Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Does anyone own a Welsh flag?

Reading Earnie''s comments about his desire to play for Wales and seeing Safri''s remarks about seeing the Moroccan flag at Carrow Road what better way to make Earnie feel at home than to wave a Welsh flag or two from The Barclay. I''m sure it would fire him up and make him instantly affiliated to the supporters. Does anyone have one they might take?

If not what about a large inflatable leek?

I can see why it would be a fitting gesture to welcome Ernie with a few red dragons, but, don''t you think it might be easily misunderstood by some of Sunday''s crowd as ''Gloating Taffs'' after the six nations game between England and Wales. Obviously, being a Norfolk ''Boyo'' I''m assuming that Wales will win! As a compromise, would an inflatable sheep be acceptable? ( I got one for Christmas from an English relative!) and I''ll be prepared to set her (Baaarbra) free into the snakepit on Sunday! I''ll gladly drape myself in the flag, as long as it won''t be seen as an attempt to jar people off. So, ''til Sunday, all together now boys............"Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i me, gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri" etc, etc. See you all on Sunday, & look out for the sheep!!

There will be a few more sheepskin coats in ''The Crypt'' on Sunday to cheer him up.

As for the inflatable sheep this might be interpreted as an insult towards the Town Chairman.....so bring it anyway.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Reading Earnie''s comments about his desire to play for Wales and seeing Safri''s remarks about seeing the Moroccan flag at Carrow Road what better way to make Earnie feel at home than to wave a Welsh flag or two from The Barclay. I''m sure it would fire him up and make him instantly affiliated to the supporters. Does anyone have one they might take?

If not what about a large inflatable leek?

[/quote]

And whats wrong with a few ENGLISH flags Rudolph?, we are an English club after all, with English players!.

Or does our flag not make supporters proud no more?.

I''m proud to be an Englishman, even though I intitled by parentage to wave a German flag as well!.

1st Wizard misunderstood

And whats wrong with a few ENGLISH flags Rudolph?, we are an English club after all, with English players!.

Or does our flag not make supporters proud no more?.

I''m proud to be an Englishman, even though I intitled by parentage to wave a German flag as well!.

Wave some English flags. I too am an Englishman but like most of us probably come from elsewhere at some stage.

You missed the point....read my original post again....I was suggesting how to endear and fire up a talismanic player.

What are you on Wizard?

I dunno, these Welshman, coming over here, taking our jobs... ;)

Please don''t shout pal!.

No, I did not mis-read or miss-understand your post.

I just get sick of this ''cheesy'' flag waving stunts by fans, Earnie may consider himself  British first, therefore he may prefer a Union Jack to be waived.

Have you asked him............no thought not!.

At least Safri is easy to deal with.

At this moment in time ''Worthy Out'' flages are more important in my opinion!.

" As a compromise, would an inflatable sheep be acceptable? "

I would worry about over exciting our rural neighbours - I know they like to see themselves as ''cocker neez, innit guv gawd blimey " and would have us believe that Ipswich is some sprawling metropolis on the outskirts of London rather than some runty little town in the arse end of nowhere.

I would also suggest that anyone from Wales would not be too amused to be linked to ''suffolk practices''

Best to just give the lad a fair deal of support throughout the game.

Let''s get together and deafen the binners !

1st Wizard continued to mis-understand

Please don''t shout pal!.

No, I did not mis-read or miss-understand your post.

I just get sick of this ''cheesy'' flag waving stunts by fans, Earnie may consider himself  British first, therefore he may prefer a Union Jack to be waived.

Have you asked him............no thought not!.

At least Safri is easy to deal with.

At this moment in time ''Worthy Out'' flages are more important in my opinion!.

Did you not read Earnies stated main objective which was to play for Wales? That is my point old boy.

As for British, most of us know that to be a modern collective term, like your ''German'' or an ancient term which most of us cannot prove a linage to. English or Welsh are more appropriate for those of us who associate ourselves with a region of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland irrespective of our backgrounds. But as you have shown yourself unable to decide on which side of the fence you wish to fall through your posts of the past few months I suspect you also suffer an identity crisis along with your other faults 1st Captain Jack Wizard.

Fact is Earnie is not Welsh by birth!!!

Although he considers himself to be. Nothing wrong with making him feel welcome with a few Dragons in the crowd 

I personally would welcome as I consider myself Welsh --- although Norwich Born and proud of the Fact OTBC

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]How about he gets presented with a bunch of daffodils before kick off by a Fat Baaaaa man?[/quote]

"Will you hold these two sheep while I count them!"  "See those two houses on the hill? Well mine''s the one in the middle".....Yackie Dah BOYO!

Maybe we can give Sheepshanks a bunch of Fivers......Purely as a loan from a dodgy/questionable businessman.....Make him feel at home....

Maybe our Luvverly Delia can present Earnie with a supporter''s crustless pie.......A Canary Flan from a Canary Fan.............................I''ll get my sheepskin coat...........;~( OTBC!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Are you shearing that sheep?

No, get your own!

[/quote]

The ''''old'''' sheep jokes are coming thick and fast so a little food for thought for you all.

We fill em and you eat em!!!!

& here''s one back

I can''t read nor I can''t write but it does''nt really matter

Because I come from Norfolk Boy and I can drive a Tractor!!!