Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

1 minute ago, Indy said:

And I’ve read on a Trump tweet chlorinated chicken protects you from Covid 19.

That actually makes a weird sense. Injecting a detergent in a more palatable way!😉

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

And I’ve read on a Trump tweet chlorinated chicken protects you from Covid 19.

More of a cluck

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You don't have to take my word for it that it is a fact that he broke lockdown rules, and not just once but three times:

'Having watched the broadcast yesterday, my own view is that what he did was a clear breach of the lockdown rules – coming back into work when he had been with his wife who was ill, driving to Durham instead of staying at home and visiting Barnard Castle. These were clearly mistakes – both in terms of the guidance which was crystal clear, and in terms of the signal it would potentially give out to others as someone who was at the centre of government.' 

The rules are not prescriptive when small children are involved. An element of personal judgement is allowed.

My view is that he probably isolated himself & his family more successfully in Durham than he could have in London.

See why the Tories are so jumpy, bottom equates to 53 of them losing their seats. (All caveats apply, but remains not a good look).

image.thumb.png.c78bfdbb01e6078cbc70e1c5d022b0de.png

The real issue is not 'chlorinated chicken' or any other food standards (provided that they are safe) but the undercutting to the point of uneconomic of vast amounts of our agricultural industry. The same also goes for other 'protected' industries and services in a new free trade UK. I doubt most who voted for this will like the ruthless reality but who cares. We have now to make it work.

If you can't do a job/product/service at a competitive rate against the rest of the world the you'll have to do something else. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

The rules are not prescriptive when small children are involved. An element of personal judgement is allowed.

My view is that he probably isolated himself & his family more successfully in Durham than he could have in London.

Lol, your view is meaningless. He broke the regulations, he had no good cause, the child element was designed to help kids at risk of domestic violance not middle class families with at least three relatives within a three mile radius. He and his wife lied about theit whereabouts in the press, obviously because they knew what they did was wrong.

That is why instead of giving a personal statement he read out what the government's lawyers had spent all weekend cobbling together and still condemned himself out of his own mouth.

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

Lol, your view is meaningless. He broke the regulations, he had no good cause, the child element was designed to help kids at risk of domestic violance not middle class families with at least three relatives within a three mile radius. He and his wife lied about theit whereabouts in the press, obviously because they knew what they did was wrong.

That is why instead of giving a personal statement he read out what the government's lawyers had spent all weekend cobbling together and still condemned himself out of his own mouth.

In your opinion.

Just now, ron obvious said:

In your opinion.

Your view is meaningless Ron so shut up!!😉

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Hooray, after ten weeks I have finally had some fish n chips.

Hope it was chlorinated, if not add a bit of sodium chloride and acetic acid

Edited by Van wink

Just now, ricardo said:

Hooray, after ten weeks I have finally had some fish n chips.

Grosvenor?

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Your view is meaningless Ron so shut up!!😉

It's as meaningful as yours, like it or not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Everyone has access to the law as it stood at the time and to the advice that was then in force. The facts are now largely accepted.

Everyone is capable of looking at the three things and forming their own judgement.

Once they have they should keep it to themselves unless there is something new to add

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

In your opinion.

Me and 66% of the population apparently.

Confuses me, apparently 52% is a massive majority and the people have spoken.

What do I call this, massive massive majority and are the people shouting.......through loudhailers.

Just now, BigFish said:

Me and 66% of the population apparently.

Confuses me, apparently 52% is a massive majority and the people have spoken.

What do I call this, massive massive majority and are the people shouting.......through loudhailers.

and I thought he was a populist

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

and I thought he was a populist

Populists all secretly hate their people, this has just let the mask slip a bit.

Long may it continue.......

12 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The real issue is not 'chlorinated chicken' or any other food standards (provided that they are safe) but the undercutting to the point of uneconomic of vast amounts of our agricultural industry. The same also goes for other 'protected' industries and services in a new free trade UK. I doubt most who voted for this will like the ruthless reality but who cares. We have now to make it work.

If you can't do a job/product/service at a competitive rate against the rest of the world the you'll have to do something else. 

Exactly that.

It isn't about chicken! Yet, posters feel this is the area to extract a joke from, thereby cheapening one's own point and making you feel a fool (I don't need help with that!).

It's a serious point but not one that looks like a debate here. Never mind, it doesn't really matter.

On 24/05/2020 at 17:17, Monty13 said:

Think that’s wishful thinking personally kio, public have super short memories.

Once it leaves the 24 hour news cycle it’s gone. 

Well, you were right about one thing

................ the wishful thinking 😆

Johnson - Get him gone

16 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

He broke the rules by going into work, and he broke the rules by going to Barnard Castle. As BigFish says, the child excuse he uses was intended for completely different and much more serious circumstances. If Jeremy Hunt says, as he does, that was also a breach of the rules then I am happy to accept his expert judgment.

And Cummings left for Durham without taking the obvious first step of talking to a doctor and getting tested to see if any of them actually had the virus. And if you think his actions were legal and justified, why did he and his wife lie by omission in their accounts of their lockdown, which were written in such a way that readers were left assuming they had spent the whole time in isolation at their London home?

I think in this latest DC affair I'm reminded of this quote below... And that is why it will stick with lots of people who know of people who died or had to make sacrifices in this crisis. If this political 'scandal' was not during a pandemic it would be yesterday's fish and chip paper (just setting you up for a comment here Ricardo!🙂)

IMG_20200525_235343.jpg

Edited by sonyc

24 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The issue with Brexit was always that any trade deals are subject to shed loads of clauses, including standards, allowing movement of people from the trading countries, etc.......

Those who were jumping up and down with joy of Brexit are going to have a real eye opener with the amount of free movement of people when these so called free to trade globally trade deals happen..... with each respected country.

Edited by Indy

43 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Absolutely superb line by line analysis of the statement Cummings read out. Definitly worth a listen.

Dominic Cummings's statement: a guided tour

A good listen, thanks. It was carefully scripted where it was needed then suddenly on some crucial details he didn't know and was incredibly vague (after being extremely detailed about earlier dates).

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

A good listen, thanks. It was carefully scripted where it was needed then suddenly on some crucial details he didn't know and was incredibly vague (after being extremely detailed about earlier dates).

I also thought DAG thought he would be in danger of perjury if he attempted that in a court of law

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I also thought DAG thought he would be in danger of perjury if he attempted that in a court of law

He was a confident man reading out all those paragraphs but less convincing under questioning.

Dominic **** and the rules (the Law).

I'm at a total loss how ANYBODY rational, law abiding, thinking of their role in a greater society could possibly interpret the rules (law) as per Cummings.

There were so many better choices he could of made especially given his income and position. In desperation a quick call to No. 10 and private child care could of been arranged or even his put upon niece coming to London to help. Nobody would of questioned it indeed he would of gained credit.

Instead we have the most selfish, crass decisions possible being made totally at odds with the intent, the spirit and I suspect the law itself - a real two fingers FO to everybody sensible.

I really hope the Police do investigate and bring it to a trial. It is in the 'Public Interest'.

As to Gove et al and all who try and excuse his behaviour - it's just pathetic.

Edited by Yellow Fever

21 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

It's as meaningful as yours, like it or not.

Trouble is Winky's aren't that meaningful to start with. 

36 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Exactly that.

It isn't about chicken! Yet, posters feel this is the area to extract a joke from, thereby cheapening one's own point and making you feel a fool (I don't need help with that!).

It's a serious point but not one that looks like a debate here. Never mind, it doesn't really matter.

It does matter especially in an area like Norfolk. Pork producers, sugar beet etc. A lot of the local economy will be hit hard by lowering standards all to get slightly cheaper imports. 

I think that’s the thing KG, we’re all free to buy chicken or any meat from local butchers without CI, Free range growers, you might pay a little more, for others who aren’t fussed have a choice too.

Its like eating chocolate, we know it’s not healthy for you but it’s your choice.

Fair point except we are running out of Butchers, Greengrocers. Luckily in Cornwall, because of Pasties, there are plenty of bread shops.
In Redruth where I live, there are 4 male, hairdressers, 5 female hairdressers, 3 nail bars, two tanning shops against one butcher and one greengrocer. That isn't allowing for the 3 supermarkets and three co-ops.
I'm afraid choice is being directed not respected.
Edited by keelansgrandad

And does it really matter if Cummings broke three or just one regulation/guidance? He broke at least one that he helped construct, got the PM to lie in public and has showed no remorse for the damage he has done to the Government that employs him.

For the workers that have now become so valuable and heroes every time there is a Government briefing, I think there would have been instant dismissal for risking the life of others.