Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

10 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Ferguson went to meet his lover. One would suspect for the purposes of mutual entertainment.

The Scottish lady went to her second home, more than once I believe, for no other reason that she preferred it there.

Thousands of other families were not in that situation. They didn't have the option.

Just to correct ...

Ferguson's lover came to his house. Not the other way round.

He resigned anyway.

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Just to correct ...

Ferguson's lover came to his house. Not the other way round.

He resigned anyway.

You can get home deliveries for everything nowadays.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Ferguson went to meet his lover. One would suspect for the purposes of mutual entertainment.

The Scottish lady went to her second home, more than once I believe, for no other reason that she preferred it there.

Thousands of other families were not in that situation. They didn't have the option.

Didn't the part about him protecting his famil by driving them 30 miles to check his eyesight make you think something is really fishy about his story?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-warning-signs-gaslighting

33 minutes ago, Bagster said:
34 minutes ago, Bagster said:

With the greatest respect his ex had his child and he didn't have fake news stories about him being the architect of "herd immunity" and the resulting death threats!!

Where is the outrage there?

I don't understand what you are saying. I noticed you are mentioning outrage. I don't see outrage. I see the greater majority being told they are wrong. That isn't right. 

47 minutes ago, Bagster said:

The majority of the country don't really give a f..k but if MSM make enough of a fuss then they will get what they want.

oh dear, I do hope I have not scared him away by asking how he would know what the country thinks - given he doesn;t live here

....or maybe he is on the phone to 111 still 🤣

ps maybe RTB will now turn up

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

Didn't the part about him protecting his famil by driving them 30 miles to check his eyesight make you think something is really fishy about his story?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-warning-signs-gaslighting

Yes, I've already said so. I think it was possibly a combination of his wife's birthday & a test run on quiet roads after having had the virus. That's just a guess obviously.

Just now, ron obvious said:

Yes, I've already said so. I think it was possibly a combination of his wife's birthday & a test run on quiet roads after having had the virus. That's just a guess obviously.

perhaps he tried to run into a wall as well, to see if the brakes worked 😜

so, a point raised by Bill (me) is now being looked at by Hancock

ie the validity of fines imposed on people deemed to have broken the lock down

the refunds to be known as ' Cummings money'

one of the more amusing occurrences of breaking the lockdown has been various animals wondering into built upon areas

thankfully other pigs have not followed the lead of this one and broke the lockdown

Edited by Bill
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You can get home deliveries for everything nowadays.

Not been able to, click and collect is ok though😀

On 24/05/2020 at 14:06, T said:

The real question is why is Cummings so important to the hard right. Reality is that they don’t have ability or reality on their side so they are reliant on his ability to manipulate the public. Only problem is the public have recoiled when they have seen the full reality of Cummings exposed in public. 

The lunatic took over the asylum. It's weird reading this five years on now that the anti-establishment Cummings is the one running the show.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/11/eric-pickles-says-vote-leave-campaign-should-be-denied-lead-status

Vote Leave set up a fake company to allow two student protesters to gain entry to the CBI conference this week. Peter Lyon and Phil Sheppard unfurled a banner saying “CBI: Voice of Brussels” and chanted the same words, prompting the prime minister to mock them for foolish behaviour as they were led away by security guards.

Dominic Cummings, the former special adviser to Michael Gove who serves as campaign director of Vote Leave, launched a strong defence of his tactics and said companies that campaigned to stay in the EU were in his crosshairs. Cummings told the Daily Telegraph: “You think it is nasty? You ain’t seen nothing yet.”

The Telegraph quoted Cummings as saying: “These guys have failed the country, they are going to be under the magnifying glass. Tough ****. We are going to be tough about exposing the failure of the establishment – they can bleat that it is nasty because they don’t like scrutiny. It is going to be tough.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

– they can bleat that it is nasty because they don’t like scrutiny. It is going to be tough.”

unfortunately it is now you under the microscope

one that will undoubtedly look closer into why you think (or know) you are untouchable

who was funding in Leave, what connections does Johnson have with those same Russians - remember that investigation into Johnson is still to be published

and just as anything thing won by the gun has to be held by the gun -so anything won by lies has to held by lies

as stated, this is just the beginning...and no quibbling over which of Cummings lies are worse than others will alter that

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

You don't turn a blind eye to someone's wrong doings because of their political outlook. It really is that simple. 

Although Hancock can respect you more if you are a vicar

His was the best question though. He didn't question what Dominic Cummings had done. He questioned how the rules were interpreted for other people. It may be very difficult to answer without it appearing to be different rules for different people. We shall see. Or maybe not....

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

Shops anyone?

Presumably people start getting their jobs back. This is good 

I assume that the 2m rule is still in place?

Why can't pubs open with limited capacity, if other places can open?

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

His was the best question though. He didn't question what Dominic Cummings had done. He questioned how the rules were interpreted for other people. It may be very difficult to answer without it appearing to be different rules for different people. We shall see. Or maybe not....

He did admit after that it was a leading question regarding fairness in society.

3 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Why can't pubs open with limited capacity, if other places can open

Cos limited  capacity doesnt pay the Bills, let alone make a profit. 

There may be the odd exception, fully owned pubs with large rooms/ outside  spaces, other than them cant see how it's worth their while opening. 

3 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Presumably people start getting their jobs back. This is good 

I assume that the 2m rule is still in place?

Why can't pubs open with limited capacity, if other places can open?

Which is pretty much meaningless, and widely ignored now

However I suspect the difference is that pubs etc allow folk to remain in close proximity for long periods which has been flagged as one of the many dangers - hence the guff about masks now being quietly dropped,

Also people aren't in shops too long hence customers aren't required to wait too long outside in a queue whereas with a pub it would most likely encourage a rush to get in, and by it's nature have more troublesome customers to deal with

It's not going well is it? 

So obvious that the PM and Cabinet are in full "protect Dominic" mode. And so people will naturally start to question decisions like "shops opening" - is it justified, is it being done to deflect from this PR crisis because it is a "positive sign of progress" 

That is what happens when you trash all credibility. 

Update.jpg

Fines.jpg

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Cos limited  capacity doesnt pay the Bills, let alone make a profit. 

There may be the odd exception, fully owned pubs with large rooms/ outside  spaces, other than them cant see how it's worth their while opening. 

If only a limited number of pubs did open i guess there could be a rush and over crowding here regardless of advice.  Maybe the thinking is that it's all of nothing and not give the choice to pubs that could open?

I could do with a beer garden right now though...

Edited by Barbe bleu

6 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Far too early for me.

Does seem very early but they gave data from swden and germany to guide them. 

If the spread is mainly institutional and if these are contained I cant see much harm would arise from careful relaxation..

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

It's not going well is it? 

So obvious that the PM and Cabinet are in full "protect Dominic" mode. And so people will naturally start to question decisions like "shops opening" - is it justified, is it being done to deflect from this PR crisis because it is a "positive sign of progress" 

That is what happens when you trash all credibility.

And far from this all blowing over as the rightys have tried to project, we have

"A SavantaComRes survey showed the prime minister’s net approval rating had fallen 20 points, down from 19 to -1, over the course of four days during the Cummings crisis. Polling for YouGov found 71% of people said Cummings did break lockdown rules, slightly up from 68% when asked on Saturday. It found this was the majority view across voters from all major parties and among both leavers and remainers."

With the number of Tory MPs publicly calling for Cummings to resign up to 24

And with the now almost certainty that the transition period will have to be extended the new slogan will soon be

'Get him out'

29 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

He’s going to look at it and review it before giving a full answer. I’d have thought he could quite clearly have come out and said that if you were travelling for childcare purposes you shouldn’t have been fined. That’s what we were told yesterday. Why does he need to think about it?

On 24/05/2020 at 14:06,  T said:

The real question is why is Cummings so important to the hard right. Reality is that they don’t have ability or reality on their side so they are reliant on his ability to manipulate the public. Only problem is the public have recoiled when they have seen the full reality of Cummings exposed in public. 

The real question is why you keep bleating on about Brexiteers who you label as the hard right when you should grow up and accept that many of us were just fed up with the corrupt, self-serving panjandrums that populate the EU.

2 hours ago, Bagster said:

The majority of the country don't really give a f..k but if MSM make enough of a fuss then they will get what they want.

Ah well you have just described the entire problem with "populist politics" ... it's been a problem every time it's been tried as eventually the ringleaders lose control to the mob... so live by the (verbal) sword, die by the (verbal) sword. No sympathy there I'm afraid....

• Haha 1