Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Leicester City Coronavirus

31 minutes ago, Jools said:

Well, that's Watson's point isn't it? We should've closed our borders as did Russia, Singapore and Mongolia in January -- The latter have peaked and the mortality rate is zilch...

And yes, the virus is being politicised --- You really have to be a special kind of idiot to think otherwise.

You can't just up and close the borders every time there's an outbreak of something. There's always some kind of viral, bacterial or flu-type thingy doing the rounds somewhere on the planet, this one's just caught everyone by surprise in how quickly it's managed to spread, really does show how susceptible we are with global travel in our modern lives.

I really don't think bring left vs. right politics into the discussion is helpful in the slightest. Decisions should be made based on pure science and statistics, and since no-one on this forum is an expert it would be best if we deferred to those that are.

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

You can't just up and close the borders every time there's an outbreak of something. There's always some kind of viral, bacterial or flu-type thingy doing the rounds somewhere on the planet, this one's just caught everyone by surprise in how quickly it's managed to spread, really does show how susceptible we are with global travel in our modern lives.

I really don't think bring left vs. right politics into the discussion is helpful in the slightest. Decisions should be made based on pure science and statistics, and since no-one on this forum is an expert it would be best if we deferred to those that are.

Russia, Mongolia & Singapore closed their borders in January --- Virus peaked, zilch fatalities -- Is that not proof in the pudding, CW?

The virus is being politicised by the Left and we should've closed our borders.

Those are the facts.

22 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I doubt you’ll be posting much soon either. Enjoy your break you poisonous and twisted right wing nut job 🥜🤪🥜🤪🥜🤪🤪🥜

Okay, Swindo 🤣

2 hours ago, Jools said:

Let's have some realism via Paul Joseph Watson  👇 He's correct -- We should've closed our borders, ffs -- and yes, the virus is being politicised.

No, and no it isn’t. You may have won the Brexit argument, but this virus is likely to have the last laugh on your kind. The boy Donald and his sidekick Jarred are doing a bang up job aren’t they? Nigel trying to get back in the act too but Boris at least has him at arms length. Karma and all that, Jools....

Edited by Surfer

8 hours ago, sonyc said:

That sounds like a decent solution. Play 22 in the EPL next season. You could see how all divisions could flex their number in an interim season. A creative solution.

This was going to be my suggestion, then relegate five the following season.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

This was going to be my suggestion, then relegate five the following season.

So , will we get 3 years of parachute payments then?😕

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

So , will we get 3 years of parachute payments then?😕

Obviously a complete minefield...

I really do not see how they could relegate teams with so many games to play and many teams in the relegation mix. The best solution is to bump top 2 or 3 teams up and then relegate 5 or 6. If it proves successful and the teams are competitive, maybe even keep the extra teams and only relegate the usual number. Atleast the PL should seriously consider that.

And which 2 get promoted? The obvious answer would be Leeds and wba, but I'm sure any of the teams down to at least forest would object to that decision, not forgetting the playoff spot...

2 minutes ago, Upo said:

I really do not see how they could relegate teams with so many games to play and many teams in the relegation mix. The best solution is to bump top 2 or 3 teams up and then relegate 5 or 6. If it proves successful and the teams are competitive, maybe even keep the extra teams and only relegate the usual number. Atleast the PL should seriously consider that.

Uefa have said that to be eligible for their comps the top division can only have a max 20 teams in it, that's why the pl shrank all those years ago...

I think the situation demand serious rethinking from UEFA. They should probably look at the financial disparities and figure out how to keep the leagues competitive: essentially redistribution. Also redistribution from men's football to women's. The percentages wouldn't need to be huge to be game changers for women and very helpful to small teams.

2 minutes ago, Upo said:

I think the situation demand serious rethinking from UEFA. They should probably look at the financial disparities and figure out how to keep the leagues competitive: essentially redistribution. Also redistribution from men's football to women's. The percentages wouldn't need to be huge to be game changers for women and very helpful to small teams.

I think the richest clubs have already formed a queue, desperate to sign up, absolutely committed to sharing their wealth with those less blessed. Then I woke up.

• Haha 1

Personally I'm incredibly dubious about the numbers coming from Russia.  I suspect we'll discover they have a similar level of outbreak which will just get worse because they're trying to cover it up.

Also the closing borders idea is just nonsense.  The virus is out there and is world wide.  It's not going to just go away.  You'd have to shut your borders for 6 months and even that might not be enough.  We import about half our food and most of the products in our supermarkets.  It's one of those ideas that sounds superficially a good idea but is actually just nonsense.

23 hours ago, Jools said:

Well, that's Watson's point isn't it? We should've closed our borders as did Russia, Singapore and Mongolia in January -- The latter have peaked and the mortality rate is zilch...

And yes, the virus is being politicised --- You really have to be a special kind of idiot to think otherwise.

And you are a complete flucking moron. Russia and Singapore haven't closed their borders  - I know people who are still travelling there from the UK and who have been since January. Mongolia I don't know about but I'm guessing that like every other lie you pretend is truth that is rubbish too. 

Is there not a fascist forum somewhere you could bughger off too?