Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

BLM movement is apolitical. 

BLMUK is slightly left and very libertarian. 

Things aren't as simple as left and right. I know this may come as a shock to a lot of you. 

Had another foray into the city today. Mrs R and I were among the ten percent wearing masks. On the way back we decided to walk through Chapel field Park. At the entrance we couldn't  make up our minds whether to turn slightly left or Libiterian so just walked straight through.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

You've confused BLMUK with BLM, the clue is the exra 2 letters. 😀

There is a black lives matter UK website and a black lives matter movement one too (confusing called blacklivesmatteruk). Everyone is able to read them and make their own mind up if they are 'leftist'.

I'm not debating the rights and wrongs of anything the websites say but both do call for (non-violent) revolution, both identify a ruling elite and both point to the impact of class on the debate.  Of course there is much more on these websites besides but I don't think it is controversial to describe such descriptions as being 'in the Marxist tradition'.

I couldn't find much in the way of specific policy demands so it could be argued that there is something in describing both organisations as part of a 'movement' for social and racial justice rather than, for instance, a political party

Edited by Barbe bleu

46 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

none of which has much to do with the virus!

where's handcrank?

I would say this is all tribal, but I would hate to set off the Mail, Express etc howling about how I am not allowed to say that word any more

In fact the Mail ran a story the other day about how the club is being forced to change the name of Tom Trybull

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Had another foray into the city today. Mrs R and I were among the ten percent wearing masks. On the way back we decided to walk through Chapel field Park. At the entrance we couldn't  make up our minds whether to turn slightly left or Libiterian so just walked straight through.

You should always take a slightly left turn 😉

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

You should always take a slightly left turn 😉

Mrs R insists upon the straight and narrow😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I hope you bought MrsR an ice cream 🍦

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Mrs R insists upon the straight and narrow😉

I hope she has kept you away from that naughty PL football on the telly

it's a disgrace.... it shouldn't be allowed ...etc 😋

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

I hope she has kept you away from that naughty PL football on the telly

it's a disgrace.... it shouldn't be allowed ...etc 😋

Last night should have been X rated.

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

What's happened to the air bridges?

I was expecting something to have been announced by now?

Read they're being dropped for a quarantine free agreement with about 75 countries

Boris Johnson: We're going to open the pubs and restaurants on a Saturday.

Boris Johnson this morning: We need people to act responsibly. 

Government announcement this afternoon: Pubs will be allowed to open from 6am. 

🤨

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

What's happened to the air bridges?

I was expecting something to have been announced by now?

Same as all Johnson's bridges; the Garden Bridge, the bridge over the Irish Sea and now the air bridges - all hot air and no bridge 😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Same as all Johnson's bridges; the Garden Bridge, the bridge over the Irish Sea and now the air bridges - all hot air and no bridge 😀

And the biggest of all, he wants to cut off the bridge to Europe.

A few countries on the list that we won't have to quarantine on our return but we will on arrival. This may be another shock, but I don't think they have really thought it through.

"Anyone who flouts social distancing and Covid-secure rules is not only putting us all at risk but letting down those businesses and workers who have done so much to prepare for this new normal."

Boris must have been talking about Pater

So annoying the amount of people that walk around without a mask on in places that you cannot keep distance ie. Supermarkets and shops. I am wearing one to protect everyone else but there's no one returning the favour! 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Van wink said:

That’s a pretty thin report. Hopefully an increase in infectivity will be balance by a less serious clinical outcome🤞

It is a tabloid story only though I did Google mutation this morning and read this:

Is the coronavirus mutating? Yes. Here’s why you don’t need to panic | Science News https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid19-mutations-strains-variants

And you're probably correct in your point 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Herman said:

Boris Johnson: We're going to open the pubs and restaurants on a Saturday.

Boris Johnson this morning: We need people to act responsibly. 

Government announcement this afternoon: Pubs will be allowed to open from 6am. 

🤨

If anyone can go from 6am until the evening rush I vote they get first dibs on a vaccine to reflect the fine contribution they have made to keeping the pub business afloat 

9 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

If anyone can go from 6am until the evening rush I vote they get first dibs on a vaccine to reflect the fine contribution they have made to keeping the pub business afloat 

In my misspent youth I could do that 

And I have known plenty of people that can keep going a lot longer than I ever could 

Police forces and A & E departments all over the country are going to be bracing themselves 

25 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

careful now, RTB has been impersonating you

.....or is it the other way round ?

Hard to keep up these days 😆

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

And the biggest of all, he wants to cut off the bridge to Europe.

Yes indeed, but he appears to be very poorly informed on.......well pretty much everything really so I wonder if he realises that we dug an escape tunnel years ago.  😀

After all, Raab was apparently very hazy where Dover was and what went on there, so it seems entirely plausible that Johnson has never heard of Folkestone 😂

• Like 1