Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

BBC news saying WHO on the verge of changing advice re mask wearing.

No.

That's not what they are saying.

It is, that it " is to be assessed by a panel of advisers to the World Health Organization (WHO). "

Until they decide otherwise I shall continue to heed and quote their current advice.

5 hours ago, kick it off said:

Sorry, I went to China in the summer and found it to be a pretty vile culture.... they then gave the world a pandemic due to eating disgusting ****, and now they have approved a "treatment" for the disease they caused by eating weird ****... the "treatment" is an injection of bear bile, goat horn and herbs.... DO THEY NOT ****ING LEARN? What in the actual **** is wrong with them?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52130552?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5e859d574e049e066f596657%26China approves bear bile as treatment%262020-04-02T08%3A19%3A55.873Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:ec6be682-5f4f-48ca-a4f3-e88491a984e4&pinned_post_asset_id=5e859d574e049e066f596657&pinned_post_type=share

Beyond belief.

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Beyond belief.

I wish it were but in that country it’s entirely believable. I for one will boycott anything that comes from that country and I hope that everyone else does the same. Vile 

edit: and pressure must be placed on the government to cut ties with Hawai for 5g

Edited by JF

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Beyond belief.

Almost as beyond belief that the UK is the only nation on Earth that has not the ability to officially record virus recoveries since March 22nd. Oh wait...yes that is not beyond belief.

Anyways, as there is not 1 single officially noted recovery since March 22nd, maybe someone should tell Prince Charlie that he is not officially recovered yet.

33 minutes ago, Aggy said:

I think the lockdown is the thing that’s most likely to cause more immediate problems for a government. If it only lasts another few weeks then maybe not, but if starts getting towards six months or more as some are suggesting then I think there will be a serious reaction from the public. 

Difficult one for the government though - because if they lift the lockdown too soon, they’d get blasted if we end up with higher deaths than other countries. If they extend it too long, there could be economic impacts that ruin many more lives in the long run.

" Researchers in Germany are already exploring how the authorities will be able to eventually issue passes to exclude essential workers from the harsh crackdown currently in place. People who test positive for coronavirus antibodies should no longer be infectious themselves and would have at least some immunity, scientists believe, based on what is known about common colds. "

So as said before, the 'pressure' will soon slowly begin to ease.

And I would suggest the six months being quoted is not us stuck as it is now but the time when most restrictions will be lifted - and those ingected will be far lower and the NHS will have the capacity to deal with them.

21 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Ah, so there is no direct quotation to back up your accusation that I am “ok” with the lack of PPE?

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

Every quotation I have given from you was copied and pasted directly and you know it.

I explained in detail your tactics of obfuscation, denial and deception in depth in a post I made this morning. You have, predictably, failed to deal this and just to reiterate a falsehood.

So, “no” then? No direct quotation?

I mean you could just confirm that what you’ve really done is taken my posts to other people about other things, tried to link them to whatever argument you seem to want to have and accused me of saying something that none of my posts actually say. 

As there are bigger things going on in the world right now, and your record seems to have gotten stuck repeating the same post rather than actually responding to things, I shall leave it there!

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

" Researchers in Germany are already exploring how the authorities will be able to eventually issue passes to exclude essential workers from the harsh crackdown currently in place. People who test positive for coronavirus antibodies should no longer be infectious themselves and would have at least some immunity, scientists believe, based on what is known about common colds. "

So as said before, the 'pressure' will soon slowly begin to ease.

And I would suggest the six months being quoted is not us stuck as it is now but the time when most restrictions will be lifted - and those ingected will be far lower and the NHS will have the capacity to deal with them.

Oh I don’t doubt the pressure will start to ease Bill, that’s also my opinion certainly. Exactly when we don’t know, but talk of lockdown until Christmas etc. just won’t happen. 

My point is only that if there is going to be any one thing that ‘brings down a government’ then that thing is most likely to be a long term lockdown. Which is one of the reasons it won’t go on as long as some people are suggesting.  

18 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Almost as beyond belief that the UK is the only nation on Earth that has not the ability to officially record virus recoveries since March 22nd. Oh wait...yes that is not beyond belief.

Anyways, as there is not 1 single officially noted recovery since March 22nd, maybe someone should tell Prince Charlie that he is not officially recovered yet.

Has not the ability or just hasn’t?

1 minute ago, Aggy said:

As there are bigger things going on in the world right now, and your record seems to have gotten stuck repeating the same post rather than actually responding to things, I shall leave it there!

I am not surprised. You know full well that you have been misleading and economical with the truth. The way you have dissembled was outlined at length but you chose to avoid this and to simply repeat the untruths that peddled from early on.

You have invented claims that you "have been misquoted" without ever producing a shred of evidence that this was the case as used misinformation, obfuscation and pedantry instead of reasoned and logical discussion. It was naive of me to expect that you might try to be more reasonable and I probably should not have engaged with you so long.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

I am not surprised. You know full well that you have been misleading and economical with the truth. The way you have dissembled was outlined at length but you chose to avoid this and to simply repeat the untruths that peddled from early on.

You have invented claims that you "have been misquoted" without ever producing a shred of evidence that this was the case as used misinformation, obfuscation and pedantry instead of reasoned and logical discussion. It was naive of me to expect that you might try to be more reasonable and I probably should not have engaged with you so long.

are you filling in for hand crank ?

that's his madus operandi, making up stuff then being unable to produce the quote whetre I have supposedly said that

instead weaselling on about how that's what I meant, infered etc

53 minutes ago, Aggy said:

I think the lockdown is the thing that’s most likely to cause more immediate problems for a government. If it only lasts another few weeks then maybe not, but if starts getting towards six months or more as some are suggesting then I think there will be a serious reaction from the public. 

Difficult one for the government though - because if they lift the lockdown too soon, they’d get blasted if we end up with higher deaths than other countries. If they extend it too long, there could be economic impacts that ruin many more lives in the long run.

You may have a good point. My post was really directed over the planning problems of this administration and daily/weekly desperate calls by NHS staff and the medical profession for testing and PPE. I was attempting to be non-political even though the tone of this government seems fairly consistently to be one of various degrees of spin.

Any government would face serious challenges in tackling this plague. It has challenged many nations. Yet some MPs utterances about numbers of ventilators, testing, PPE (in my opinion) have not helped themselves in generating trust. I don't think people will forget that or easily forgive.

As for lockdown, we do have to get back to work at some stage. I'm guessing we should hear soon (I hope) about what plans the government has (e.g. passporting).

9 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Oh I don’t doubt the pressure will start to ease Bill, that’s also my opinion certainly. Exactly when we don’t know, but talk of lockdown until Christmas etc. just won’t happen. 

My point is only that if there is going to be any one thing that ‘brings down a government’ then that thing is most likely to be a long term lockdown. Which is one of the reasons it won’t go on as long as some people are suggesting.  

it has already eased as I see plenty of folks out and about - as ones or twos, ao it is a sort of halfway house

one of the reasons I suspect is that isn't too many places to go with so much closed

this is mostly going to be self determined as opposed to dictated - and I suspect the high number of deaths in recent days may well cause some to have second thoughts about going too far

and I would think 6 weeks is way beyond consideration, nevermind 6 months

1 minute ago, Bill said:

that's his madus operandi, making up stuff then being unable to produce the quote whetre I have supposedly said that

...and have you seen the "misquotations"? There are none - everything I have quoted from Aggy is a direct quotation. He can't substantiate what he has said and is trying to throw up a smokescreen. 

@Aggy, As a PS. having the 3 people leading the strategy (4 if you include Cummings) out of action for catching the virus when their main thrust has been about protecting ourselves and others is incredible and diminishes trust. Yet, we just hear that it doesn't discriminate. Yes, of course it doesn't.

Quite an embarrassment really.

33 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Yes, I remarked on that yesterday. Everyone else seems to manage it.

Just now, ricardo said:

Well there was a story yesterday from the government that 1.7m may have caught it (based on 111 calls and capture of the symptoms related to them)

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

it has already eased as I see plenty of folks out and about - as ones or twos, ao it is a sort of halfway house

one of the reasons I suspect is that isn't too many places to go with so much closed

this is mostly going to be self determined as opposed to dictated - and I suspect the high number of deaths in recent days may well cause some to have second thoughts about going too far

and I would think 6 weeks is way beyond consideration, nevermind 6 months

Get the Army on the streets, like France.

That'll Larn 'em

😀

39 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

He was looking very pink so maybe he hasnt

57 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Ya its another new high, but actually the deaths in Netherlands and Belgium today, once again, if you go by nation population, is worse then the UK.  Belgium 189 deaths...Netherlands 166..these are almost Spain proportions.

Likely sad milestones  will be reached later tonight...1 million cases globally, also 50,000 deaths. Also Germany will reach 1,000 deaths, yes lower than here but their daily deaths have been reaching new highs every day to.

Belgiums is high but the Netherlands really isn't when compared to Spain. It has around a third of the population Spain has (17 million versus 44 million) so the "equivalent" of about 500 deaths a day which is way less than Spain's actual numbers.

The only reason I am particularly keeping an eye on the Netherlands is that I was there for 5 days, flying home on 20th March. Some restrictions had already been put in place (bars/cafes/restaurants etc shut) and a couple of the Dutch guys I was working with were telling me that they hoped it wouldn't be so bad there because, as a general rule, the Dutch do tend to behave and do what their Government tells them..............not sure how true that really is, but there you go - thats what they told me. 

But I do take your point on Belgium. 

Oh, should have mentioned, I am very interested in Spain also as have a flat over there and really want to get back there as soon as I can........... don't think it is gonna be for a while.

Edited by Mark .Y.
Final paragraph

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Get the Army on the streets, like France.

That'll Larn 'em

😀

it was the army I was counting 😄

and folk are taking it serious

I saw one elederly lady, hobbling along almost bent double

...... probably trying to avoid a sniper

45 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Apparently a new system is in development to record recoveries..no mention of how many months or years it will take.

Meantime, locally i see...Norfolk cases up 27 to 207, with deaths up 6 to 31. Suffolk 157 cases.

Testings  nationally 10, 657 in past 24 hrs, total now 163,000+.

45 minutes ago, Bill said:

it was the army I was counting 😄

and folk are taking it serious

I saw one elederly lady, hobbling along almost bent double

...... probably trying to avoid a sniper

Duck and cover🦆

5 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Apparently a new system is in development to record recoveries..no mention of how many months or years it will take.

Meantime, locally i see...Norfolk cases up 27 to 207, with deaths up 6 to 31. Suffolk 157 cases.

Testings  nationally 10, 657 in past 24 hrs, total now 163,000+.

"Meanwhile, Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge has become the first in the UK to use a new, much quicker Covid-19 test for staff and patients.

Called Samba Two, it gives a result in just 90 minutes - as opposed to the 24 hours tests currently take - and has been adapted from an HIV test by a small Cambridge technology company.

Businessman and philanthropist Sir Chris Hohn, who is helping make the test more widely available, told the BBC it could be a "game-changer" in helping hospitals cope with the crisis."

I think by the following w/e we will have a much clearer idea of how things are going to pan out as progress is being made in both detection and treatment facilities.

i supect it is the unknown that is causing the most concern for folks, so hopefully things will be a bit clearer, if not being better

"

45 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Belgiums is high but the Netherlands really isn't when compared to Spain. It has around a third of the population Spain has (17 million versus 44 million) so the "equivalent" of about 500 deaths a day which is way less than Spain's actual numbers.

The only reason I am particularly keeping an eye on the Netherlands is that I was there for 5 days, flying home on 20th March. Some restrictions had already been put in place (bars/cafes/restaurants etc shut) and a couple of the Dutch guys I was working with were telling me that they hoped it wouldn't be so bad there because, as a general rule, the Dutch do tend to behave and do what their Government tells them..............not sure how true that really is, but there you go - thats what they told me. 

But I do take your point on Belgium. 

Oh, should have mentioned, I am very interested in Spain also as have a flat over there and really want to get back there as soon as I can........... don't think it is gonna be for a while.

UK is currently at 43 deaths per million,  Netherlands at 78 and Belgium 87. All 3 are heading towards Spain type numbers...likely within a few days.

Other useful or non useful info...Global deaths have hit 50k, Global cases will reach 1 million within the hour, as will 1k deaths in Germany.

Nations ive found to have have no confirmed case of the virus yet...Lesotho, Tajikistan and North Korea. May be 1 or 2 more  but i cannot see any more.

Just contacted 111. Grandson has a temperature of 37.6. Feeling a bit under the weather. No breathing difficulties and only coughing occasionally. Girlfriend a Nurse who had a patient die last night of the Virus.

They say he probably hasn't got it as he hasn't all three symptoms. But we are taking no chances with him. Its isolation, not just for him but for us. Luckily we had plenty of Milton in so can spray all hard surfaces he uses.

And last night we had numerous power cuts so my SKYQ box doesn't work but luckily I have a mini box. Phoned SKY and it is at least a four hour wait as they are prioritising.

1 hour ago, Essjayess said:

UK is currently at 43 deaths per million,  Netherlands at 78 and Belgium 87. All 3 are heading towards Spain type numbers...likely within a few days.

Other useful or non useful info...Global deaths have hit 50k, Global cases will reach 1 million within the hour, as will 1k deaths in Germany.

Nations ive found to have have no confirmed case of the virus yet...Lesotho, Tajikistan and North Korea. May be 1 or 2 more  but i cannot see any more.

"E"

Can you just explain how you got those deaths per million.  I'm not particularly questioning your conclusions, I'm probably just too stupid to understand something here

3 hours ago, JF said:

I wish it were but in that country it’s entirely believable. I for one will boycott anything that comes from that country and I hope that everyone else does the same. Vile 

edit: and pressure must be placed on the government to cut ties with Hawai for 5g

Not that I wish to defend China and its bears or traditional medicine but didn't we only just close spending NHS money on homeopathy only a year or two back. The there's the British mad cow disease the world thanked us for....

Yes unbelievable.

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Just contacted 111. Grandson has a temperature of 37.6. Feeling a bit under the weather. No breathing difficulties and only coughing occasionally. Girlfriend a Nurse who had a patient die last night of the Virus.

They say he probably hasn't got it as he hasn't all three symptoms. But we are taking no chances with him. Its isolation, not just for him but for us. Luckily we had plenty of Milton in so can spray all hard surfaces he uses.

And last night we had numerous power cuts so my SKYQ box doesn't work but luckily I have a mini box. Phoned SKY and it is at least a four hour wait as they are prioritising.

Hope he's ok KG