Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Leicester City Coronavirus

Wonder if there will be a refund (optional) on season tickets recently renewed for 2020/21 and also including whatever games are left outstanding for this season?...... 

3 minutes ago, makham said:

Old Bailey?? High court more likely.

Old Bailey is a criminal court. Dealing with sporting legalities of that kind would go to the High court. (RCJ)

I stand corrected your honour.

Edited by ricardo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

My hands are so clean I could safely do heart surgery on myself without gloves.😷

I deliberately sneeze into my hands just so I have to wash them again and again......It's an obsession.....I'm the new Howard Hughes.....

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I stand corrected your honour.

Too late. 5 year season ticket at Portman Road. 

Ricardo you are the oldest and wisest and you can do whole sentences. You should therefore be given the honour of creating the Staying Up thread. Poor taste I know but we should try to look on the bright side. 

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Too late. 5 year season ticket at Portman Road. 

Ricardo you are the oldest and wisest and you can do whole sentences. You should therefore be given the honour of creating the Staying Up thread. Poor taste I know but we should try to look on the bright side. 

TWTD would go into meltdown🤣

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

TWTD would go into meltdown🤣

I would love to read your report on a game at Portman Road. Next season we should all chip in and pay for you to go. I'd love to accompany you but I have to walk the dogs...... 

28 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

COBRA is about to pronounce judgement. Switch on Radio 4 or 5.

My guess is that Boris will demand we step up our hand washing and in addition don't stand next to anyone foreign on the bus

He usually self stipulates that part anyway, as a mater of course.

20 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Bang go the Euros and Champions League

Man C v Madrid off

15 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Having the Euros finals next summer would mean they came between the European qualifying matches for the 2022 World Cup, where there are already matches scheduled for June. That could probably be got around but it would mean a vast amount of competitive international football from March to November.

That said postponing the Euros would probably be the one way leagues could be possibly be completed this season, by assuming, say, that the virus would have stopped affecting squads by the end of April, and then May and June could be given over to a crash programme of matches. But that would be a big assumption...

“ All three players were subsequently advised by NHS 111 that their symptoms were consistent with common seasonal illness and that a seven-day period of self-isolation was appropriate as a precaution. “ 

I agree that as soon as a player tests positive for Covid-19 then everything changes, but that time is not yet it seems. 

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That said postponing the Euros would probably be the one way leagues could be possibly be completed this season, by assuming, say, that the virus would have stopped affecting squads by the end of April, and then May and June could be given over to a crash programme of matches. But that would be a big assumption...

Best to just scrap the Euros - give the time back to domestic leagues to catch up if it’s needed.

Just now, Surfer said:

Best to just scrap the Euros - give the time back to domestic leagues to catch up if it’s needed.

Fine except I care more about the Euros than tedious domestic football...🤓

38 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Fine except I care more about the Euros than tedious domestic football...🤓

Now saying peak 10 to 14 weeks away so difficult to see any catching up in the summer. This looks like going right through the close season.

Not a single member of the media asked Boris and the experts why our approach is completely different to every other European country. I'm worried now 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Now saying peak 10 to 14 weeks away so difficult to see any catching up in the summer. This looks like going right through the close season.

Yes, just seen that. If true it would surely scupper the idea of delaying and finishing in late spring, early summer.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

12 to 14 weeks maybe too ambitious. 12 days ago Italy had a death rate in the 30s. Now it has passed a thousand.

Its doubling every three days so we are certainly fewer than 4 weeks behind Italy. I expect events will quickly overtake the plan.

Just now, ricardo said:

Its doubling every three days so we are certainly fewer than 4 weeks behind Italy. I expect events will quickly overtake the plan.

Agree with this. These figures are simply going to double every few days. The only tangent about football seems to be a further discussion about the effect on services and public workers (health, police etc) who support matches whose resources may start to become stretched.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

12 to 14 weeks maybe too ambitious. 12 days ago Italy had a death rate in the 30s. Now it has passed a thousand.

Depends on what the peak is considered to be. Italy may be nowhere near the peak as yet

18 minutes ago, JF said:

Depends on what the peak is considered to be. Italy may be nowhere near the peak as yet

That is very true. I was just pointing out that in 12 days, the figures have multiplied at an accelerating rate.

There’s no competitiveness in the league if we have whole teams self isolating. It’s hard to see it carrying on

I would suggest this season is suspended until safe to restart. The start of 2020|21 season will be delayed accordingly. It's a non Euro / World Cup season so could over-run. WBA, Leeds and at least one other will sue the EPL for £200m each as will the current bottom 3. It won't be cancelled the EPL just don't have that sort of money.

PS I couldn't give a **** about football at this moment in time, far more important things to worry about. Cancel this season and next if it has to be done. Beggars belief large public gatherings haven't been banned. 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I would suggest this season is suspended until safe to restart. The start of 2020|21 season will be delayed accordingly. It's a non Euro / World Cup season so could over-run. WBA, Leeds and at least one other will sue the EPL for £200m each as will the current bottom 3. It won't be cancelled the EPL just don't have that sort of money.

PS I couldn't give a **** about football at this moment in time, far more important things to worry about. Cancel this season and next if it has to be done. Beggars belief large public gatherings haven't been banned. 

No one can sue the EFL if the government tells them football is cancelled. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not a single member of the media asked Boris and the experts why our approach is completely different to every other European country. I'm worried now 

Urm, the Chief Medical Officer literally explained it straight after Boris. The belief is that by trying to snuff it out via a lockdown it’ll just result in lockdown fatigue and a larger breakout down the line. They’re trying to delay the outbreak to maximise herd immunity. They know they cannot prevent people getting it (and they can’t, my little sister’s probably got it) so the best option is to try and keep the NHS as freed up as possible and encourage people to self isolate where possible. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Urm, the Chief Medical Officer literally explained it straight after Boris. The belief is that by trying to snuff it out via a lockdown it’ll just result in lockdown fatigue and a larger breakout down the line. They’re trying to delay the outbreak to maximise herd immunity. They know they cannot prevent people getting it (and they can’t, my little sister’s probably got it) so the best option is to try and keep the NHS as freed up as possible and encourage people to self isolate where possible. 

Exactly. Also flattening out the outbreak gives time to prepare and will reduce the peak load on the NHS - which will save lives. We have to accept this virus is out there and there’s no way to just stop it, it’s impossible, all we can do is manage it as best as possible, and the UK approach seems to me very realistic as the way to go.

• Like 1