, I will not post on this point again as it’s boring the pants off everyone else. Others are quite welcome to research the point and discover for themselves if it was still possible to get a Smithfield breakfast pre pandemic,  if they have the slightest interest, which I very much doubt.

Bye my old twister👍

But you claimed they could be doing it today, you know July 4th..............which is a Saturday

and given how Smithfield market is closed on Saturday, those pubs are not open - as the nearby City is itself closed

So you see hand crank, RTB, BB or whatever name you happen to be using, had you have had the slightest idea about any of this, not only would you be aware of what few pubs are left in that area, but which of them serve alcohol at 7am

but most importantly they are pretty much all closed on Saturdays and Sundays...... something your looking up on Google failed to tell you

that's why I knew you were lying from the start

and as they might say in those parts ...... 'dun up like a kippa'.... my ole china

So, as the UK government has decided it is ok to visit England without quarantine, I can now visit my family

Unfortunately the Icelandic authorities have decided I will need to test at the airport, quarantine for 4 or 5 days, then test again. If both tests are negative I can be released back into society

Oh well / Jæja

So another case of one rule for you and another for me?  And the US is currently a hotbed of viral spread. 

The Tulsa rally was on the evening of the 20th. The earliest he could have flown back to the UK would have been the 21st. He either got back the evening of the 21st or the morning of the 22nd. Add 14 days for quarantine and its July 06 or July 07 before you can go out and about. 

Farage.jpg

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

So another case of one rule for you and another for me?  And the US is currently a hotbed of viral spread. 

The Tulsa rally was on the evening of the 20th. The earliest he could have flown back to the UK would have been the 21st. He either got back the evening of the 21st or the morning of the 22nd. Add 14 days for quarantine and its July 06 or July 07 before you can go out and about. 

Farage.jpg

I hope that glass is full of line cleaner

Lots of press that the R in London might have crept back up above one.  Not surprising given all the crowds over the last few weeks but still disappointing if true.  Luckily the base is now very low so might not be much spread.

31 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Lots of press that the R in London might have crept back up above one.  Not surprising given all the crowds over the last few weeks but still disappointing if true.  Luckily the base is now very low so might not be much spread.

I suspect there is a significant variation by Borough in London.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

I hope that glass is full of line cleaner

Were you a school prefect by any chance?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Farage.jpg

Hardly anything to brag about. Who else is going to go to the same pub as Farage? With his track record of scrounging a pension from an organisation he wants shut down, they would probably be expected to buy his beer, which is probably a German lager.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I suspect there is a significant variation by Borough in London.

Figures are only given for the whole region.  South-west and London only regions in possible growth (a range is given). South West not much affected at first so largely susceptible but London figures likely reflect recent events

I read Spain has now locked down an area of 200000 people. These kinds of stories are going to abound around the globe it appears. As for the US, there is such disarray and chaos. ...you can see a long, long tail in the outbreak and even though we are in the second half of the year, I can see C19 outbreaks well into 2021. The so-called 'new normal'.

Unless a vaccine arrives. Despite the positive talk, I read nothing to substantiate the hope from our scientists.

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I read Spain has now locked down an area of 200000 people. These kinds of stories are going to abound around the globe it appears. As for the US, there is such disarray and chaos. ...you can see a long, long tail in the outbreak and even though we are in the second half of the year, I can see C19 outbreaks well into 2021. The so-called 'new normal'.

Unless a vaccine arrives. Despite the positive talk, I read nothing to substantiate the hope from our scientists.

I agree with you to an extent.  There is no evidence that on a world wide basis we have yet reached a peak. Even in Europe infections rates in some places are sneaking up (current per capita rates in 🇷🇴 and 🇵🇹   higher than uk). This could come back anywhere at anytime if we give up completely.

However  I have faith that a vaccine is coming soon and that we have learnt better how to treat and prevent this. We are also somewhat protected by prior exposure.  It'll be OK...im sure....

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

Farage.jpg

This is no surprise 

The worrying thing is Nigel Farage lying by claiming he has been back for 2 weeks, when it is demonstrably clear he hasn't. That's politics these days, all sides of it

The good news is that Nigel is unlikely to be bringing covid back to the UK....he couldn't have come into close contact with anyone in that empty arena 😄

6 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

This is no surprise 

The worrying thing is Nigel Farage lying by claiming he has been back for 2 weeks, when it is demonstrably clear he hasn't. That's politics these days, all sides of it

The good news is that Nigel is unlikely to be bringing covid back to the UK....he couldn't have come into close contact with anyone in that empty arena 😄

🙂 Well, checking flights he couldn't have got back until the 22nd. So he is definitely lying. He could have got tested, and probably was tested in Tulsa if he met with Trump. You are right, nobody has come down with Covid19 after the Tulsa event, except for the President's son's girlfriend that is 😞  

Disagree about politics all sides. This continual lying seems to be very one sided to me. 

56 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I agree with you to an extent.  There is no evidence that on a world wide basis we have yet reached a peak. Even in Europe infections rates in some places are sneaking up (current per capita rates in 🇷🇴 and 🇵🇹   higher than uk). This could come back anywhere at anytime if we give up completely.

However  I have faith that a vaccine is coming soon and that we have learnt better how to treat and prevent this. We are also somewhat protected by prior exposure.  It'll be OK...im sure....

I hope your faith materialises.

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

WHO says today new record high for numbers of cases worldwide.