Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

They may change their minds when their relatives start dieing again.

What do you suggest then vw, that we go back to nothing open, nobody other than key workers allowed out the house, one run a day and food shopping the only time you can go out, permanently until we find a vaccine?

5 minutes ago, Aggy said:

What do you suggest then vw, that we go back to nothing open, nobody other than key workers allowed out the house, one run a day and food shopping the only time you can go out, permanently until we find a vaccine?

I suggest that at least social distancing should be maintained which from the post seems to have been abandoned in the North.

There will have be more lockdown and tighter lockdown possibly if the virus has a resurgence and non of us want that surely

Edited by Van wink

Another effort to calm the storm, not much meat there

'DC is set to quit in six months' after drawing a line under Brexit, sources say

By Simon Walters for the Daily Mail 21:58 28 May 2020, updated 22:10 28 May 2020

is considering quitting as ’s senior adviser later this year, well-placed sources said yesterday.

According to an insider who knows him well, he intends to step back from the political front line now that the UK is finally cutting ties with the EU.

The suggestion that he could be out in six months was reinforced by a separate claim that he will consider himself ‘largely redundant’ by if he completes his shake-up of Whitehall mandarins by then.

The report appeared in the Spectator magazine, where Mr Cummings used to work, and where his wife Mary Wakefield is a commissioning editor.

A senior source said: ‘Dominic has not decided what to do. He had to delay medical treatment unrelated to Covid because of the virus. He will deal with that when the pandemic is over and then discuss things with Mary. He will stay in his job if it seems worthwhile and [he] can improve things – otherwise he probably won’t.’

The question marks over his future follow the furore over Mr Cummings’s decision to drive his wife and young son 260 miles to his parents’ farm in Durham at the start of the lockdown. While they were there, the couple visited a nearby beauty spot.

The Prime Minister has refused to back widespread calls – including from 40 Tory MPs – for Mr Cummings to resign, arguing it is time to ‘move on’ after a week-long controversy over his conduct.

12 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Is that it, how childish!!

What are you 12

I don't need an excuse and you have not even been at the races.

The fact you think you've done well is amusing

I do genuinely hope you enjoy the fishing though 😉

I was Angling. It was good fun. Thanks.

Done well ? It's  not a competition , it's a breeze. 

As for the races , effing Cheltenham  is one of the main original infectors into the Emerald isle, glad I  wasnt at it. Not even a sport . Ridiculous indulgence. They should all be shot... the punters, not the horses. 

To quote  you :  Next 👍

7 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Watch BBC4 NOW!

It's fvcking brilliant.

Johnson from Peep Show!

Just now, Van wink said:

I suggest that at least social distancing should be maintained which for the post seems to have been abandoned in the North.

There will have be more lockdown and tighter lockdown possibly if the virus has resurgence and non of us want that surely

I live in Manchester and I’ve hardly seen any difference around me, so I’m not sure that’s true. “The north” is quite big. I dare say there are places in “the south” where people are doing what they want as well. It doesn’t mean everybody who lives north of Birmingham has just gone for a free for all group hug this afternoon.

• Like 2

Just now, Aggy said:

I live in Manchester and I’ve hardly seen any difference around me, so I’m not sure that’s true. “The north” is quite big. I dare say there are places in “the south” where people are doing what they want as well. It doesn’t mean everybody who lives north of Birmingham has just gone for a free for all group hug this afternoon.

That’s good to hear, I was just going by sonyc’s claim👍

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I was Angling. It was good fun. Thanks.

Done well ? It's  not a competition , it's a breeze. 

As for the races , effing Cheltenham  is one of the main original infectors into the Emerald isle, glad I  wasnt at it. Not even a sport . Ridiculous indulgence. They should all be shot... the punters, not the horses. 

To quote  you :  Next 👍

So what is your opinion of leo varadkar drinking beer with his mates outside in the sun?

11 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Watch BBC4 NOW!

It's fvcking brilliant.

I don't have a TV, what's happening?

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

That’s good to hear, I was just going by sonyc’s claim👍

Very busy, packed in the city, roads full (roads in Leeds/Bradford district are some of the most busy in the UK) and in the surrounding towns pavements are busy, shops fuller. The north is large!

5 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Oh come on, Aggy. Next you will be claiming not everyone wears a flat cap and has a whippet..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bagster said:

So what is your opinion of leo varadkar drinking beer with his mates outside in the sun?

Did he drive a few hundred miles during strict lockdown to do it?

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Very busy, packed in the city, roads full (roads in Leeds/Bradford district are some of the most busy in the UK) and in the surrounding towns pavements are busy, shops fuller. The north is large!

The North is huge

2 minutes ago, Bagster said:

No problem. The rules at the moment are  that four people, from two separate households are allowed to meet . He was with his boyfriend and two friends  , who I believe  are partners.  Lots of people have been meeting up like this since the last relaxation  of the rules.  Not a biggie. Hasn't lied  or denied it. Slight whiff of whataboutery  there Baggyboy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

The North is huge

Haha yeah, sorry for my grammar. After posting I always look and think I should have expressed it better.😐

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

No problem. The rules at the moment are  that four people, from two separate households are allowed to meet . He was with his boyfriend and two friends  , who I believe  are partners.  Lots of people have been meeting up like this since the last relaxation  of the rules.  Not a biggie. Hasn't lied  or denied it. Slight whiff of whataboutery  there Baggyboy.

I won't argue that point as you will be far more knowledgeable than me on this subject 😉

As I'm a generous man, I'll even give you a point there.........no I said a point !!!

8 minutes ago, Bagster said:

I don't have a TV, what's happening?

Short plays about people's reaction to the virus. Some real, some fictional.

The first one was horrific & hilarious in equal measure. Hopefully on t'internet somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Bagster said:

I won't argue that point as you will be far more knowledgeable than me on this subject 😉

As I'm a generous man, I'll even give you a point there.........no I said a point !!!

The subject of truth v spin , yes I agree. I am more familiar with it than you .  You seem to have softened your cough, smart move. Peace , out.

8 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Haha yeah, sorry for my grammar. After posting I always look and think I should have expressed it better.😐

Don’t worry

38 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Yes, it can be overdone, would agree. One surprising thing is that Starmer has been quite reserved in all of this, restrained in fact. Possibly he has rather an open goal. 

The more I hear of BJ the less I'm convinced by his thinking process actually (because he sounds chaotic and rambling) and the more I start to wonder just how important Cummings is (a lot). It's clear Cummings has a keen mind and is certainly no fool.

I think Starmer is doing the right thing by not party-politicizing this. As to BoJo, he has always been a hollow  man who conned the gullible into thinking he was clever because he knew a few over-used Latin tags. And whether by luck or judgment Labour have chosen the perfect opponent in Starmer, whose dullness looks increasingly like a virtue compared to Johnson’s flippancy, and whose forensic skills will quietly eviscerate Johnson in Parliament.

Cummings has a keen mind, and is certainly sharper than Johnson, but that hasn’t stopped him being a fool over Durhamgate. There may be more to come out, but even on the basis of what is known to be true he has been very stupid. Probably through arrogance, and particularly thinking he would be too smart to get caught out by mere hacks in the media. Hence he and his wife writing pieces for The Spectator that were lies by omission. You would  have to be very dumb to assume the truth would not come out.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Van wink said:

No mate there were 1887 new cases

2013 the day before

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I think Starmer is doing the right thing by not party-politicizing this. As to BoJo, he has always been a hollow  man who conned the gullible into thinking he was clever because he knew a few over-used Latin tags. And whether by luck or judgment Labour have chosen the perfect opponent in Starmer, whose dullness looks increasingly like a virtue compared to Johnson’s flippancy, and whose forensic skills will quietly eviscerate Johnson in Parliament.

Cummings has a keen mind, and is certainly sharper than Johnson, but that hasn’t stopped him being a fool over Durhamgate. There may be more to come out, but even on the basis of what is known to be true he has been very stupid. Probably through arrogance, and particularly thinking he would be too smart to get caught out by mere hacks in the media. Hence he and his wife writing pieces for The Spectator that were lies by omission. You would  have to be very dumb to assume the truth would not come out.

Too early to call my friend, the MSM have not come out of this smelling of roses.

Maybe you win, maybe you went way over the top and the backlash will consume you.

Don't forget ,events, quite often don't follow logic :)

Edited by Bagster
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Too early to call my friend, the MSM have not come out of this smelling of roses.

Maybe you win, maybe you went way over the top and the backlash will consume you.

Don't forget ,events quite often don't follow logic :)

Not with that lot at the helm.

4 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Don't forget ,events, quite often don't follow logic :)

Three gnomic lines. It could be a haiku except instead of five, seven and five syllables you’ve crammed in 22, 21 and 13.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Three gnomic lines. It could be a haiku except instead of five, seven and five syllables you’ve crammed in 22, 21 and 13.

Purple you are by far my favourite lefty

Only you could reply like that 😂

I literally have nothing !!

Edited by Bagster

18 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Starmer on the news tonight was straightforward. He would have sacked his advisor if he was PM (guess easy to say) but his reasoning was that the government had wasted a week and we really needed to be making progress on test, track, trace. As such #CumGate (as it's been referred to on twitter) has been a distraction. The focus, you got the impression, was on the business in hand. He wasn't engaging in a crude form of points scoring. Such a contrast to BJ.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Purple you are by far my favourite lefty

Only you could reply like that 😂

I literally have nothing !!

La reve de Bagster,

Comme une chanson de Piaf,

La vie en Pourpre.

5/7/5.