Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

@ Bill -

Dominic Cummings is not a politician and therefore is not required to fall on his sword as a politician might have to do - and if anyone thinks that Boris had any credibility before this, then they must be pretty deluded, he has merely been behaving like the buffoon he always has been.

6 hours ago, Indy said:

Just for an example imagine the stick had this been say Jack Grealish! I’m sure people wouldn’t be so understanding!

Abso effing  lutely  Indyo,  I was gonna suggest Raheem Sterling  rather than Grealish  but the outcry would be the same.

It stinks, 2 birthdays, no refuelling, no wee stops . No mention of the trip(s)by his talented writer wife. A test drive with bad eyesight. Etc etc.

To quote a song: If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

Theyve already done for a lot of the Grandparents. 

These slimy liars must be stopped or it will be worse for everyone  except them and their  chums. 

All it takes  For evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. The UK must mobilise  against them or you WILL pay the price  . Wake up Britain.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

This child excuse is pushing things to a limit beyond what was intended, sometimes we need to go behind the regulations and look at their intention, the slight relaxation in relation to children was intended in the main to deal with situations  where children were at risk due to being in lockdown and in an abusive environment, Cummings has twisted this beyond the intention.

Totally agree

"In a hour-long press conference yesterday Mr Cummings appealed for the public’s understanding over his decision to drive more than 260 miles with his wife and child as the coronavirus pandemic was at its most ferocious.

Polling carried out by YouGov immediately after his extraordinary appearance showed that 71 per cent of Britons believed Mr Cummings had broken the rules, up from 68 per cent on Saturday."

Edited by Van wink

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

@ Bill -

Dominic Cummings is not a politician and therefore is not required to fall on his sword as a politician might have to do - and if anyone thinks that Boris had any credibility before this, then they must be pretty deluded, he has merely been behaving like the buffoon he always has been.

The real question is not should he resign after supposedly breaking the law he played a part in drafting.

The point is that he and a number of others blatantly set out to cover this up - therein lies the real 'crime'.

That it appears connivance with this deceit goes right to the top puts the government in a real serious position. As said, Archer went down for perjury, as did the former Lib Dem energy secretary and his ex-wife........and it was lying in court that sent Aitken to prison also.

You really don't seem to understand the gravity of what has been done here, as you seem fixated with the ludicrous excuse Cummings has been putting up for his actions. Whatever he did, or not, matters little when compared to the 'conspiracy' to cover this up. Who was the No 10 spokesman who lied about the police. Who was the whip who sent misleading information the cabinet embers on Sat morning. As both knew they were lying, with the intention of a cover up.

And if you think that such blatant deceit will be viewed as 'old news' then you are seriously deluded - and perhaps you should look at how long it took to deal with an MP eventually jailed " perverting the course of justice". and the consequences, as this story has barely begun.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51559944

There is another side to this if you care to take a break from your outrage 

DC is anti austerity, pro investment, anti homelessness.

He has never joined the conservative party and has refused to earn more than a 100k a year as he believes that is enough for any man.

He is also very pro the environment and wants to get the best people from around the world to formulate policy.

He also wants massive and needed reform to our civil service.

You're going to sacrifice that and what you going to replace it with. You might not like him but he is a very bright man.

There are many Tories that hate his spending and want him gone. Looks like you lot are going to step up and do them a favour.

Well done

• Like 1

Check this out: the last paragraph where the world's most powerful supercomputer says that the season should be cancelled and started anew:

https://utrf.tennessee.edu/utrf-inventor-spotlight-dr-jeremy-smith/

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

I thought they all came back together?

I don't understand the hospital point.

'Convenient excuse'. You seem to think he did it as a joyride.

I doubt he was happy about any of it. And the risk to his niece was absolutely miniscule. Far less than anyone who would've had to help him out in London

I didn't say it was a joyride. What I was implying was that he used it as a reason to give his family an advantage when he realised that if he had played by the rules he 'may', because he seconded guessed if his wife puking up that morning was getting Covid (If so, why did he return to work and risk people to exposure?) have to stay in London?. 

His niece was very understanding that the reason her cousin was brought up to her, for childcare, was because Cummings thought he and/or his wife have/or had symptoms of Covid. That morning his wife was ill, and yet he still drove her all the way to Durham that evening. the next morning Cummings was very ill (he said he clearly had Covid symptoms, but he's never been tested to confirm) . No one is immune from it, no matter what age. You'd take the same risk with your niece I take it?

As has been said the child rules were not for those who 'might' get Covid. Durham was not Cummings primary residence, additional pressures on communities, etc etc.

No problem with anyone wanting to put their kids first before country, but , on this unique situation, millions have put country before their kids. 

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

@ Bill -

Neither was Neil Ferguson or the Scottish Chief Medical Officer whose name just escapes me at the moment, but they did and unlike Cummings they both issued genuine sounding apologies instead of the total fairy story that has Cummings has produced.

You still keep talking relentlessly about extenuating circumstance even though the legislation only allows for exceptional circumstance and you have yet to produce one single example of what was in any way exceptional (or extenuating) compared to the thousands of families in exactly the same situation who obeyed the rules - so I suggest that you put up or shut up!

• Like 1

They suspected the child had Covid too. What are the procedures in those circumstances? How do you get a child to hospital? I'd imagine the hospital would have procedures in place which would apply to the mother as well as the child. At that point getting the niece involved wouldn't have helped - she'd have had to self isolate as well.

If you suspect you or a member of the family has the symptoms then you first phone 111, not go to hospital.

27 minutes ago, Bagster said:

There is another side to this if you care to take a break from your outrage 

DC is anti austerity, pro investment, anti homelessness.

He has never joined the conservative party and has refused to earn more than a 100k a year as he believes that is enough for any man.

He is also very pro the environment and wants to get the best people from around the world to formulate policy.

He also wants massive and needed reform to our civil service.

You're going to sacrifice that and what you going to replace it with. You might not like him but he is a very bright man.

There are many Tories that hate his spending and want him gone. Looks like you lot are going to step up and do them a favour.

Well done

You don't turn a blind eye to someone's wrong doings because of their political outlook. It really is that simple. 

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

They suspected the child had Covid too. What are the procedures in those circumstances? How do you get a child to hospital? I'd imagine the hospital would have procedures in place which would apply to the mother as well as the child. At that point getting the niece involved wouldn't have helped - she'd have had to self isolate as well.

If you suspect you or a member of the family has the symptoms then you first phone 111, not go to hospital.

My brother phoned 111 , it took 5 days of trying to get an answer

You don't turn a blind eye to someone's wrong doings because of their political outlook. It really is that simple. 

Although Hancock can respect you more if you are a vicar

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Must confess I'm worn down by the DC issue. Over and out for me on this.

It will not blow away easily or perhaps ever, but I think everyone has had their views well and truly communicated.

Only so much I can take before needing some elixir (just seen your cartoon VW so at least a smile there).

Some good to come out of this. Marina Hyde has one of her phrases trending on twitter. "Johnson's Hasselhoff".

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

What did he do then that was so bad, did he rape someone?

No you lot are doing what you are programmed to do

Two minutes of hate!!! 

I'm so outraged!!!

The majority of the country don't really give a f..k but if MSM make enough of a fuss then they will get what they want.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Give up mate

you might as well try to have a rational discussion with some ISIS member as to whether blowing people up is a reasoned action

Righties are fundamentalists - devoid of reason, relying upon unquestioning belief

another rightie nutter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8357185/Husband-Reopen-North-Carolina-leader-warns-willing-kill-fight-covid-19-order.html

3 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Two minutes of hate!!! 

I'm so outraged!!!

The majority of the country don't really give a f..k but if MSM make enough of a fuss then they will get what they want.

Wow you are outraged aren't you. SIX EXCLAMATION MARKS. Goodness me.

Get a grip.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bagster said:

Cummins could  have used his clout,no doubt. The trip was unnecessary. It coincided with his wife's and his mums birthdays.  Just listened to Edwina Curry try to defend him, unwittingly  threw him under a bus by trying to deflect....unemployment, more important issues, she didnt even know that neither he or his wife were tested.  Death by a thousand cuts.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But that was what we were told to do.

With the greatest respect his ex had his child and he didn't have fake news stories about him being the architect of "herd immunity" and the resulting death threats!!

Where is the outrage there?

2 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Two minutes of hate!!! 

I'm so outraged!!!

Given that you don't live in thus country how on earth do you know ?

and 71% of them agree that Cummings broke the law

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And children generally are at the least risk of harm from Covid so why go to hospital anyway, unless the child has underlying health problems.

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Wow you are outraged aren't you. SIX EXCLAMATION MARKS. Goodness me.

Get a grip.

it's only hand crank, he does get so excited

he'll start using four letter words soon

14 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Was it a boil or a spot in the end?

15 minutes ago, Bagster said:

so you know what your brother was doing on that day in question.... two months ago ?

yet no media source has reported any delay in contacting 111 nevermind your absurd claim of 5 days

because the truth is hand crank you are making this up to try desperately to defend a fellow righty

you even told us (above) that you know what the country cares about - while claiming that you don't even live in this country

you've been caught out numerous time on here peddling your lies - and even someone unable to drive to Barnard Castle because of poor eyesight can see through your absurd made up ****

42 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Neither was Neil Ferguson or the Scottish Chief Medical Officer whose name just escapes me at the moment, but they did and unlike Cummings they both issued genuine sounding apologies instead of the total fairy story that has Cummings has produced.

You still keep talking relentlessly about extenuating circumstance even though the legislation only allows for exceptional circumstance and you have yet to produce one single example of what was in any way exceptional (or extenuating) compared to the thousands of families in exactly the same situation who obeyed the rules - so I suggest that you put up or shut up!

Ferguson went to meet his lover. One would suspect for the purposes of mutual entertainment.

The Scottish lady went to her second home, more than once I believe, for no other reason that she preferred it there.

Thousands of other families were not in that situation. They didn't have the option.

I think I'll leave you lot to your rantings about something that you can't do anything about. The politicians and powers that be in Westminster don't resign when they have done something wrong, so it should be no surprise that Cummings was not forced to resign. 

There may be some truth in what he said, it may have been a pack of lies, it may have been be twisting of the facts to come up with a story that fits the timescales.....truth is we will probably never know. That he should not have done it is an easy thing to say, but if you are in fear about your situation, as he and his wife may genuinely have been, you might act in a way that may not be particularly rational or sensible.

If he had come out and said, yes, I did it, but I don't regret it because it was what I felt was right at the time for the safety of my family, then some people might actually have some sympathy for that view.......oh, wait a minute, that is what he did say........

Yes, thousands, millions of people did not have that option to do what he did - and it doesn't make it right - but just if there is a small amount of truth in a very scary situation where all those close around you are getting infected - then I think his action, if not justifiable, had some logic to it.

15 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

And children generally are at the least risk of harm from Covid so why go to hospital anyway, unless the child has underlying health problems.

They usually have very mild symptoms. He was throwing up & both his parents had suspected Covid. I think I'd have taken my child to hospital under the circumstances.

I think i few on here should realise that the demise of BJ and Cummings will not lead to a Labour Govt anytime soon.

Now back to Coronavirus which believe is the topic of the thread and before City1st launches into one of his plod routines maybe he could answer the lies he posted which i am still waiting for him to explain.