Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

53 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But there you go again, their health! What are they all 75 years old with chronic illnesses? It’s noticeable those who are panicking the most, say focus on now.....nope the governments are now starting to look at the financial future too at last.

Do you know who works for us? No. We treat them as friends and our first concern is that they and their family's keep well. And we are making sure, at the moment, that they are not losing any money either. I hope you or anyone in your family never have ill health. But my Granddaughter was working for us and she is Diabetic One. And to be quite honest, she doesn't place the bleddy economy at the top of her list of worries.
If anyone is panicking its you regarding the economy. And the economy will do better if we can rid ourselves of this peril as soon as we can and get things, including the economy, back to normal.

Its noticeable it’s pensioners who are over reacting, the governments are acting in the best interest of the older population. Out of the people tested only about 15% are at serious risk, out of that 15% about 21% of the elderly with underlying issues are at severe risk. That’s the figures of those tested, then there’s am 8 fold of people including those in the older brackets (like Tom Hanks) who’ve had it without really knowing they’ve had it or now got it!

And just for your info, my partner went through serious illness, which meant I’ve been methodical in cleaning my home through, so this washing your hands has been for years and keeping this at bay is my priority, but I see a bigger issue than just a ver over reaction on a global scale, which might lead to much bigger issues if it’s not monitored correctly, allowing normality to come back.

Im in agreement for the tight controls in place but in a sensible way

As for the economy, you should be concerned, thousands will be effected with stress and ill health if it’s as severe as some forecast.

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Oh dear 

Bugga the China model......You just base it on the Arctic Circle model......Careful though, you must watch out for them hungry Polar bears..... 😉 

7 hours ago, JF said:

You’re right, it is. Next weeks job got cancelled late yesterday as people don’t want you in their homes at this moment in time. Today I’ve got to phone around other customers to see if they want their jobs bought forwards. I’m not hopeful that any will 

I’m in your boat, but my companies are in the oil & sector, but I’ve been put on hold along with lots of others, no means of getting this government grant, but been told that my services might not be required till the projects are back on track, once oil goes back above $50 a barrel. So that could be a year or more away..

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

I don't understand why the government has not come out and either said that they will increase statutory sick pay and make it universally available or will underwrite a basic minimum wage for employees who have to self isolate or are not able to work for the next 2 or 3 months due to Coronavirus, payable to the firms provided they keep people on.

That would take away a lot of people's concerns immediately and allow them to self isolate with a little less worry about the financial impact (for now).

They need to enable people to stay at home and idiots still going out and not social distancing need to be told to tow the line and get it into their heads that they are endangering people. I am absolutely staggered at the number of people who continue to say "i'm just seeing such and such, surely that can't do any harm."

If we can all cut our number of external social interactions to around 5 a day it will have an absolutely enormous impact on slowing/reducing this epidemic.

Also stop the supermarkets doing ridiculous "over 70's hour" when hundreds of vulnerable people are all crammed together in a supermarket at a time when they should be social distancing. Horrendous idea even if the original intention was good. 

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Funnily enough I said to a workmate that I wondered if the divorce rate would go up if we’ve got to spend up to 12 weeks together. It could be that there’s a baby boom too 

Apart from all this self- isolation there’s all the additional stress if you’ve both got to work at home together.

One silver lining in all this stock market carnage.........just pile into matrimonial law firms 😀

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don't understand why the government has not come out and either said that they will increase statutory sick pay and make it universally available or will underwrite a basic minimum wage for employees who have to self isolate or are not able to work for the next 2 or 3 months due to Coronavirus, payable to the firms provided they keep people on.

That would take away a lot of people's concerns immediately and allow them to self isolate with a little less worry about the financial impact (for now).

They need to enable people to stay at home and idiots still going out and not social distancing need to be told to tow the line and get it into their heads that they are endangering people. I am absolutely staggered at the number of people who continue to say "i'm just seeing such and such, surely that can't do any harm."

If we can all cut our number of external social interactions to around 5 a day it will have an absolutely enormous impact on slowing/reducing this epidemic.

Also stop the supermarkets doing ridiculous "over 70's hour" when hundreds of vulnerable people are all crammed together in a supermarket at a time when they should be social distancing. Horrendous idea even if the original intention was good. 

The stupidity is mind boggling. 

But do you really think this Government is bothered about old people? If 100,000 of them die the savings going forward are absolutely enormous. The saving is estimated at £200,000,000 a year. And the dead people will leave money in their wills that will be spent. And the housing crisis will be solved

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If the financial institutions, lenders, banks, utility companies, loan companies  etc all continue to expect payments we will get nowhere. Life needs to shut down and extreme measures need to be taken and supported by the government. Find the trillions you found to keep banks going and you may, just may still have an economy, high Street, future.... 

Kenny,

I think you will find that the amounts available under Govt and BofE schemes are considerably more than that spent to rescue the banks.

I'm trying hard to avoid the virus. house bound most of the time, plenty to do decorating. I go out for a run every day and shopping once a week, washing my hands regularly,  that's about it !

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

But do you really think this Government is bothered about old people? If 100,000 of them die the savings going forward are absolutely enormous. The saving is estimated at £200,000,000 a year. And the dead people will leave money in their wills that will be spent. And the housing crisis will be solved

That's a very Dark view Baddoggo, but I get exactly  what you mean. I'm not a conspiracy  theorist.  I do believe however that a passive reaction is as bad as giving the oldies a dose of it. Surely those that dont have someone to shop for them could easily be serviced by volunteers,  thereby keeping contact with general pop to a minimum .

The Tory indifference for human compassion will surprise  many who voted for them. Bottom line is God.

I know it may surprise some but there are some things government can't  help you with.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

That's a very Dark view Baddoggo, but I get exactly  what you mean. I'm not a conspiracy  theorist.  I do believe however that a passive reaction is as bad as giving the oldies a dose of it. Surely those that dont have someone to shop for them could easily be serviced by volunteers,  thereby keeping contact with general pop to a minimum .

The Tory indifference for human compassion will surprise  many who voted for them. Bottom line is God.

Sorry to be the one to tell you but there is no God. 

Just announced that more than 50% of people hospitalised in USA are aged 24 to 59

23 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Vaccine trials starting

Good news.

How do you plead Mr Vaccine ?

'guilty or not huilty

Don't know about anyone else but I am staggered by tonight's government briefing. The thought is that current measures (which are not being followed absolutely by people) mean we may see a turning of a corner in 12 weeks. 

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Don't know about anyone else but I am staggered by tonight's government briefing. The thought is that current measures (which are not being followed absolutely by people) mean we may see a turning of a corner in 12 weeks. 

Why, did you think it would be all over in a fortnight?

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Blimey.   

Is this based on a prior view or is it based on something you have seen or heard since the vislrus took hold?

25 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just announced that more than 50% of people hospitalised in USA are aged 24 to 59

You might have to conflate that with health insurance (those that have it as in work benefit) .

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Every cloud has a silver lining! 😷😷

Utterly daft thing to say, the government is doing everything in its power as advised by our medical scientists to protect as many at risk people as they can.......if everyone followed the rules now it would be over quicker. Not to mention the possible £500 million pounds it’s going to cost us in the long run.

Edited by Indy

28 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Really? I had no idea. Ok, I'll edit.The bottom line is the Icon worshipped by the Tories.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Really? I had no idea. Ok, I'll edit.The bottom line is the Icon worshipped by the Tories.

Of course there’s a god, that’s why he invented this virus to get more of his disciples next to him.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

One silver lining in all this stock market carnage.

With interest rates plunging to 0.1% now is the time to invest in shares Smithy and be prepared to ride out the storm and cash in when the markets get back to normal. Had a little dabble yesterday to add to my portfolio. 😜

Just now, Indy said:

Of course there’s a god, that’s why he invented this virus to get more of his disciples next to him.

This is all a bit confusing for a thicko like me. One says there is, another says there isn't.  With polar opposites like that,  I'm surprised  that this God issue hasn't caused trouble throughout history.  God job they all agree on which God is the real God ......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

This is all a bit confusing for a thicko like me. One says there is, another says there isn't.  With polar opposites like that,  I'm surprised  that this God issue hasn't caused trouble throughout history.  God job they all agree on which God is the real God ......

How can you get confused, there’s only one god, it’s up to you to choose from the 3000 options! 😂👍

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

With interest rates plunging to 0.1% now is the time to invest in shares Smithy and be prepared to ride out the storm and cash in when the markets get back to normal. Had a little dabble yesterday to add to my portfolio. 😜

Tilly, I just moved some of my companies saving and bought Brent crude at $26 dollars a barrel. Long term investment.

Trying to offset big losses in my pension pot.

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

How can you get confused, there’s only one god, it’s up to you to choose from the 3000 options! 😂👍

Thanks  Indyo,  an all consuming tranquillity  has overcome me. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Why, did you think it would be all over in a fortnight?

The opposite I'm afraid Ricardo.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Thanks  Indyo,  an all consuming tranquillity  has overcome me. 

You’re welcome, I chose to follow the lord Yoda, he’s been my inspiration since 1977 when I first watched his preaching in the great story of Star Wars, A New Hope. Good luck choosing your God.👍💚💛

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

You’re welcome, I chose to follow the lord Yoda, he’s been my inspiration since 1977 when I first watched his preaching in the great story of Star Wars, A New Hope. Good luck choosing your God.👍💚💛

I went to see a digitised improved sound Star Wars late eighties / early nineties,  fell asleep  after 10 mins, woke up  at the end. Maybe I am truly a lost soul . If only I'd seen God in his true form,my life could have been  so different.