Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Keelan, as I’ve just posted before, let’s draw a line under this, call a truce, you’re original post sensationalised the real events, and I reacted as you likened it to a terror attack, well I’m sure those parents and kids from the Manchester attack might disagree with you! I did ask for the full facts a few times then pointed them out. 
We all want the same thing and we have different views on priorities, this is probably to do with age and how things are effecting our areas, here I have a lot of friends here and in my industry who are very concerned, I’m sure you have too.

You’re grandsons girlfriend must be and amazing girl to be working in such a challenging environment, full respect to her, wholeheartedly.

My apology for mentioning you as lying, just misunderstanding each other, let’s move on.

14 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I wonder why they don't visit Germany? It's astonishing that they have such a low death rate c.f. known cases - less than 5% that of Italy. It might be instructive to try & find out why.

My guess is that Germany is recording excess deaths, ie. excluding people who would have died anyway in the very near future, for whom the virus might have been a contributory factor but not the main cause.  They also have the highest rate of critical care beds in Europe, so that might be relevant too.

22 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

They also have the highest rate of critical care beds in Europe, so that might be relevant too.

How is that a factor if the worldometer report is correct that there are only 2 in serious or critical condition?

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

How is that a factor if the worldometer report is correct that there are only 2 in serious or critical condition?

It seems worldometer looks for news reports and adds these to the figures. It doesn't try to estimate numbers.

If it's not reported it doesnt get added or taken away.  Fact is hospitalizations wont get reported.

To the main issue I dont think that we are at capacity for icu yet so this wont be a factor.

Keelan, as I’ve just posted before, let’s draw a line under this, call a truce, you’re original post sensationalised the real events, and I reacted as you likened it to a terror attack, well I’m sure those parents and kids from the Manchester attack might disagree with you! I did ask for the full facts a few times then pointed them out. 
We all want the same thing and we have different views on priorities, this is probably to do with age and how things are effecting our areas, here I have a lot of friends here and in my industry who are very concerned, I’m sure you have too.

You’re grandsons girlfriend must be and amazing girl to be working in such a challenging environment, full respect to her, wholeheartedly.

My apology for mentioning you as lying, just misunderstanding each other, let’s move on.

Good Morning Indy. Yes I am sure we both regret yesterday. I apologise for my words, I assure you they are out of character.We all want this thing to end asap and it is important that the anxiety it is bringing doesn't make us fall out with each other. In fact we need to be the complete opposite.

Mt Grandson's girlfriend is quite amazing in as much her attitude for a young girl is very professional and caring. Her ward will become the end of life ward and she is the perfect girl to help people at that time.

Have a good day and keep safe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

It seems worldometer looks for news reports and adds these to the figures. It doesn't try to estimate numbers.

If it's not reported it doesnt get added or taken away.  Fact is hospitalizations wont get reported.

To the main issue I dont think that we are at capacity for icu yet so this wont be a factor.

Possibly, ours looks well out of date also.

Church of England goes into hiding for a fortnight then comes out to tell us all to light a candle and put it in our window tonight. Mostly our leaders have done their best but this beggars belief. Get ready for Grenfell 2 tonight 😱

Does anyone know what the latest advice is regarding haircuts? Mine's getting a little unruly.

latest?cb=20181203114001

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Does anyone know what the latest advice is regarding haircuts? Mine's getting a little unruly.

latest?cb=20181203114001

Shoulda gone last week and had a number 1 like all sensible people👍😁

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Are there any haircuts left for anyone else? 🙄

Not now😉😁

If we are social distancing, need to get in touch with that Edward Scissorhands fella.

10 minutes ago, sonyc said:

If we are social distancing, need to get in touch with that Edward Scissorhands fella.

And get the first appointment, you never know who's been in the chair.💀

Remember to use cards at all times, money is dirty! Could be one minor reason why the virus is still spreading quickly.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Remember to use cards at all times, money is dirty! Could be one minor reason why the virus is still spreading quickly.

Disposable gloves are are useful if you have to touch any card readers or cash machines.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Disposable gloves are are useful if you have to touch any card readers or cash machines.

Indeed.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Good Morning Indy. Yes I am sure we both regret yesterday. I apologise for my words, I assure you they are out of character.We all want this thing to end asap and it is important that the anxiety it is bringing doesn't make us fall out with each other. In fact we need to be the complete opposite.

Mt Grandson's girlfriend is quite amazing in as much her attitude for a young girl is very professional and caring. Her ward will become the end of life ward and she is the perfect girl to help people at that time.

Have a good day and keep safe.

Hi, thanks indeed keep safe and enjoy the sunshine.

China have been reporting no new cases but Fellani has tested positive and plays for a Chinese club 🤔🤔🤔

14 minutes ago, JF said:

China have been reporting no new cases but Fellani has tested positive and plays for a Chinese club 🤔🤔🤔

Recently returned, depends where from, no new internal cases.

Now watching WeeJimmy Crankie on the tellybox and surprised Jockland is just subject to the advice given by Boris several days ago. No pubs etc closed yet nor schools and just advice with regard to social gatherings.

Edited by TIL 1010

Italian deaths slightly down on yesterday's numbers, but 651 is still high.

[edit] 14k new US cases?

image.png.ba8e36c174a75b9c283231a4d52e0cc8.png

Edited by Icecream Snow

I'm afraid it is now a fifth one for us in Cornwall now. We heard rumours this morning but it has now been confirmed. Person in their 60's with underlying health problems.

Our Hospital was at the very bottom of the league table until recently and when most of us have an illness or referral, we have a choice of going elsewhere and invariably do. While we do love the NHS and its staff, I think there is a growing concern that it isn't what it is cracked up to be.

Maybe when this is over there will be a genuine attempt to make it as outstanding as it was.

And even though I'm not a fan, I have to say Johnson has been more impressive today. What he said today was correct. We have heard reports of so many people who have been visiting the beaches around us. Our nearest one had a group of lads drinking in the car park because the local Cafe/restaurant was shut. It is nice to have a drink al fresco but now is not the time.

The sun was wonderful and warm this afternoon and Mrs KG and I had a lovely peaceful afternoon in our back garden which is a sun trap, And I understand people live in apartments and homes without gardens, but if we don't volunteer, the Government will make us.

I can understand the government’s stance, but you would think people would be sensible thus allowing everyone to be able to go out and keep that distance of separation......we went through Dunwich woods and had a picnic with friends of ours and the dogs kept well apart and still had a fab time. Lots of people pretty much doing the same.

Why can’t people just take some responsibility, including teaching their kids this importance too.

Edited by Indy

The news showed people doing gym exercises in a park, less than the prescribed distance apart and when asked if they were sure it was right they thought it was OK. Then they will moan when Boris clamps down. 

Exactly, to be fair to Boris he’s been very fair and clear on that advice and the consequences of not following it.

51 minutes ago, Herman said:

Even with rudimentary German you should be able to understand this.

Having a pee is bad enough😀

Why cant I post pictures anymore, I used to be able to but now keep getting a message that the file is too big!!