Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

The first group Mr A.

Unfortunately.

Do you receive weekly updates from the NHS and if so did the last one advise you to stockĀ up on food? This was what prompted me to ask my friend.

Didnā€™t get deleted quickly enough not to have been picked up on..

Ā 

Edited by JF

Just now, Mr Angry said:

Do you receive weekly updates from the NHS and if so did the last one advise you to stockĀ up on food? This was what prompted me to ask my friend.

No, I have to fill in a form online every day. You answer a simple yes / no to , have you got a fever or cough and if you have sufficient food and medication for at least three days. AlsoĀ  do you need anyone to contact you for any reason, medical, social etc.

Initially they asked me if I wanted regular phone calls every week but since I have already organised things I did not ask for this to continue beyond the first two weeks.

54 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I have resisted becoming active in the Labour Party because I have done my share in the past. But now, I will do everything I can to attend local meetings (obviously its OK to go to them now) and do what I can to oust this complete and utter sihthead.

I just emailed my (utter ****head) of a ToryĀ MP saying that if he fails to condemn this then I will actively work to make sure he's never elected here again as I want an MP with a spine, not one who works on what is politically convenient.

58 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Who knows

There may be more to come.

Bet seems lost.

If I was choreographing this I'd wait until tonight.

Cummings gets 'exonerated' at 5pm and then falls on his sword for the good of the party.Ā 

Anything else and all the criticism will be more than deserved; followed by the court of public opinion with a hanging jury.

Ā 

I just emailed my (utter ****head) of a ToryĀ MP saying that if he fails to condemn this then I will actively work to make sure he's never elected here again as I want an MP with a spine, not one who works on what is politically convenient.

Here is mine. And Mrs KG has sent one similar.

Dear Secretary of State

I am contacting you to express my anger at the way the Prime Minister has handled the Dominic Cummings affair.
At a time when the country is looking for a leader it appears your Party elected a spinelessĀ person who might think it is OK to be loyal to his cronies but is in fact disloyal to the nation particularly those who sacrificed so much in the last few months and have paid the ultimate price.
I notice that you have made more appearances at briefings than the PM. Therefore I ask you as my MP to call for the resignationĀ of the Prime Minister.
Ā 
Kind Regards
Ā 

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Boris backing Cummings is good news for meĀ 

If IĀ  need to return to the UK for an family emergency, I have no need for 14 days quarantine and can travel freely. When questioned by the police, I simply declare it to be a "Cummings journey"

Am IĀ  right?

šŸ˜Ž

Makes sure you have symptoms as well else it won'tĀ count.

There it is... Cummings car Reg is confirmed to have been inĀ Barnards Castle... Sky news confirmed.... Lib Dem local councillor has reported to police which was required to trigger the police investigation - thereā€™s mileage in this yet.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Who knows

There may be more to come.

Bet seems lost.

You should have factored in more stronglyĀ what one of Johnsonā€™s ex-mistresses said about him, that backed into a corner, ifĀ the easiest solution,Ā at least in the short term, was to lie then that was what he would do...šŸ¤“

This is starting to get juicy boys. When your bet comes in Ricardo(o) , do youĀ have a shock absorbing seat post on your bike? I cannibalizedĀ  one and my bike is a new comfortableĀ  beast , it's a 25 year old mtĀ  bike, no suspension but that seat post has changed my life.Ā  Its made piles of difference !!!šŸ˜‰

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

As the summer arrives...IMG_20191011_184854.thumb.jpg.fb2232ee382f3fcd5a6c4469a18f2fe4.jpg

Two more shady a looking characters you would you would ever likely to see.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

There it is... Cummings car Reg is confirmed to have been inĀ Barnards Castle... Sky news confirmed.... Lib Dem local councillor has reported to police which was required to trigger the police investigation - thereā€™s mileage in this yet.

Oh yeah, this is not over by a long way .... Starmer for one is on it, and the British press have tasted blood.

Meanwhile,Ā in US idiotsĀ are having a party to celebrateĀ Boris'Ā smack down of theĀ fake news outlets Ā šŸ™‚

( I suspect the UK lock down is going to go a little better than this Trump demandedĀ US "reopening" )Ā 

Ā 

Wouldnā€™t it have been better for everyone involved if Boris came out and said Cummings had done what he thought was best for his child but had unacceptably broken the law and breached the governmentā€™s own guidelines?Ā 

Cummings gets a public slap on the wrist, carriesĀ on behind the scenes butĀ keeping his head down for a bit - and gets a bit of sympathy as Iā€™m sure lots of people sympathise with wanting to do whatā€™s best for their kids and family. Boris shows a bit of backbone and the coronavirus message still looks strong.Ā 

Instead, theyā€™ve basically said theyā€™ll do what they want why we have to abide by their rules, and when they get caught out theyā€™ll suggest anyone who has followed their guidelines when ill with kids is an irresponsible parent for not breaking the law, and travelling 200 miles so your kids could be closer to their elderly more at risk grandparents.Ā 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Wouldnā€™t it have been better for everyone involved if Boris came out and said Cummings had done what he thought was best for his child but had unacceptably broken the law and breached the governmentā€™s own guidelines?Ā 

Cummings gets a public slap on the wrist, carriesĀ on behind the scenes butĀ keeping his head down for a bit - and gets a bit of sympathy as Iā€™m sure lots of people sympathise with wanting to do whatā€™s best for their kids and family. Boris shows a bit of backbone and the coronavirus message still looks strong.Ā 

Instead, theyā€™ve basically said theyā€™ll do what they want why we have to abide by their rules, and when they get caught out theyā€™ll suggest anyone who has followed their guidelines when ill with kids is an irresponsible parent for not breaking the law, and travelling 200 miles so your kids could be closer to their elderly more at risk grandparents.Ā 

Yes it surprised me that they didnt pull the New Labour stroke. Lengthy enquiry until most have forgotten what its about then a slap on the wrists and back on the job. Simple but effective.

5 minutes ago, Aggy said:

The short answer is Yes. Honesty always the best route to take. People think of you better. Now, we have probably weeks of distraction, argument. Tory MPs' mailboxes are full of emailed complaints and there is a lot of anger in-house.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes it surprised me that they didnt pull the New Labour stroke. Lengthy enquiry until most have forgotten what its about then a slap on the wrists and back on the job. Simple but effective.

Havenā€™t they just pulled that one with priti patel?Ā 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Oh yeah, this is not over by a long way .... Starmer for one is on it, and the British press have tasted blood.

Meanwhile,Ā in US idiotsĀ are having a party to celebrateĀ Boris'Ā smack down of theĀ fake news outlets Ā šŸ™‚

( I suspect the UK lock down is going to go a little better than this Trump demandedĀ US "reopening" )Ā 

Ā 

Covid 19 Soup?

I've come to the conclusion that there is aĀ new long termĀ effect and symptom of Covid19. Mental incapacity.

Its the only kind explanation left as to how Cummings, and then Johnson and it appears many of the cabinet have acted in the way they have.

10 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

This has been an excellent, educational thread from which I have learned a great deal. And accordingly have mainly just read and not posted, and steered clear of getting into the politics of it all.

But anyone who thinks it is possible to understand any of this, whether in the UK or in any country around the world, without taking account of politics, in all its forms, including as here the symbolism of otherwise trivial events, is being hopelessly naive. Politics is in everything, and this pandemic is no exception.

I didn't need proof of the above but I got it anyway. Perhaps now posters who have been desperately claiming that politicsĀ  should be left out of this global tragedy will have the sense to keep quiet for a while.

Perhaps a bit of physical distance helps, not least in not following every local omnishabolic move of this potemkin 'government', but to spell it out - any other supposedly serious country across the world fighting this pandemic would have blanched at the idea of copying today's lying pantomime.Ā  The awful reality for the UK is that no-one was particularly surprised.

• Like 2

Goodness, you know something is up when #eventhemail is trending.

Seriously, what we are witnessing is quite extraordinary.Ā 

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

...Tory MPs' mailboxes are full of emailed complaints and there is a lot of anger in-house.

Yup.Ā A very measured response here from one of those Tory MP's Ā .. have a read through it.Ā 

Ā 

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nice to watch the Tories imploding this quickly.

No it isn't.Ā  It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that this was the kind of government we were going to get, yet millions of people gleefully switched over to them because they thought they were going to get their beloved brexit.Ā  Well the battle for what kind of brexit we are going to get hasn't really got under way yet and the way the present bunch are handling things, I wouldn't get too excited about brexit plans and the negotiations with the EU, who still hold all the cards......

• Like 2

The alternative was a racist IRAĀ loving Corbyn

I wondered when that one was going to see the light of day. Don't forget Jew hating Terrorist lover.

Ā 

Ā