Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

26 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Must  be an uncomfortable feeling hoping for more infections to try and prove a political point, but hey ho.

Don't be Jools. We all want this to end as soon as possible but a laissez-faire attitude by the government is not helping at all. Are we sure they are not still on the herd immunity scam?

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Don't be Jools. We all want this to end as soon as possible but a laissez-faire attitude by the government is not helping at all. Are we sure they are not still on the herd immunity scam?

Hey I’m doing all I can to stop the spread of the virus, to be honest that’s all I’m interested in. I have joined NHS Bank to offer my services, that’s it, the politics for me is irrelevant atm.

33 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Cummings

So in your estimation BLM and Antifa broke the distancing rules because Cummings drove his autistic 4 year-old son to his parents?

Are you sure you want to pursue with that line of thinking? 🤪

On 11/06/2020 at 16:24, Van wink said:

Spent most of today contact tracing, or should I say banging my head against a brick wall!!

How's that going then hand crank - not interfering with your latest claim I hope

"Hey I’m doing all I can to stop the spread of the virus, to be honest that’s all I’m interested in. I have joined NHS Bank to offer my services, that’s it, the politics for me is irrelevant atm. "

but then you did work as a senior NHS manager, or so you claimed

5 hours ago, Jools said:

So in your estimation BLM and Antifa broke the distancing rules because Cummings drove his autistic 4 year-old son to his parents?

Thank you for deliberately missing the point (again). Which is, the people consent to be governed. The Government in turn commits to lawful and just government. When the latter fails to follow the very rules it lays down for the people, the people often tell it to “f off” or things to that effect .... so that is the Boris and Trump problem in a nutshell. Cummings was the catalyst in the UK, denying the virus is even a problem is the catalyst in the US. 

Edited by Surfer

9 hours ago, Bill said:

How's that going then hand crank - not interfering with your latest claim I hope

"Hey I’m doing all I can to stop the spread of the virus, to be honest that’s all I’m interested in. I have joined NHS Bank to offer my services, that’s it, the politics for me is irrelevant atm. "

but then you did work as a senior NHS manager, or so you claimed

Nope Bill they are one in the same. Why does it upset you so much? Are you an underachiever? 🧐

Edited by Van wink

14 hours ago, Van wink said:

Of course there are rules ffs. Undermining them really is irresponsible!!

Have to say I’ve lost track of what the rules currently are. For instance, are we now allowed in to other family members’ homes? Or do we have to stay out in the garden? Is it still only six people in a group at a time? Can the six people be six from anywhere or is it two ‘households’ max? Shops are open(ing?) but I can’t say I’ve heard whether I’m now allowed inside other family members’ homes. There was the debacle about partners staying at each other’s house which added to the confusion. The ‘rules’ have changed so often recently and have not been clear enough imo, that I’ve rather lost track.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jools said:

@Jools - you have spent too long on the fruit loop social media sites, you are using your edge. Antifa - what does that even have to for with anything in the UK. Protests against racism, oh they must be wrong. The Cummings incident broke the compact between ruled and ruling. It was clearly one rule for him, one for everyone else. After that that was less good will behind the sacrifices. Add in Johnson's mixed messaging, laziness and inept management of easing the lockdown and this is what you get. Strangely it seems to be an England problem, rather than a UK one. What does that tell you about the causes.

1 hour ago, Aggy said:

Have to say I’ve lost track of what the rules currently are. For instance, are we now allowed in to other family members’ homes? Or do we have to stay out in the garden? Is it still only six people in a group at a time? Can the six people be six from anywhere or is it two ‘households’ max? Shops are open(ing?) but I can’t say I’ve heard whether I’m now allowed inside other family members’ homes. There was the debacle about partners staying at each other’s house which added to the confusion. The ‘rules’ have changed so often recently and have not been clear enough imo, that I’ve rather lost track.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

Its getting more complex as things are loosened up, they are trying to do it in a controlled way and the measures do have some basis in infection control (if you delve deep enough) but as you say they appear very confusing and not always logical to most people. Ultimately it comes town to people applying common sense.
Over the last week businesses have been scratching their heads desperately trying to find ways to comply with new social distancing guidelines so they can reopen, for me this is still to much too soon, but time will tell.

Edited by Van wink

15 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Conservative mp  Anthony Browne says we should stop being defeatist 

Amongst the reasons he gives for the high death rate in the UK is that we have a housing shortage and many homes are overcrowded  which helps spread the virus. I thought the government has been building hundreds of thousands of homes a year for the past few years? That's what they said they would do

There is a ton of other nonsense in that article in addition 

In fairness  to him, he makes good points about data comparison and the Nightingale hospitals, and hopefully the development of a vaccine 

I cant really argue with anything in that article.  It's been long discussed here but London was always going to be hit hard once the disease set it.  

That's not to say that the article is even handed, it's not and there are omissions but I'm not sure that many can argue with what is said.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

Its getting more complex as things are loosened up, they are trying to do it in a controlled way and the measures do have some basis in infection control (if you delve deep enough) but as you say they appear very confusing and not always logical to most people. Ultimately it comes town to people applying common sense.
Over the last week businesses have been scratching their heads desperately trying to find ways to comply with new social distancing guidelines so they can reopen, for me this is still to much too soon, but time will tell.

I’d not even though to mention the 2m - 1m point mentioned in the article!

My place of work (an office) has set it up so no two people are sat within 2m of each other, no hot desking allowed. Communal kitchens only one person is allowed in at a time. Lifts and entrance lobbies are much like a queue at a supermarket with little lines you have to stand on waiting to move along until you’re allowed in. We are almost all still working from home, but the office set up as it is currently is probably more safe than meeting five mates for a walk. Retail businesses - if food shops can and have been doing it for months, I’m not sure why others can’t. 

Edited by Aggy

4 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

I cant really argue with anything in that article.  It's been long discussed here but London was always going to be hit hard once the disease set it.  

That's not to say that the article is even handed, it's not and there are omissions but I'm not sure that many can argue with what is said.

fair point

I´ve had another read and my comment "a ton of other nonsense" isn´t very accurate

I should have said some of the reasons he gives are embarrassing and were avoidable

8 hours ago, Van wink said:

Nope Bill they are one in the same. Why does it upset you so much? Are you an underachiever? 🧐

"Spent most of today contact tracing, or should I say banging my head against a brick wall!! "

In comparison to your numerous claims then I suspect we all pale into the shadows

So perhaps you could enlighten us as to how this track and trace system works

How you get the contacts, how you are required to contact, how the info is fed back etc.......

It will be a fascinating read for us all, I have no doubt

ps no rush, you might want to check google first to.... sort of.... err, refresh your memory 😊

Edited by Bill

Global report: cases worldwide near 10m as US again sees record daily rise

Alison Rourke 

Alison Rourke

“Global coronavirus cases are expected to tip over 10 million on Sunday, marking a major milestone in the spread of the disease that has so far killed almost 500,000 people in seven months.

The figure is roughly double the number of severe influenza illnesses recorded annually, according to the World HealthOrganisation.

The milestone approaches as many hard-hit countries are easing lockdowns, while making extensive alterations to work and social life that could last for a year or more until a vaccine becomes available, if it ever does.”

Its been said many times that the second wave, and maybe the third and fourth, will be as a result of the scale of the pandemic spread throughout the world. The numbers and extent are such that it’s almost impossible for nations to insulate themselves. My fear continues that we will be hit by a second wave that will come from within, new infection numbers maybe stable but are not dropping, as you would want to see before we open up more. There really does need to be much more reinforcement of the danger we face, much more publicity of local outbreaks that are occurring to remind people that the problem still exists. 

Only the truly partisan, or pig ignorant, believe that Cummings' cabal of idiots have done "well".

The response has been nothing short of disgraceful, with the short-term financial support being the outlier (but we may look back on that as just kicking the can down the road).

23 hours ago, Bill said:

"Spent most of today contact tracing, or should I say banging my head against a brick wall!! "

In comparison to your numerous claims then I suspect we all pale into the shadows

So perhaps you could enlighten us as to how this track and trace system works

How you get the contacts, how you are required to contact, how the info is fed back etc.......

It will be a fascinating read for us all, I have no doubt

ps no rush, you might want to check google first to.... sort of.... err, refresh your memory 😊

'So perhaps you could enlighten us as to how this track and trace system works

It will be a fascinating read for us all, I have no doubt'

Come on, hand crank

you haven't signed the Official Secrets Act - you can enlighten us all

least some might think it was another of your false claims 😊

There's another pandemic stalking Britain: hunger

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/28/pandemic-britain-hunger-boris-johnson?

Very serious piece by John Harris here, drawn from personal research it appears and a clear signal of what lies ahead in the post pandemic recession, indeed already happening.

I can recall the eighties and previous recession and the sheer anger of an extremely disadvantaged section of the public I worked with. Crime was rife, not because of greed but because people were desperate.

You hope the current government can put policies in place that will anticipate future problems, problems that will affect one part of society, but ripple out to affect everyone's lives.

8.00 till 12.00 shift tomorrow Bill.

Loads of info out there if you are genuinely interested in how it all works, get orf your butt and look it up.👍

10 minutes ago, sonyc said:

There's another pandemic stalking Britain: hunger

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/28/pandemic-britain-hunger-boris-johnson?

Very serious piece by John Harris here, drawn from personal research it appears and a clear signal of what lies ahead in the post pandemic recession, indeed already happening.

I can recall the eighties and previous recession and the sheer anger of an extremely disadvantaged section of the public I worked with. Crime was rife, not because of greed but because people were desperate.

You hope the current government can put policies in place that will anticipate future problems, problems that will affect one part of society, but ripple out to affect everyone's lives.

I believe food banks were struggling to get the level of donations they had pre COVID, hopefully things have improved in that respect. The whole charitable sector has taken a hit, I was talking to a lady a couple of days ago who has a stall everyday in her front garden in Aylsham to raise funds for a children’s hospice, there has been a huge decrease in income to charities due to closure of charity shops.

Edited by Van wink

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

8.00 till 12.00 shift tomorrow Bill.

Loads of info out there if you are genuinely interested in how it all works, get orf your butt and look it up.👍

Have they reduced your hours, as previously you claimed

'Spent most of today contact tracing'

I am glad you checked there is loads of info out there, but is the personal touch I am and ,I suspect, others are interested in

Like how many pages has the training manual got etc

ps best let Barbie Queue post  tomorrow morning 😏

Gosh, you really are up on this aren't you 😏

anything else for us to learn..... like how is the data sent to you and how is it returned ?

and perhaps why has there been no other mention of this, until I raised the matter of your claim ?

ps I hope this doesn't come across as me thinking you are being a teensy weensy bit elastic with the truth

I don’t follow Bill, I’ve never seen you accuse anyone of being untruthful, what’s changed?

• Haha 1

I wasn't accusing you of being untruthful, that was the point of the post script

and I am sure your highly descriptive account of your experiences as a tracer have gone a long way to removing any doubt in anyone's mind

ps do you think your time as a senior manager with the NHS helped in any way ?

Well I’m glad you believe me, cheered me up 👍
Got another 4 hour shift on Tuesday as well, just in case you are interested, 10.00 till 14.00 that one. That’s all for next week though.

56 minutes ago, Bill said:

ps best let Barbie Queue post  tomorrow morning 😏

He's on late shift with Nightfly and Joanna Grey😉👍

19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

He's on late shift with Nightfly and Joanna Grey😉👍

There’s one guy doing tracing who has had 15 referrals so far, he’s convinced they’re all the same person 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Even if only out of self interest I'm sure we all all hope that, but the stark reality is that the track record of this government shows that they have absolutely zero ability/interest in anticipating future problems and are totally incompetent in dealing with them when they actually arise. 😟