Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Starmer on the news tonight was straightforward. He would have sacked his advisor if he was PM (guess easy to say) but his reasoning was that the government had wasted a week and we really needed to be making progress on test, track, trace. As such #CumGate (as it's been referred to on twitter) has been a distraction. The focus, you got the impression, was on the business in hand. He wasn't engaging in a crude form of points scoring. Such a contrast to BJ.

Class through  true intelligence is always more impressive than class through heritage.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

La reve de Bagster,

Comme une chanson de Piaf,

La vie en Pourpre.

5/7/5.

All posts in 575 mode would lead to better conversation and require lots of forethought. Concise pieces. Maybe you've hit on a new thing Purple. A form of Occam's Razor. 

12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

All posts in 575 mode would lead to better conversation and require lots of forethought. Concise pieces. Maybe you've hit on a new thing Purple. A form of Occam's Razor. 

Ah, Occams razor,

Only on social med-ia

Will you read these words

Edited by Barbe bleu
  • Haha 1

Elsewhere it is 'shill',

and, yes, 'whataboutery'.

Not heard in real life

Edited by Barbe bleu

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Lockdown up north has effectively been over for about 2 weeks.

Social distancing has eased off and the roads are as packed as ever they were.

It's like there is no pandemic. Folk also tell me that this Cummings thing has made them think "f this"

Still social distancing on The Wirral.

11 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I wish that I knew

How to express my thoughts that way

As I tend to elaboration

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Good thing. Can't seem to cross a b***dy road here walking the dog. 

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I wish that I knew

How to express my thoughts that way

As I tend to elaboration

Run out of reactions haha. 

Imagine a thread like this (needing to be one on its own)?

Can we now talk 'bout

the shops and schools that are open

from the first of june?

The talk of Cummings

has gone on for five long days.

Yes, time for a change

South america

For now the epicentre?

Low tests hide the truth?

Bbq at mine

Whilst infection  is so high?

Good idea or no?

So much more to talk-

About, so can we not go-

Over this old ground?

Alas, it's time now

For me, bedtime to venture

Sleeping peaceful(ly)

• Like 1

UK Test and Trace 

Advanced from its June release 

Cannot yet log on 

Track and Trace.jpg

Edited by Surfer

5 hours ago, BigFish said:

The UK has registered 59,537 more deaths than usual since the week ending March 20, indicating that the virus has directly or indirectly killed 891 people per million.

You really are a nasty individual, so 60,000 deaths are worth a quibble on a football messageboard and it is ok because it is less than cancer. Many of these deaths are directly attributable to failings by this government and it is clear that the situation is not under control. The government has failed and people have paid for this with their lives.

Pointing out the perspective that covid-19 deaths are at a much lower rate per capita than cancer deaths for example does not make me a nasty person. It does not, of course, fit with your leftie point scoring bashing of the government. If you are really wanting to wear your sanctimonious look how caring I am on your sleeve why are you not raising the roof over causes of death far exceeding covid-19 that occur EVERY year? 

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

No mate there were 1887 new cases

2013 the day before

Looking at data from 22nd👍

Too much noise on this thread.

More focus on virus required.

Edited by Van wink

6 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

A friend of a friend 

Moved to the Wirral 

Bought a three bed house

For the sum of ****all. 

Shakespeare eat your heart out. 

13 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

S. Korea.

Re-imposed lock down.

2nd wave anybody ?

13 hours ago, Aggy said:

Is it “lockdown”? Only thing I’ve read said museums and parks were closing again, not that people were being forced to stay indoors again.

Schools have also closed around Seoul, but not across the whole country.

BBC says on Thursday there were 79 new cases within 24 hours in South Korea. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aggy said:

I live in Manchester and I’ve hardly seen any difference around me, so I’m not sure that’s true. “The north” is quite big. I dare say there are places in “the south” where people are doing what they want as well. It doesn’t mean everybody who lives north of Birmingham has just gone for a free for all group hug this afternoon.

Ah, a plastic, eh ???

Just thought I'd drop that in as a reminder of the way the forum used to be  😂

There has been a gradual pick up in Norwich but still a long way short of anything like normal.

A report in the EDP this morning says Norwich has had the 3rd lowest death rate in the country, ranked by local authority area. 10.7 per 100k. 

Kings Lynn and West Norfolk by far the worst in the region with 77.9 per 100k.

So a one in ten thousand chance if you live in the City.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There has been a gradual pick up in Norwich but still a long way short of anything like normal.

A report in the EDP this morning says Norwich has had the 3rd lowest death rate in the country, ranked by local authority area. 10.7 per 100k. 

Kings Lynn and West Norfolk by far the worst in the region with 77.9 per 100k.

So a one in ten thousand chance if you live in the City.

Patrick Valance reported over 7000 new infections in England yesterday I believe, where are you getting your much lower figures from Ricardo or are we talking at cross purposes, maybe you refer to confirmed cases whereas the higher figure is based on ONS survey data plus.

18 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Patrick Valance reported over 7000 new infections in England yesterday I believe, where are you getting your much lower figures from Ricardo or are we talking at cross purposes, maybe you refer to confirmed cases whereas the higher figure is based on ONS survey data plus.

Yes - the 7000 to 8000 is statistical survey dara.

What I also found interesting was serology 7% (just under) AB positive. That really does nails the simplest of the  'we've all had it ' arguments or its 'burnt itself out'.

It just waiting for us to drop our guard - see S.korea. Lots of fresh victims.

25 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Is this where your infection figure comes from VW? 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19roundup/2020-03-26#infectionstudy

It is estimated that there was an average of 54,000 new infections per week over the period of the study, which is between 26 April and 24 May, for people living in private-residential households in the community in England. This equates to an incidence rate of 0.10 new cases per 100 people.

26 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Yes these are confirmed cases. Confirmation rate now under 2 percent of those tested. It was 20 percent a month ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Mirror is reporting (from ONS) that death rates for C19 have yet to peak in 18 council areas, one being Broadland in Norfolk.

Edited by sonyc
source added

15 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Is this where your infection figure comes from VW? 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19roundup/2020-03-26#infectionstudy

It is estimated that there was an average of 54,000 new infections per week over the period of the study, which is between 26 April and 24 May, for people living in private-residential households in the community in England. This equates to an incidence rate of 0.10 new cases per 100 people.

thanks Ron, I’ve been using this from the app and  Kings College study 

9,900 new COVID cases across England daily

5ec77e521b9cec654776cbba_COVID_England_d

By combining COVID swab testing with data from the COVID Symptom Study app, we are able to estimate the number of new daily COVID cases within the community

Data from the COVID Symptom Study suggests there are currently 9,900 daily new cases of COVID across England. 

This excludes care homes [*] and asymptomatic cases. These results are based on a group of 980,000 people using our app, of whom 18,000 were invited to do COVID swab tests after showing early signs of coronavirus infection. These tests were provided by the Department of Health and Social Care, either via a self-administered home test kit or regional testing centres.

Developed by health technology company ZOE, the COVID Symptom Study app now has more than 3.6 million users across the UK, US and Sweden, making it the largest ongoing coronavirus study in the world.

All areas of England are seeing new cases, but levels in the North are around twice those in the South. These figures give an up to date view of COVID infection rates, unlike deaths which lag by about a month.

How we are calculating these figures

The figure of 9,900 was calculated using swab testing and app symptom data collected over the last two weeks (2-15 May), from users of all ages and spread throughout England. This makes it the first time that digital health data from a very large population has been combined with physical COVID swab tests to create an accurate view of what COVID looks like in the population on a day-by-day basis. 

These results were based on 980,000 people contributing digitally of whom 18,000 received rapid testing for COVID infection in the two weeks from 2-15 May. Those invited for testing include individuals using our app who have reported being healthy for at least nine days before they log new symptoms for the first time. We have aggregated these two weeks in order to get a large enough population to allow us to estimate regional variations, as well as overall levels in England.

Facilitating a safe exit from lockdown

The ability to accurately estimate the number of new daily COVID cases within the community via technology can be a critical part of the UK’s fight against COVID, alongside ONS surveys that report weekly or monthly based on random swab testing or changes in antibody testing. 

With all eyes on “r”, it is critical that the number of daily new cases does not rise as we ease out of lockdown. The COVID Symptom Study enables over 3 million people to contribute, and so provides a more current picture of how the COVID situation is changing. It can also highlight regional differences and show potential increases in the virus before other detection methods. 

Daily new cases across England

The map below shows the rates across the different regions of England. The data for each region is presented as a range, because the absolute infection rates are now low. These estimates show a two fold difference between North and South, but should be treated with caution as the number of actual cases is relatively small. 

We do not yet have sufficient numbers to estimate Northern Ireland, and Wales and Scotland have not yet joined the COVID testing scheme, but we hope to extend testing to those nations shortly.

The daily new cases estimate does not account for those in the population who are asymptomatic (i.e. show no symptoms but can still spread the virus), as we cannot detect these cases by those reporting their health using the app. These figures also exclude care homes as there is not enough data from the app to estimate this population at this point.

Edited by Van wink
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bagster said:

Macron has lost his majority, the rats are leaving the sinking ship

Quite astounding that after your **** comments about gas chambers were flagged up by more than one poster, you decided to just plough on ahead instead of do the appropriate thing which would be to retract said comments or apologise. The Cummings effect seems to stretch into forum decorum now too. 

Not sure quite why you seem unable to do the decent thing, but it's poor form and speaks volumes about you.

Martin Luther - You are not only responsible for what you...

I apologise whenever If I feel I've done something wrong, I don't feel I have.

My point was that in the 30's a minority whipped up hate in the majority to attack another minority.

Whenever you find yourself in a large majority the first thing you should do is question yourself 

Now you might feel Dominic Cummings is less than human, as one of your side has described him and therefore it is fine to shout at him in the street, to harass him , make up fake news stories about him. I personally see that as bullying with intimidation

So sorry but I'm not sorry for the comment and I haven't been banned yet so stop your virtue signalling.

Maybe you should go on another thread and spew your hate for Liverpool and Ipswich 😉

Edited by Bagster
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

My point was that in the 30's a minority whipped up hate in the majority to attack a minority.

Whenever you find yourself in a large majority the first thing you should do is question yourself 

Now you might feel Dominic Cummings is less than human, as one of your side has described him and therefore it is fine to shout at him in the street, to harass him , make up fake news stories about him. I personally see that as bullying with intimidation

So sorry but I'm not sorry for the comment and I haven't been banned yet so stop your virtue signalling.

Maybe you should go on another thread and spew your hate for Liverpool and Ipswich 

Bagster

th?id=OIP.m85PhzmfFakRfaOFgnbUDQHaE7&pid=Api

Dominic Cummings

th?id=OIP.m85PhzmfFakRfaOFgnbUDQHaE7&pid=Api

27 minutes ago, Bagster said:

My point was that in the 30's a minority whipped up hate in the majority to attack another minority.

Maybe you should go on another thread and spew your hate for Liverpool and Ipswich 😉

Another feature of our current Government is the "Priti Patel" apology, as in "I'm sorry that you feel that an apology is needed."

Also in my use of the English language "Barely human" does not mean "less than human".

Why haven't you been banned yet?

• Like 2

I notice no-one commented about the potential reasons that the Cummings scandal was carrying on (because it creates a massive distraction for other things to happen in this pandemic). And, because of social distancing, WR Mogg is now restricting parliament to 50 MPs only and even the digital scrutiny is to be removed. Effectively, business will be decided by 50 out of 650 MPs. This harks back to the 1930s in Germany.

Do folk have a view on this? I realise the pandemic is forcing changes but could parliament not meet elsewhere and we protect democratic processes?

This issue seems to me of massive significance.

Edited by sonyc
  • Thanks 2