Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Grrrrrrr

Never underestimate Johnson's lack of integrity, my friend.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Grrrrrrr 

I still fancy your bet to pay out Ricardo.

There's bound to be a huge backlash over this rather predictable development and I'm sure the media will be busy digging around for other stuff to pin on Cummings.

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

There's bound to be a huge backlash over this rather predictable development and I'm sure the media will be busy digging around for other stuff to pin on Cummings.

I would wager they'll find something if they look hard enough - I'd be pretty confident he has skeletons in the closet. He may have covered his tracks well but dig hard enough and he will come unstuck somewhere for something

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It only stands until end of May so I lose if he hangs on beyond next weekend.

29 minutes ago, ricardo said:

No mate, not yet, perhaps there is something in the post. I worked out June 15th was the 12 week limit but it may have changed for some.

As you know I have admitted to being slightly naughty by going out a couple of times last week on my bike because I was getting a bit fed up with it. I have however been extremely careful and gone at very quiet times. No doubt the cutain twitchers spotted me so I may be in trouble😉

Are you in the ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ group, or have you been advised to stay in just because of age?
I have a friend who was a civil servant until he retired on Friday-he had been advising the Government on Covid and he said on Thursday that the clinically extremely vulnerable group will shortly be advised to extend their lockdown to a period of 6 months.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Never underestimate Johnson's lack of integrity, my friend.

Oh I really had hoped posters would not resort to cheap political point-scoring over this purely personal incident...

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Good news for Labour - the longer Cummings stays now he is toxic to the public, the better.

Think that’s wishful thinking personally kio, public have super short memories.

Once it leaves the 24 hour news cycle it’s gone. 

Just now, Mr Angry said:

Are you in the ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ group, or have you been advised to stay in just because of age?
I have a friend who was a civil servant until he retired on Friday-he had been advising the Government on Covid and he said on Thursday that the clinically extremely vulnerable group will shortly be advised to extend their lockdown to a period of 6 months.

The first group Mr A.

Unfortunately.

Just now, Monty13 said:

Think that’s wishful thinking personally kio, public have super short memories.

Once it leaves the 24 hour news cycle it’s gone. 

There will be more to come. I don't think this will be the end of Cummings in the news cycle. Boris backing this particular horse will be disastrous if any of the journos do dig up anything on Cummings (as I think they probably will). Especially if it turns out the Mirror or whoever have got more on this particular story.

Just now, kick it off said:

There will be more to come. I don't think this will be the end of Cummings in the news cycle. Boris backing this particular horse will be disastrous if any of the journos do dig up anything on Cummings (as I think they probably will). Especially if it turns out the Mirror or whoever have got more on this particular story.

With over 4 years to the next general election, not sure it matters much.

52 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Greece are controlling it at the airports - they don't need track and trace because they dealt with it swiftly and responsibly. Quarantine on arrival until a test has proven you're clear of Covid. I outlined their system a page or two back. That's why they had less cases and less deaths during the entire pandemic, than we had yesterday. They've had a decade of financial crisis and their healthcare system is very low capacity. An outbreak would be a disaster so doubt they'll take any risks with who they let in.

Not sure on Italy and Spain's track and trace, but Turkey have an incredibly well developed system from decades of doing it for measles outbreaks. They just had a clip about it on BBC news - they have 1200 teams (of 2) on the streets of Istanbul track and tracing daily. Residents call up if they have symptoms and they have track and trace team out to test them on the doorstep within 24 hours.

Yes, thanks for that kio.

I do remember seeing that about Greece. I still believe that they will be letting UK tourists into their country and to the Islands sometime in July. I believe that to be true of Spain and Italy too.

I wasn't aware of the system in Turkey, I should have been - my bloody sister lives there 😂

Boris backing Cummings is good news for me 

If I  need to return to the UK for an family emergency, I have no need for 14 days quarantine and can travel freely. When questioned by the police, I simply declare it to be a "Cummings journey"

Am I  right?

😎

• Thanks 1

Well at least someone will be getting sacked tomorrow!! 

Edited by JF

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Pish up round at my place tonight. Stay the night if a Taxi is too expensive.

A bit steep from here KG😁

Should I bring a bottle 🍾

So we have Cummings mother

Date of birth
April 1949

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/0FzzyO7Qou37JTo89Pr9D8Ros-g/appointments

certainly not a reason to travel up there, or have arrangements made ahead of the lockdown then blocked....of course not 🙄

and his wife's side of the family (in London) could not help, could they ?

if nothing wrong then why the cover up ?

did Johnson know that someone from No.10 was lying, by claiming what the police stated was not true ?

seems to have turned into an awful lot of foot stamping ...what say you, Ricardo ?

I have resisted becoming active in the Labour Party because I have done my share in the past. But now, I will do everything I can to attend local meetings (obviously its OK to go to them now) and do what I can to oust this complete and utter sihthead.

4 minutes ago, JF said:

Well at least someone will be getting sacked tomorrow!! 

Tweet deleted - what did it say?

Just now, kick it off said:

Tweet deleted - what did it say?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Greece are controlling it at the airports - they don't need track and trace because they dealt with it swiftly and responsibly. Quarantine on arrival until a test has proven you're clear of Covid. I outlined their system a page or two back. That's why they had less cases and less deaths during the entire pandemic, than we had yesterday. They've had a decade of financial crisis and their healthcare system is very low capacity. An outbreak would be a disaster so doubt they'll take any risks with who they let in.

Not sure on Italy and Spain's track and trace, but Turkey have an incredibly well developed system from decades of doing it for measles outbreaks. They just had a clip about it on BBC news - they have 1200 teams (of 2) on the streets of Istanbul track and tracing daily. Residents call up if they have symptoms and they have track and trace team out to test them on the doorstep within 24 hours.

Greece only announced quarantine on arrival on 16 march. By this point I would imagine that the passenger numbers had already fallen quite considerably.

Possibly a reason for low numbers but not the only or most important one.    I suspect that having Geography and population movements on their side is probably the main reason for their comparative success.  I guess though that we'll never know for sure.

To answer Mark's earlier point I imagine that most countries will have contact tracing well resourced by now. Its tried and tested and relatively cheap and easy. 

Edited by Barbe bleu

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

For dcikhead who normally likes to talk a lot, he was very brief. Take out the I, I, I, I, and it lasted about ten minutes.

Wiffle **** together waffle Jeffrey Barnard, Barbara Castle, piffle bluebells over the white thing to do at Dover, keep them out paffle.................errr whiffle (have I mentioned that) ...stay at second homes wiffle... piffle looking after your child...wiffle, not me guv paffle fight them over claims of breaches...finest hour waffle, Matt Hancock's half hour...umm yes ...more testing, one two three.... car owners virus...waffle hoarding pasta, Durham wheat, yes Durham wheat... food piffle Silly Con Party, ........