Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The fact that we already voluntarily walk around with a GPS tracking device which can record our voice at any time is precisely why they don't need to microchip us. 

What would it actually achieve. Somebody would work out that we have all been chipped, then we'd all refuse to get our (new) kids vaccinated, and dozens of deadly diseases like polio would make a comeback? 

This particular conspiracy theory makes no sense.

You aren't all going to be microchipped, chill. 

Ps. Why does Elon Musk get a free pass in all this conspiracy nonsense, Bill Gates gets crucified.... But surely his satellites are going up to monitor all the new microchips, his businesses are built on US government grants. Let's at least make the conspiracy theories interesting! 

Not sure where you've gone with that post TVB 

I was responding to this.

34 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, what's happened in 7 years is more surveillance, I would never own an Alexa and my webcam is covered with sticky tape. 

22 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The fact that we already voluntarily walk around with a GPS tracking device which can record our voice at any time is precisely why they don't need to microchip us. 

What would it actually achieve. Somebody would work out that we have all been chipped, then we'd all refuse to get our (new) kids vaccinated, and dozens of deadly diseases like polio would make a comeback? 

Ps. Why does Elon Musk get a free pass in all this conspiracy nonsense, Bill Gates gets crucified.... But surely his satellites are going up to monitor all the new microchips, his businesses are built on US government grants. Let's at least make the conspiracy theories interesting! 

I’m also intrigued to know what conspiracy nonsense Elon Musk has said 

32 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Your washing machine and toaster is spying on you 🙂

Too much armchair paranoia and conspiracy theorists on here at present. If the intelligence agencies were 1% as good or as intrusive as some-think we wouldn't have 1/2 the problems we do! 

I'm sure they track persons of of interest but won't be too worried about the average nutter on here!

Edited by Yellow Fever
How did they 'miss' Snowden ?
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m also intrigued to know what conspiracy nonsense Elon Musk has said 

I didn't claim that Elon Musk had said anything. 

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Too much armchair paranoia and conspiracy theorists on here at present. If the intelligence agencies were 1% as good or as intrusive as some-think we wouldn't have 1/2 the problems we do! 

I'm sure they track persons of of interest but won't be too worried about the average nutter on here!

Ok boomer 

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I didn't claim that Elon Musk had said anything. 

You said Elon musk gets a free pass on conspiracy’s 

29 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You can’t equate anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorist to mass surveillance and data misuse.

Security services don't even have enough resources to effectively monitor the 3000 people on the terror watchlist so I'd love to know which half a billion people are employed to keep an eye on the other 6.5 billion when the police don't even have the resources to investigate a burglary. 

Most of this data collected by the likes of Googl and Amazon is used to serve you relevant ads, they are both in the game of selling your eyes to advertisers.

The police and government really don't care when you are having a **** or when you are working on your allotment, unless you are suspected to have killed somebody or carry out a big cash heist... at which point they'd become very interested. 

Political and activist groups aside, who probably should fear infiltration and oppression. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Bit of fly fishing wouldn't go amiss. I caught a lovely Salmon once. Called him Rushdie.

Was that Rushdie damn thing home and cook it while its fresh?

My mrs informs me , the larger one I caught was called Pike Milligan.😦👍🎣

Edited by wcorkcanary

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You said Elon musk gets a free pass on conspiracy’s 

Well surely if people believe that we're going to be microchipped then the logical extrapolation is that he's currently putting 1000 satellites into space to provide the infrastructure to do the tracking and monitoring bit. 

But I guess conspiracy theorists aren't good at joining up dots to make their stories interesting. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Security services don't even have enough resources to effectively monitor the 3000 people on the terror watchlist so I'd love to know which half a billion people are employed to keep an eye on the other 6.5 billion when the police don't even have the resources to investigate a burglary. 

Most of this data collected by the likes of Googl and Amazon is used to serve you relevant ads, they are both in the game of selling your eyes to advertisers.

The police and government really don't care when you are having a **** or when you are working on your allotment, unless you are suspected to have killed somebody or carry out a big cash heist... at which point they'd become very interested. 

Political and activist groups aside, who probably should fear infiltration and oppression. 

It’s ok that you don’t understand it, it’s fine, everything’s fine. Just think about how much of this has creeped into our lives in just the last 5 or 10 years. Should it just continue unabated? Is that really a good idea?

30 minutes ago, Hillhead said:

If you listened to Snowden you'd realise there's much more than your Alexa or webcam to worry about. What they can do with phones (If true) is rather worrying.

Not just phones, they also link up directly to your energy consumption.

This will become more relevant as we move further in with UN agenda 21/30

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well surely if people believe that we're going to be microchipped then the logical extrapolation is that he's currently putting 1000 satellites into space to provide the infrastructure to do the tracking and monitoring bit. 

But I guess conspiracy theorists aren't good at joining up dots to make their stories interesting. 

What? That makes no sense. You said Elon Musk gets a free pass on conspiracy theories but bill Gates doesn’t. What do you mean? On an unrelated note here’s Bill Gates Pictured with international pedophile Jeffrey Epstein

FACBD68C-3160-4FA2-978D-57FF8D525469.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

https://www.designrhome.com/wash/smart-washing-machines.php

here’s the top 10 smart washing machines by the way that totally aren’t gathering data on you.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Is that Simon Cowell on the left ?

Yes. Stood next to Piers Morgan

59 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Oh fishing 🙂

can't wait to break out the lure rods 🙂

Oh  ANGLING!!!  but yes, angling with lures is very exciting and satisfying . Today I'm  gonna try out my abu black max baitcasting set up. Love the method using a multiplier/ baitcasting reel. 

Normally keep the ugly stik travel and a few lures in the car as round here there are lots of opportunities  to wet a line. Only Salmon and Sea  Trout  rivers are restricted. Local Salmon river  is 200 euro a year to fish....about thirty miles of bank if you count both banks.  .. very good value as best season I caught over 30 salmon ( returned over half)and lost count of sea trout. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

What? That makes no sense. You said Elon Musk gets a free pass on conspiracy theories but bill Gates doesn’t. What do you mean? On an unrelated note here’s Bill Gates Pictured with international pedophile Jeffrey Epstein

FACBD68C-3160-4FA2-978D-57FF8D525469.jpeg

Ffs. 

There is a conspiracy theory at the moment that we are going to be microchipped via mandatory vaccination so we can be tracked, so they can spy on us. This almost always gets linked to Bill Gates. 

I'm just curious as to why conspiracy theorists don't make this theory much more interesting by claiming that Elon Musk's 1000 new satillites are going to be transmitting the data from the chips. 

Conspiracy theorists seem to have the knives out for Gates but largely seem to be leaving Musk alone, despite that being slightly plausible. 

Do you get it now? What I'm saying is not complicated. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

In fairness you introduced that conspiracy out of the blue in a post that didn't fit what you were replying to - and its hardly the 'vaccines cause autism' conspiracy either. I'd never heard of this one.

15 hours ago, T said:

Indeed this crisis has shown office workers can work from home. We work with the government and have said we will continue to home work even when no longer a requirement to help the overall effort. 

Hardly a noble effort.

1) Get up early, look presentable, long expensive commute in to the office with the heaving sweaty masses,  or

2) Get up late, slob around in your underpants all day farting and scratching your privates,  ' commute ' downstairs.

Hmmm....toughie 😀

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ffs. 

There is a conspiracy theory at the moment that we are going to be microchipped via mandatory vaccination so we can be tracked, so they can spy on us. This almost always gets linked to Bill Gates. 

I'm just curious as to why conspiracy theorists don't make this theory much more interesting by claiming that Elon Musk's 1000 new satillites are going to be transmitting the data from the chips. 

Conspiracy theorists seem to have the knives out for Gates but largely seem to be leaving Musk alone, despite that being slightly plausible. 

It’s totally convoluted. You shouldn’t believe every conspiracy theory you hear about mate you’ll end up sounding crazy.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Hardly a noble effort.

1) Get up early, look presentable, long expensive commute in to the office with the heaving sweaty masses,  or

2) Get up late, slob around in your underpants all day farting and scratching your privates,  ' commute ' downstairs.

Hmmm....toughie 😀

Hence the “crisis of purpose” I talked about before. The question people will ask is “does what I do matter” soooo many non-jobs out there.

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

soooo many non-jobs out there.

Can you give examples though? 

Isn't footballer one of them? 

I'm definitely part of a bloated management, and I do think my organisation could perhaps lose a few chiefs and replace with a few more Indians. 

So much so that I'm asking myself whether I'd be a bit happier as an Indian, doing the actually productive part but for less money.

Or perhaps that is part of the problem, perhaps the Indians shouldn't be on less money, they do more work. Perhaps we should have flatter heirarchies. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

19 minutes ago, Hillhead said:

Yes. Stood next to Piers Morgan

Prince Andrew and Donald Trump were in the other room.😉

Can you give examples though? 

Isn't footballer one of them? 

I'm definitely part of a bloated management, and I do think my organisation could perhaps lose a few chiefs and replace with a few more Indians. 

So much so that I'm asking myself whether I'd be a bit happier as an Indian, doing the actually productive part but for less money.

Or perhaps that is part of the problem, perhaps the Indians shouldn't be on less money, they do more work. 

Footballer is probably one of them, depends what else you do. Are you doing positive things for the human race? If you are working at Aviva putting numbers in a spreadsheet and your mate who’s the same age is a paramedic you might start to ask questions about purpose.

Would like to know a bit more about this surveillance stuff, aren’t the gps apps, map apps on our phones, sat nav in the car, already doing this and capable of being used by big brother if they so choose, how is the COVID app going to be any different to this so why should we be afraid of it? The downside of not using it in the immediate future to deal with the pandemic is surely much greater in the short term?

Edited by Van wink

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Prince Andrew and Donald Trump were in the other room.😉

It’s hilarious that they are literally all in on it. He knew everyone. Trump, Clinton. Every powerful rich person. It stinks to high heaven that one.

Too many chiefs taking too big a slice of the pie and protecting each others back whilst bleating how liberal and progressive they are

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s hilarious that they are literally all in on it. He knew everyone. Trump, Clinton. Every powerful rich person. It stinks to high heaven that one.

He fell down the stairs, up the stairs, down the stairs again eventually accidentally falling straight into an inconveniently placed noose in a one storey jail block. Your Honour.

• Haha 1