Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Indeed, amazing how people are interested in such minutiae. Politicians were no different back in the day its just that we didn't  hear of any misdemeanours  until they were long gone. John Major and Edwina Curry springs to mind and there was also much speculation about Wilson and Marcia Falkender.

Of the three who recently got caught out I had more sympathy with Ferguson missing out on his nuptials. I supose if you put yourself in the public eye you have to live with the consequences.

Don't forget we knew nothing about Boothby and Kray. We knew about Boothby and Supermac's wife but heterosexual was permitted.

I remember George Brown asking Wilson what he wanted to do with the Homosexual Bill and Wilson said pay it.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Indeed, amazing how people are interested in such minutiae.

A PM caught up in a cover up ...... is minutia ?

You become more absurd with every post

Brexit, PMQS,Tony Blair,John smith, cummings and goings and what his wife said ,John major, WMDS,The Russia report

Hard right nationalists are better in germany.

End on a Monty python reference, look around for the next fight and go back to the brexit thread

.....perspective tells me I've heard of all this kind of thing before (Cummings) and it will happen again. It's about idealism and realism and how much one gives up of the former.

Lovely, lovely photo of Dom out in front of his London house today saying he cares nothing for what it looks like, the "optics". And there he is holding a child's football.

You have to admire the sheer marketing masterclass of it. 

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't forget we knew nothing about Boothby and Kray. We knew about Boothby and Supermac's wife but heterosexual was permitted.

I remember George Brown asking Wilson what he wanted to do with the Homosexual Bill and Wilson said pay it..

Make a mistake, own up and resign and it is 'yesterdays chip paper;

Try to deny it, attempt a cover up and the harm is multiplied....if only that you come under closer scrutiny, as with Profumo.

That lesson is well-known. By Johnson having been sacked very quickly when caught out lying previously.

If Johnson is not able to sack Cummings, then the question remains

Who is really uin charfe at number 10 ?

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I remember George Brown asking Wilson what he wanted to do with the Homosexual Bill and Wilson said pay it.

Yes, Boothby always seemed like a slimy toad but none of the bi sexual stuff was known at the time. Its usually **** with the tories eg Profumo, Parkinson etc and money with Labour, Robert Maxwell, John Stonehouse.

Funny that.

12 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Brexit, PMQS,Tony Blair,John smith, cummings and goings and what his wife said ,John major, WMDS,The Russia report

Hard right nationalists are better in germany.

End on a Monty python reference, look around for the next fight and go back to the brexit thread

Mengele, Crippen, Jack the Ripper, Ghengis Khan, Peter Sutcliffe................. err, that is the defence case for Dennis Neilson, m'lud

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Lovely, lovely photo of Dom out in front of his London house today saying he cares nothing for what it looks like, the "optics". And there he is holding a child's football.

His bike looked at bit small. I imagine he is taking his youngster out. I will pish myself if a bobby fines him for being out.

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

His bike looked at bit small. I imagine he is taking his youngster out. I will pish myself if a bobby fines him for being out.

Think he was yes, it's a special bike. But it's the whole choreographed look isn't it. Reminds me of the Boris Johnson and Carrie Symmonds photo in a park staring at each other after that shouting match at his former house when neighbours reported him to the police.

Such positioning! It's a skill. And as mentioned above, under Blair it all started (spin).

Edited by sonyc

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

it is a cycling helmet, and he puts the kids bike in the boot

sadly some irreverent journalist does not follow Ricardo's cap doffing deference and asks

"how far are you going today, mr cummings ? " 😄

Just now, sonyc said:

Think he was yes, it's a special bike. But it's the whole choreographed look isn't it. Reminds me of the Boris Johnson and Carrie Symmonds photo in a park staring at each other after that shouting match at his former house when neighbours reported him to the police. It's a skill. And as mentioned above, under Blair it all started (spin).

no, it;s been going on for yonks - only now it has to be done far more

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes, Boothby always seemed like a slimy toad but none of the bi sexual stuff was known at the time. Its usually **** with the tories eg Profumo, Parkinson etc and money with Labour, Robert Maxwell, John Stonehouse.

Funny that.

Neil Hamilton and Keith Vaz should have switched parties then.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

it is a cycling helmet, and he puts the kids bike in the boot

sadly some irreverent journalist does not follow Ricardo's cap doffing deference and asks

"how far are you going today, mr cummings ? " 😄

Defending him am I?

When Ive already said I dont give  **** and have had 2-1 him going.

Looks like i am going to lose my money.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Neil Hamilton and Keith Vaz should have switched parties then.

Thats why I qualified it with "usually"

• Like 1

Hancock and Raab now have come out in support of Dom. 

Ps. Wonder if people who got fines under lockdown for breaking the rules can now reclaim?

Edited by sonyc

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Defending him am I?

When Ive already said I dont give  **** and have had 2-1 him going.

Looks like i am going to lose my money.

mwrginks the laddie doth protest too loudly

meanwhile some may recall the outrage sparked on here when I said that I had travelled to my brothers

chief among the self righteous was our old friend, the neighbourhood plod, who wailed about him not being able to visit his grandchildren because of the lockdown

perhaps he would like to express his outrage on this matter

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Which betting company are offering 2/1 ? Can’t find odds anywhere on this market.

Went to 2-1 with Starsports.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

meanwhile some may recall the outrage sparked on here when I said that I had travelled to my brothers

chief among the self righteous was our old friend, the neighbourhood plod, who wailed about him not being able to visit his grandchildren because of the lockdown

That is a lie so stop making guff up.

49 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t mind talking about government lying, when are we discussing Tony Blair?

Please don’t go there, this thread is about CoronaVirus and this Cummings story is relevant to that - the lockdown, telling the truth and the scientific and political advise to the Government are all critical issues that will effect the outcome for the country, just as much as PPE, NHS capacity and new vaccines.

Edited by Surfer

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

mwrginks the laddie doth protest too loudly

perhaps he would like to express his outrage on this matter

I think you've cornered the outrage market.😉

It's really very simple.

I suspect the final humiliation will be when all the members of Sage resign including thre CMO etc if Cummings is still in post by Monday. Some people have some morals and principals and will have to make a stand.

The papers and interviews tomorrow will frankly crucify him and by extension Johnson. If there is a cover up too then Johnson himself is a target for resignation.

By the way - did anybody else catch CV-19 in Durham due to the visit ? Prove they didtn't !

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

At least the Liberals went both barrels and murder🧐

But they missed and upset the dog lovers brigade.😁

Reminds of that poster that said vote Liberal and someone had scrawled underneath "or we'll shoot your dog".

Edited by ricardo