Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

@ Billious. Noxious, boring, slightly psychotic, do give it a rest chap. So you're clever enough to cut n paste a few articles. Well done. Like Cummins you do not possess the emotional intelligence  to know when to shut up. You are  as toxic to a good cause as Corbyn was to labour's chances.

Edited by wcorkcanary

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

You are wrong on virtually every stance you take you idiot

so wrong that never once had you proved me wrong whereas it is a matter of record on here how many time you have been shown to have lied

so feel free to amend the former

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I didn't lie I put forward my understanding. Jesus, if you just link things that people are unaware of you might find people are probably interested. You might even...have a discussion god forbid. Instead you have to be not so passive aggressive to everyone which gets there back up. Thanks for the link. 

So we have spent an hour arguing over something I wasn't aware of has nothing but semantics to do with my point, my point was that subsidies aren't going, the budget is remaining the same. However I'll admit I was unaware individual farmers are having their basic payments dropped. But as that money is being pushed to provide the financial incentives for Environmental Land Management scheme I can't say I see a massive issue.

ye gods !

subsidies aren't going - yet I have just posted up clear evidence that they are !

it is not about being moved elsewhere - and that is merely to allow for farm land to be used for development... be it housing etc

and I am aware because I bother to check first - which means on this you are well wide of the mark, so why not read up on how the Ag Bill stands and what it will mean

if I am wrong I am happy to say, and appreciate the sentiments in your above post

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

so wrong that never once had you proved me wrong whereas it is a matter of record on here how many time you have been shown to have lied

so feel free to amend the former

You have been proved wrong so many times Bill, but its like dealing with a child

Edited by Van wink

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

@ Billious. Noxious, boring, slightly psychotic, do give it a rest chap. So you're clever enough to cut n paste a few articles. Well done. Like Cummins you do not possess the emotional intelligence  to know when to shut up. 

Unsurprising to see you sink to personal abuse

you can easily blank my posts .... or even actually refute them instead of keep whing about how naughty I am

choose one of the two,

but spare us you endless griping

Just now, Bill said:

ye gods !

subsidies aren't going - yet I have just posted up clear evidence that they are !

it is not about being moved elsewhere - and that is merely to allow for farm land to be used for development... be it housing etc

and I am aware because I bother to check first - which means on this you are well wide of the mark, so why not read up on how the Ag Bill stands and what it will mean

if I am wrong I am happy to say, and appreciate the sentiments in your above post

But they aren't going Bill, the budget is remaining the same and basic payments to farmers are being dropped so that the budget can be used to actually incentivises them to do something for it.

Now when see the details of the ELM we can argue over whether what they are being incentivised to do is good or bad, but I don't see the issue with that principal?

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

I dont need to

unable to you mean

because if you could you would not let it rest, as you have tried and failed previously

now why not return to the subject instead of keep whining

ps how's the face mask requirement going ?

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

There is a fun irony here that it doesn't much matter whether what Cummings did was right or wrong so much as whether people out there in the real world of dealing with and suffering from the pandemic think he acted rightly or wrongly, even if they are wrong to think what they think.

I am sure in his quieter moments, as someone who greatly helped win the Brexit vote by getting people to believe lies, fraudulent soundbites, distortions and spin, he appreciates falling foul of crude public opinion.

Got interrupted by my optometrist from Barnard Castle turning up with the result of my eye test...

The serious point about populism (and the UK and the US are not the only current examples) is that by definition the bumper-sticker slogans that can win elections and referendums - even if they have an element of truth behind them, and they sometimes do  - bear no serious relationship in their simplicity to the vastly more complex business of solving whatever problems or injustices have been highlighted.

Added to which populist leaders are often maverick politicians or even non-politicians who claim it a virtue that they are not part of the establishment but who then almost by definition prove to lack the experience of how things work and the simple ability to govern efficiently. Trump, who has none of the necessary abiities and qualities, and is totally unfitted for the job he holds, is the prime example. All in all a recipe for maladministration.

Cummings may not be the right person to have chosen but Johnson, although not in Trump's class as a hapless dunce, needs people around him who can try to make up for his deficiencies. Perhaps the new permanent secretary at Number 10 charged with taking control of the response to the pandemic (yes, yes, months too late but...) will improve matters.

Edited by PurpleCanary

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Unsurprising to see you sink to personal abuse

you can easily blank my posts .... or even actually refute them instead of keep whing about how naughty I am

choose one of the two,

but spare us you endless griping

As soon as you pack up spouting Carp, of course. No probs Mr . Lackofselfawareness.  I notice no rebuke to my Cumminsalike comment, nerve touched? Aaaaanyway. Gonna enjoy the evening sunshine  and see if there isn't  a fishy or two lurking around the bay.  Much love catch you again later.  X WCC. 

PS less bile , a little more humour with a dash of humility , you may not be so alone. We know you have it in you. Be brave.

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

But they aren't going Bill, the budget is remaining the same and basic payments to farmers are being dropped so that the budget can be used to actually incentivises them to do something for it.

Now when see the details of the ELM we can argue over whether what they are being incentivised to do is good or bad, but I don't see the issue with that principal?

I'm not sure what is being issued, but the concern is that the intention is to take out large swathes of land from food production and turn it over to development. Whether that is a good thing, and will be decided on a case by case basis will also have to be seen.

But the idea that the intent is to restore parts of the countryside to some 'eco friendly' place of yore is laughable.

So the concern is the Agricultural bill will become an Act of Parliament that will be so woolly as to allow huge tracts of land to be fenced off, and used to leach so called 'stewardship funds' from the previous subsidy fund.

Meanwhile what was previously produced will be replaced by imported filth ie US food

''Sorry farmer Giles, your pigs are too expensive and so with subsidy cuts you are not commercially viable"

''However there is this nice man who is willing to remove you from your rented land to turn it into a 'rustic destination for the high end market'

It's already happening.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

As soon as you pack up spouting Carp, of course. No probs Mr . Lackofselfawareness.  I notice no rebuke to my Cumminsalike comment, nerve touched? Aaaaanyway. Gonna enjoy the evening sunshine  and see if there isn't  a fishy or two lurking around the bay.  Much love catch you again later.  X WCC. 

PS less bile , a little more humour with a dash of humility , you may not be so alone. We know you have it in you. Be brave.

I'm sure that random jumble of words make sense somewhere

though I'm not so sure that having some weirdo become that excited about me is not a bit concerning 🙄

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm not sure what is being issued, but the concern is that the intention is to take out large swathes of land from food production and turn it over to development. Whether that is a good thing, and will be decided on a case by case basis will also have to be seen.

But the idea that the intent is to restore parts of the countryside to some 'eco friendly' place of yore is laughable.

So the concern is the Agricultural bill will become an Act of Parliament that will be so woolly as to allow huge tracts of land to be fenced off, and used to leach so called 'stewardship funds' from the previous subsidy fund.

Meanwhile what was previously produced will be replaced by imported filth ie US food

''Sorry farmer Giles, your pigs are too expensive and so with subsidy cuts you are not commercially viable"

''However there is this nice man who is willing to remove you from your rented land to turn it into a 'rustic destination for the high end market'

It's already happening.

I just try as far as I can to be non partisan.

In principal the proposals seem good but as always the devils in the detail.

I can’t help but think if a left wing government was proposing to link farmers subsidies to environmental issues to incentivise better land use people would generally be favourable.

But as it’s the Tories everyone’s looking for the catch, I understand it, just guess I’m more hopeful.

43 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Inevitable

some of the public are using Dominic Cummings as their role model 

Yes, heard this on the radio and this time it's all age groups....more older people pushing back saying there's one rule for Cummings and that's good enough for me!

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I just try as far as I can to be non partisan.

In principal the proposals seem good but as always the devils in the detail.

I can’t help but think if a left wing government was proposing to link farmers subsidies to environmental issues to incentivise better land use people would generally be favourable.

But as it’s the Tories everyone’s looking for the catch, I understand it, just guess I’m more hopeful.

Well I think that might be a case of folk being concerned about Dracula taking an interest in the local blood donors mobile

That concern is increased, by the very fact that the amendments put in to ensure the stuff from Jan 2020 were voted down. Why would that be if the intent was as you believe ?

Removing subsidies and allowing cheap food in will make around half of UK farms unviable. So what is going to be done with that land ?

Nice hedgerows, butterfly sanctuary or flower meadows sitting empty.

Wise up, that is not the intent behind taking farm land out of production

8 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

link farmers subsidies to environmental issues to incentivise better land use people would generally be favourable.

This seems like a very sensible idea.  We do need to preserve the environment for its own sake, for the sake of the public in general and for the future.

I'd be happy to discuss this in greater detail, elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Barbe bleu said:

This seems like a very sensible idea.  We do need to preserve the environment for its own sake, for the sake of the public in general and for the future.

Rennes ?

Edited by Bill

4 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Fullfact have done a piece on Dominic Cummings travelling to Durham 

So government guidance and law regarding covid19 lockdown  are not consistent?

oh dear, that won't play well with some on here, given how it backs whay Bill has been saying

"This leaves the question of what counts as a “reasonable excuse”, or a “reasonably necessary” house move, somewhat ambiguous. Ultimately, it would be up to a court to decide whether an individual excuse was a reasonable one. (This could be tested if an individual chose to contest a fixed penalty notice that they were issued under the regulations.)

The government guidance around the lockdown is more extensive than the law (and in some cases, more restrictive). It’s possible that a court might take this guidance into account when deciding what counted as reasonable, but the guidance itself does not form part of the law."

2 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Not quite got onto shops Barbe but the subject of food is one part of the way there😉 . (I did try this morning with agriculture)

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

@ Billious. Noxious, boring, slightly psychotic, do give it a rest chap. So you're clever enough to cut n paste a few articles. Well done. Like Cummins you do not possess the emotional intelligence  to know when to shut up. You are  as toxic to a good cause as Corbyn was to labour's chances.

You're not wrong.

The finger pointy, shouty, angry, let's raise a hate mob and post sarcastic comments on social media approach only serves to alienate.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Barbe bleu said:

You're not wrong.

The finger pointy, shouty, angry, let's raise a hate mob and post sarcastic comments on social media approach only serves to alienate.  

I think it is the constant pointing out when folk like you are lying that upsets

still nice to see you sticking to your 'mute' position 😆

1 hour ago, Bill said:

so how would you describe the photos you post ?

as to the other 'lie' that is unsurprisingly one by you, as the actual words I used were

"our old friend, the neighbourhood plod, who wailed about him not being able to visit his grandchildren because of the lockdown "

which can be found below on - Posted Saturday at 14:23

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/136943-corona-virus-main-thread/page/245/&tab=comments#comment-2342395

Certainly not  'half naked teenage girls ' so i suggest you take that lie back or post up some evidence and as for your pedantic grandchildren comment that would be one hell of a job as i haven't been blessed with any yet making that a lie also.

Jesus wept if you really are piece of work.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Certainly not  'half naked teenage girls ' so i suggest you take that lie back or post up some evidence and as for your pedantic grandchildren comment that would be one hell of a job as i haven't been blessed with any yet making that a lie also.

Jesus wept if you really are piece of work.

Can you assure us all those photos of scantily clad girls were not teenage ?

And if I muddled you up with someone else bleating about not seeing their grandchildren then I am happy to take that back - however you did bleat about not being able to see certain family members when I mentioned I had visited my brother. Which is where the hypocrisy was seen - given your bleats in defence of Cummings antics

And=d the expression is a nasty piece of work. You appear to have missed out the qualifying adjective

but if it means I match like for like then so be it

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

What a disaster zone.

Always the same when he’s sober

unlike what the righties were claiming earlier we now have

"as the number of backbenchers calling for Cummings to resign or be sacked grew to 43, with a total of 59 Tory MPs weighing in to criticise him.

Two of those condemning Cummings are government whips.''

when you have whips going against the PM then you have a real problem on your hands - which suggests there is a separate but growing faction forming within the Parliamentary ranks

so there has to be a very odd reasin that Johnson cannot lance this boil

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

The media outrage is fading away a bit like the virus atm, the difference is that the virus will come back but I'm not sure that this particular Cummings outrage will. I watched the press conference tonight with interest, the aggressive Cummings questions were not there and the ( premature } announcement of track and trace stole the limelight. 

Premature indeed.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Can you assure us all those photos of scantily clad girls were not teenage ?

And if I muddled you up with someone else bleating about not seeing their grandchildren then I am happy to take that back - however you did bleat about not being able to see certain family members when I mentioned I had visited my brother. Which is where the hypocrisy was seen - given your bleats in defence of Cummings antics

And=d the expression is a nasty piece of work. You appear to have missed out the qualifying adjective

but if it means I match like for like then so be it

I don't have to assure you of anything as you made the accusation so back it up with evidence. A deeply offensive lie posted by you so stop squirming your way round the matter.

Now i see i am defending Cummings which i assume is based on me saying that even if BJ and Cummings resigned Labour are still not getting into power anytime soon ? That is me defending Cummings in your book apparently, yeah righto whatever.

As for the trip to your brother you broke the guidance end of.