Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Hands up those who are not going Saturday

If 25,000 Norwich fans covered themselves in bitumen and then ran onto the playing surface, would that be a pitch invasion?......

1 hour ago, JF said:

Can’t provide a link as I’ve seen it on twitter but the times sport are saying all matches are to be played behind closed doors in all leagues. Season ticket holders will be able to access streams, no matches to be shown in pubs

Times Sport are reporting what COULD happen, not what definitely will happen. It depends on the outcome of the government's Cobra committee meeting this morning. If the pandemic response is moved from 'contain' to 'delay', then a crisis plan for football will be announced. All matches behind closed doors is part of that plan. Even then, the Times report only says that the plan MAY be implemented if the number of coronavirus cases passes 500. Last announcement a couple of hours ago was 460 cases.

10 minutes ago, Serinus said:

Times Sport are reporting what COULD happen, not what definitely will happen. It depends on the outcome of the government's Cobra committee meeting this morning. If the pandemic response is moved from 'contain' to 'delay', then a crisis plan for football will be announced. All matches behind closed doors is part of that plan. Even then, the Times report only says that the plan MAY be implemented if the number of coronavirus cases passes 500. Last announcement a couple of hours ago was 460 cases.

New cases are not announced until 2pm each day, 460 was yesterday at 2pm. Highly likely the government will move from contain to delay today. Just breaking news now that all La Liga matches are now shutting down for the next couple of weeks at least and Real Madrid players are having to self isolate. It’s a matter of when not if the season is cancelled, Playing behind closed doors won’t work 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JF said:

New cases are not announced until 2pm each day, 460 was yesterday at 2pm. Highly likely the government will move from contain to delay today. Just breaking news now that all La Liga matches are now shutting down for the next couple of weeks at least and Real Madrid players are having to self isolate. It’s a matter of when not if the season is cancelled, Playing behind closed doors won’t work 

This is a very good graph demonstrating the trajectories of Covid19 in countries.

IMG_20200312_101053.jpg

Unconfirmed reports that the champions league and Europa league are to be suspended with immediate impact 

18 minutes ago, sonyc said:

This is a very good graph demonstrating the trajectories of Covid19 in countries.

IMG_20200312_101053.jpg

Whatever Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore did looks the right approach from this?

4 minutes ago, JF said:

Whatever Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore did looks the right approach from this?

I haven't read such a comprehensive piece as this. It's a fascinating read, written from a largely mathematical perspective rather than a political one). It answers your questions. It gives pointers and solutions. (Beware it is a long read but punctuated by numerous graphs and analysis. And you can quickly scan the whole in a few minutes if you wish).

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

• Like 1

Ireland has just closed all schools. If our Government doesn't act today it will look like they just don't care. 

They don't care but they don't want you to think that 

4 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

Sometimes it’s good to be an island in the North Atlantic.

Im glad that im on an Island off an island off mainland Europe. Ireland is shutting down all schools and Colleges from 6 pm tonight. 

My grandson is, of course , delighted...he's 12. Wait till he hears that u13 egg chasing  matches and training are off too for the duration, he won't be v happy at all. I'll have get him chopping firewood to burn off excess energy.

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ireland has just closed all schools. If our Government doesn't act today it will look like they just don't care. 

They don't care but they don't want you to think that 

Have just seen on BBC that the government will not close schools today and are taking a different path to other countries 

7 minutes ago, JF said:

Have just seen on BBC that the government will not close schools today and are taking a different path to other countries 

You're looking at a different news programme to me

6 minutes ago, JF said:

Events will overtake them and make them look hapless.

People and even EPL teams will no show. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

Events will overtake them and make them look hapless.

People and even EPL teams will no show. 

They already look hapless. Boris fiddles while London burns 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You're looking at a different news programme to me

BBC news hd. Just been saying about Ireland closing schools but our government believe it’s too early as what happens 30 days down the line? They were saying it’s a dangerous game because clearly other governments experts believe the time is right to do it and if it’s blows up in Johnson’s face people will point to what other countries have done. 

edit: If this continues to escalate I will take my own action and remove my son from school

Edited by JF

1 hour ago, Serinus said:

It is going up by an average of 130 percent per day, in line with China, Italy, Spain etc. We are just several days behind.

53 minutes ago, sonyc said:

IMG_20200312_101053.jpg

So the UK will arrive at the point where Italy is in less than a fortnight unless preventative measures are taken, and it seems the UK is one of the few countries that are not doing anything.

The situation in Italy is really strange right now. I just went to the supermarket, and there are noticably fewer cars on the road, no bars open, no shops- just supermarkets. The supermarket had hardly anyone in it at a time when it would usually be rammed, and most customers were wearing masks. The elderly were nowhere to be seen. Shelves are completely full, because obviously they've received deliveries as usual before the restrictions but nobody is out buying it. It's like living life at 4am but in broad daylight in the middle of the day.

It's surreal, and it will be in the UK within a week or two, I'm sure. It may not seem like it now, but I could never have imagined it being like this here a fortnight ago when everyone was so blasé. 

Spain has just hit the 500 per day mark. The numbers will look like Italy by the weekend as will the rest of Europe in a week.

Governments are still fiddling while Rome burns.

Kinda surprised that Man of The People Boris has not acted already, as stated above Ireland gone into Semi Shutdown from 6 pm tonight. Irish Govt has promised Min payment of €305 per week for those going into self isolation.... to be paid quickly, expect your caring , sharing Tory govt to lend those affected a few quid, maybe, eventually at premium interest rates, of course.

Ireland is not perfect, of course but Jeez lads, what are the Tories thinking? we dont even have an Elected Govt in place due to recent elections, but they seem to have put political differences aside and made decisions to try to ensure minimum effects of this Bug. The sooner everyone adopts a 'blitz mentality ' and start pulling together, the better, but i fear that is beyond those that Britain voted into power.It's just doesnt seem to be in their DNA. 

So lets say the season is unable to finish, will they relegate the teams currently occupying the bottom 3 or play the current season again meaning we're not relegated and Leeds are not promoted? :classic_biggrin: 

Any delays or postponements will otherwise surely overlap onto the Euros. What a massive ball ache. 

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So the UK will arrive at the point where Italy is in less than a fortnight unless preventative measures are taken, and it seems the UK is one of the few countries that are not doing anything.

The situation in Italy is really strange right now. I just went to the supermarket, and there are noticably fewer cars on the road, no bars open, no shops- just supermarkets. The supermarket had hardly anyone in it at a time when it would usually be rammed, and most customers were wearing masks. The elderly were nowhere to be seen. Shelves are completely full, because obviously they've received deliveries as usual before the restrictions but nobody is out buying it. It's like living life at 4am but in broad daylight in the middle of the day.

It's surreal, and it will be in the UK within a week or two, I'm sure. It may not seem like it now, but I could never have imagined it being like this here a fortnight ago when everyone was so blasé. 

Wacky, yes that looks increasingly likely. Do glance over the linked article above by Tomas Pueyo (my response to JF). It shows how quickly in neat graphs what is happening. This is why I've been so vocal about this. The death rates are expected to be c.5% if you don't take action soon. It can be as low as 0.5% otherwise. The higher number is a reflection of the sheer battle the NHS will experience (pushing it's ability to stand up and not collapse). Obviously yesterday's budget helps the response. But we don't need to respond late, we must take pre-emptive action.

2 minutes ago, crab man said:

So lets say the season is unable to finish, will they relegate the teams currently occupying the bottom 3 or play the current season again meaning we're not relegated and Leeds are not promoted? :classic_biggrin: 

Any delays or postponements will otherwise surely overlap onto the Euros. What a massive ball ache. 

There won't be a Euros

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Kinda surprised that Man of The People Boris has not acted already, as stated above Ireland gone into Semi Shutdown from 6 pm tonight. Irish Govt has promised Min payment of €305 per week for those going into self isolation.... to be paid quickly, expect your caring , sharing Tory govt to lend those affected a few quid, maybe, eventually at premium interest rates, of course.

Ireland is not perfect, of course but Jeez lads, what are the Tories thinking? we dont even have an Elected Govt in place due to recent elections, but they seem to have put political differences aside and made decisions to try to ensure minimum effects of this Bug. The sooner everyone adopts a 'blitz mentality ' and start pulling together, the better, but i fear that is beyond those that Britain voted into power.It's just doesnt seem to be in their DNA. 

Bravo wcorkcanary! Spot on. We should be bringing the nation together now. We must 'flatten the curve'.

I did post (feels like a long while ago but isn't) a couple of weeks ago that if this wasn't  handled properly it could bring down a government (if the UK finds it's management is way behind others) and I haven't changed my opinion. This is a depressing subject I know (and in a football forum) but ultimately as Linekar has posted, people are more important. Pinkun posters are very much included.

Edited by sonyc

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Bravo wcorkcanary! Spot on. We should be bringing the nation together now. I did post (feels like a long while ago but isn't) a couple of weeks ago that if this wasn't  handled properly it could bring down a government (if the UK finds it's management is way behind others) and I haven't changed my opinion. This is a depressing subject I know (and in a football forum) but ultimately as Linekar has posted people are more important.

Bill Shankly Quotes

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Really Bill? makes a lovely soundbite but i doubt many sane people would agree with you now.

Perhaps they could honor promotions but not relegations? Give Liverpool the title and promote Leeds, WBA, and Fulham then play 2020-2021 with 23 clubs and relegate 6? That would be fair ... and ideal for us!

23 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Bravo wcorkcanary! Spot on. We should be bringing the nation together now. We must 'flatten the curve'.

I did post (feels like a long while ago but isn't) a couple of weeks ago that if this wasn't  handled properly it could bring down a government (if the UK finds it's management is way behind others) and I haven't changed my opinion. This is a depressing subject I know (and in a football forum) but ultimately as Linekar has posted, people are more important. Pinkun posters are very much included.

Its not as black and white as you and the graphs make out. The Government have to make sure that if life is put on hold and all nonessential businesses are closed that we all have lives to go back to! They have to way up what could be described as the collateral damage (lose of life) with the financial impact which could have an even greater effect on life if handled badly. This is a war against an enemy you cant see and hard decisions will have to be made for the greater good and the long term future.

Doubt many people will like that but heyho thats life.

Edited by Hardhouse44