Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

46 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Oh yeah cynical politics....and a bit like that Labour Aide Jo Moore's "A good day to bury bad news" crass comment after the horrendous attacks of 9/11......all those years ago.....

What has that go to do with what is going on now. She was disgusting and got sacked. Nearly 20 years ago Ffestiniog. 

30 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Let's not beat about the bush....It's the lib/labs, lefties, momentumeers, commies and remoaners current moment to get their pound of flesh after still smarting from Brexit and the General Election...

.........yes, of course it is - plus the 100+ Tory MPs who've said DC should be sacked, the Tory minister who has resigned and the many, many thousands of Tory voters who've written to their MP to express their disgust.

Oh, and I forgot that well known left wing rag - the Daily Mail, they're at it as well.

😂🤣😂 But apart from them it's just........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Schools, south america, shops, private gatherings  for up to 6, south kora, vaccines.  Life and death stuff

Maybe some don't want to be reminded of death and want to talk about something else?? 

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

WTF is going on?

I so hope that this is nothing to do with smoke screening Cummings, because for the life of me, I cannot see the scientific evidence. If there are needless deaths because of this, I am unsure how the instigators can live with themselves. 

27 minutes ago, Herman said:

Maybe some don't want to be reminded of death and want to talk about something else?? 

Probably shouldnt be on a covid virus thread then should they?

Appreciate that death is a difficult subject.  It might be an idea to have a Cummings to Durham thread and keep the virus out of it?

23 minutes ago, dj11 said:

I so hope that this is nothing to do with smoke screening Cummings, because for the life of me, I cannot see the scientific evidence. If there are needless deaths because of this, I am unsure how the instigators can live with themselves. 

Just shines out that "we are following the science" was and is a lie. This is naked politics. If a few old voters die as a result it is a price that Johnson/Cummings are willing to pay.

24 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Hard to say whether it is a smoke screen for Cummings or just desperation to get the economy going again irrespective of the risks (or perhaps both) but it is very clear that we're nowhere near the stage that the Government originally said was required before this unlocking could go ahead.

At least they are no longer insulting our intelligence by claiming that they are 'following the best science' - would be pointless anyway as everyone can see that they are just making it up on the hoof.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Appreciate that death is a difficult subject.  It might be an idea to have a Cummings to Durham thread and keep the virus out of it?

Probably best to start a Covid-deaths thread, this one’s gone past the point of no return when it comes to Cummings!

Edited by Aggy
  • Like 1

If it is safe you go out and play - it is safe to go to work

If it is safe to go to work - it is safe for kids to go to (state) schools

Bigot the righty stared at the wall,

he was sure it used to say'Arbeit macht geld, but now read as

Arbeit macht geld fur uns

the sheep huddled in the right side of the field were already bleating it out

5 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Probably best to start a Covid-deaths thread, this one’s gone past the point of no return when it comes to Cummings!

They've  flogged the horse so much, only the shoes are left.

20 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I think we should talk about shops  😉

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I think we should talk about shops  😉

Let's get squiffy & talk about girls 😊

57 minutes ago, dj11 said:

That’s exactly what it is and it will lead to excess deaths

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Are you taking Haiku to the next level VW? 🙂 Respect

Arigatu

Looking at the recent graphs in the last 2 weeks, it still appears that infections rates are higher than might have been expected (we used to be about a week or so behind Italy who are experiencing double figure deaths now rather than 3 figures). Perhaps our decline out of this is 'slower'

1 hour ago, dj11 said:

While it might act as a distraction, I would doubt that was ever the intent, get people back in work was always the thought.

That might be wrong or right, but what is clear is that the supposed evidence previously used for a lockdown has been conveniently dropped now - as is the mantra about protecting the NHS. It is now one of protect business. Again a debatable point, but one that highlights what this has always been about.

If you elect a government that is only ever interested in the bottom line of the balance sheet then you should not be surprised when that comes down to its inevitable conclusion ..................

..................................................money over lives.

16 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Looking at the recent graphs in the last 2 weeks, it still appears that infections rates are higher than might have been expected (we used to be about a week or so behind Italy who are experiencing double figure deaths now rather than 3 figures). Perhaps our decline out of this is 'slower'

Possibly, its a concern and I fear it may be one step forward and two steps back for us.

27 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Let's get squiffy & talk about girls 😊

It was my  small in-joke for Barbe (who has been trying to speak about shops during the Cummings furore) 🙂

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Are you taking Haiku to the next level VW? 🙂 Respect

Is that Hai? Or maybe Ku? 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Just shines out that "we are following the science" was and is a lie. This is naked politics. If a few old voters die as a result it is a price that Johnson/Cummings are willing to pay.

What a way to thank them for voting for Brexit 😳

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

What a way to thank them for voting for Brexit 😳

history is littered with the gormless being conned by lying politicians

but at least the brexit ones can go to their grave knowing they 'died for their country'

5 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Wouldn’t it be great if all you lefties were just to disappear up you own rear ends. 👍

You could just put your fingers in your ears and shout "La la la, I'm not listening".

"From 1 July, flexible furlough will be in place, he says.

Employers will have maximum flexibility to decide to bring back employees for a number of days per week."

that certainly helps toward zero hours contract - and with so many unemployed you can easily now be replaced

....back to the days of dock gate working 🙄

24 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Wouldn’t it be great if all you lefties were just to disappear up you own rear ends. 👍

I'm a liberal, can i stay around?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I think we were pretty much quoted as being 2-3 weeks behind Italy sonyc, about 1-2 weeks behind Spain.

Looking at what has been going on in those countries gives me some hope. For example, it will be at least mid June until we catch up with Italy's eased restrictions. They opened up a fair amount around mid-May ie shops, bars/restaurants with terraces/churches, and at that time their daily death rate was in 3 figures too so I don't think we are on a particularly different track.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm a liberal, can i stay around?

Nope, and neither can any of your other 7 log-ins

Love Bill

x

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Nope, and neither can any of your other 7 log-ins

Love Bill

x

ask yorkshire_canary 😏