Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Premier League meeting 10.00am today

33 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

How would players registrations carry over to late summer? Players come from all over the world. Many contracts will be up in May. Players will want to be with their families too. 

It's truly a nightmare.

Which is why my solution works - the season has to be completed at some point when it is safe to do so - and the journos seem certain the season won't be declared null and void too.  It is the only way - the fixtures will need to be played, even if it is much later in the year or early next. We also need to remember that even if the end of this season is somehow decided with closed door games, the start of next season may be delayed too anyway, maybe for months, which would cause all sorts of problems for the whole of next season on top of this season's issues. 

So the solution is to simplify the situation, recognise the logistical problems right up to May 2021 and finish this season when it is safe to do so, maybe Nov/Dec this year or Jan/Feb 21, then any new season would start in August 2021.  The small amount of league fixtures could be filled/supplemented by the cup competitions with maybe even an extra cup competition if needed to create more games.

It's an extrordinary situation but the solution is simple - let this season finish when it is safe, write off next season and then the 21-22 season would follow on from this one, once it is finished, with all the relegation/promotion issues sorted as they should be, by finishing this season. 

Edited by lake district canary

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Which is why my solution works - the season has to be completed at some point when it is safe to do so - and the journos seem certain the season won't be declared null and void too.  It is the only way - the fixtures will need to be played, even if it is much later in the year or early next. We also need to remember that even if the end of this season is somehow decided with closed door games, the start of next season may be delayed too anyway, maybe for months, which would cause all sorts of problems for the whole of next season on top of this season's issues. 

So the solution is to simplify the situation, recognise the logistical problems right up to May 2021 and finish this season when it is safe to do so, maybe Nov/Dec this year or Jan/Feb 21, then any new season would start in August 2021.  The small amount of league fixtures could be filled/supplemented by the cup competitions with maybe even an extra cup competition if needed to create more games.

It's an extrordinary situation but the solution is simple - let this season finish when it is safe, write off next season and then the 21-22 season would follow on from this one, once it is finished, with all the relegation/promotion issues sorted as they should be, by finishing this season. 

That won’t happen in a million years. It’s simply not practical to wipe out an entire season (2021/22 in your case). I suspect football won’t be back on 3 April and if the fixtures cannot be completed by the end of  June then 19/20 will be wiped from the history books. On a selfish level, it would certainly benefit NCFC.

Lake district canary, I think your idea is reasonable, but I don't see that working if the postponement is more than a couple of months, 6 months at most. The logistical and contractual issues become prohibitive. Plus, players age, develop other issues, lose interest, some might die of infection. It wouldn't be the same teams.

I recommend taking the generous approach of awarding 3 extra slots to the next season (when they start again) and then relegating 6 for the season after that - unless they want to keep the expanded league. That would give all the teams a fair opportunity to fight for PL position while staying in PL. It would also help lower leagues as their top clubs can get promoted to fill freed Championship slots.

They could skip FA Cup for one season so the players don't get overwhelmed.

2 minutes ago, Upo said:

Lake district canary, I think your idea is reasonable, but I don't see that working if the postponement is more than a couple of months, 6 months at most. The logistical and contractual issues become prohibitive. Plus, players age, develop other issues, lose interest, some might die of infection. It wouldn't be the same teams.

I recommend taking the generous approach of awarding 3 extra slots to the next season (when they start again) and then relegating 6 for the season after that - unless they want to keep the expanded league. That would give all the teams a fair opportunity to fight for PL position while staying in PL. It would also help lower leagues as their top clubs can get promoted to fill freed Championship slots.

They could skip FA Cup for one season so the players don't get overwhelmed.

How would you determine the three promoted clubs? None of Leeds, West Brom or Fulham have mathematically secured promotion.

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What colour is the sky in the world you live in?  This season has finished. There is no viable alternative but to start again in September 

• Like 1

I think some people are finding it difficult to come to terms with the idea that the season is over. In three or four weeks everyone will accept it as self evident.

Today Italy 2547 new cases  250 new deaths and it will increase tomorrow.

• Like 2

Am I right in saying that the promoted teams are invited by the PL to join them? If that’s the case then would the Championship teams like Leeds and West Brom have a leg to stand on if the PL were to cancel the season and say null and void, go again with the same teams. Quite clearly if the bottom 3 as it stands were to be relegated when we could all escape the legal battles would rage