Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Hands up those who are not going Saturday

I'm not - my son and his debating team had to be taken to Oxford on Saturday, as no teachers were available.  So I offered my seat for the game through the buyback scheme.

Tonight the Oxford event has been cancelled (virus-related) but my seat has been re-sold so I can't go back on that.

31 minutes ago, wooster said:

I'm not - my son and his debating team had to be taken to Oxford on Saturday, as no teachers were available.  So I offered my seat for the game through the buyback scheme.

Tonight the Oxford event has been cancelled (virus-related) but my seat has been re-sold so I can't go back on that.

No good deed goes unpunished Woostero. 

• Haha 1

Recommended six feet separation.

So that's every other row unoccupied, and two seats empty either side of each supporter? 

So about 3,000 maximum attendance allowed at Carrow Rd then? 

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Recommended six feet separation.

So that's every other row unoccupied, and two seats empty either side of each supporter? 

So about 3,000 maximum attendance allowed at Carrow Rd then? 

1p5wich have been doing this for years. I don’t know what effects it has had on infection rates.

592ED92A-E32C-44EE-A9A4-96D90CA4FB79.jpeg

• Haha 8

No one is going. The times are reporting as an exclusive that all games in all leagues will now be played behind closed doors. 

Edited by JF

How do you count the ones that can't lift their hands because they are sick with the lurgy? 

• Haha 1

Have you ever seen a game "behind closed doors"? There are usually a few thousand there anyway!

1 minute ago, king canary said:

We're absolutely going to make an FA Cup final and have to play it behind closed doors aren't we?

No. Season will be cancelled way before then

• Like 2

It does seem irresponsible to let games take place at all if the situation is such that fans cannot attend. Exposing the players, staff and club personnel is unnecessary.

Best thing to do is just call it off and we can have a do-over next year. Safety first.

1 minute ago, Jack Barak said:

It does seem irresponsible to let games take place at all if the situation is such that fans cannot attend. Exposing the players, staff and club personnel is unnecessary.

Best thing to do is just call it off and we can have a do-over next year. Safety first.

It’s looking highly unlikely that even next season will start. Look at how far things have developed in the last 7 days. I can’t see the current season lasting more than two more weeks and that will be the last football played for the foreseeable future until the world gets on top of this 

11 minutes ago, JF said:

No. Season will be cancelled way before then

Does our little wager ref Farke become nul and void then JFo? The only loser then is Pups, how about if season abandoned we both donate a fiver.....we both lose a little, pups lose nothing. 

I can’t see that this week’s games will be behind closed doors, but it seems fairly likely that it might happen for next weekend....Saturday could well be our last proper footy for a while.

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Does our little wager ref Farke become nul and void then JFo? The only loser then is Pups, how about if season abandoned we both donate a fiver.....we both lose a little, pups lose nothing. 

Sounds fine to me

Farke's "little miracle" may be happening but not in the way he could ever imagine it.

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I can’t see that this week’s games will be behind closed doors, but it seems fairly likely that it might happen for next weekend....Saturday could well be our last proper footy for a while.

Can’t provide a link as I’ve seen it on twitter but the times sport are saying all matches are to be played behind closed doors in all leagues. Season ticket holders will be able to access streams, no matches to be shown in pubs

3 hours ago, Wilson said:

1p5wich have been doing this for years. I don’t know what effects it has had on infection rates.

592ED92A-E32C-44EE-A9A4-96D90CA4FB79.jpeg

They're immune because the ground itself is already a toilet full of various, dangerous pathogens 😂

Edited by BobLoz3

6 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

They're immune because the ground itself is already a toilet full of various, dangerous pathogens 😂

This is one social distancing measure I would be most happy about...never being within 6 feet of a binner.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, king canary said:

We're absolutely going to make an FA Cup final and have to play it behind closed doors aren't we?

Would be top-level Along Come Norwich, to be fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Would be top-level Along Come Norwich, to be fair.

Fill Wembley with flags

I have considered hiring a mobile hydraulic servicing platform if a behind closed doors ban is to be enforced. As an alternative,  I'm contemplating booking a pitch side facing room in the Carra Holiday Inn......3 plus me for the hydraulic platform cage (unfortunately weight, personal hygiene & personality restrictions apply - and definitely no acrophobia sufferers) it's 14 plus me for the pitch side facing room in the Inn (personality, height, body & head size plus quality of one's personal hygiene restrictions will also apply - and definitely no claustrophobia sufferers).....Individual costs of Hydraulic Platform viewing tickets are £65.00 each (no concessions or refunds) and Pitch Side room tickets are £45.00 each (no concessions or refunds).....Temperatures and health assessment (plus a body odour sniff check) of prospective candidates will be taken 20 mins prior to kick-off.....Failure of the mandatory health assessment and reesty bugga sniff check, no refunds apply.....

Footnote.....Anybody know anyone who's got a fully functional 'Romulan Cloaking Device' for sale?......

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I have considered hiring a mobile hydraulic servicing platform if a behind closed doors ban is to be enforced. As an alternative,  I'm contemplating booking a pitch side facing room in the Carra Holiday Inn......3 plus me for the hydraulic platform cage (unfortunately weight, personal hygiene & personality restrictions apply - and definitely no acrophobia sufferers) it's 14 plus me for the pitch side facing room in the Inn (personality, height, body & head size plus quality of one's personal hygiene restrictions will also apply - and definitely no claustrophobia sufferers).....Individual costs of Hydraulic Platform viewing tickets are £65.00 each (no concessions or refunds) and Pitch Side room tickets are £45.00 each (no concessions or refunds).....Temperatures and health assessment (plus a body odour sniff check) of prospective candidates will be taken 20 mins prior to kick-off.....Failure of the mandatory health assessment and reesty bugga sniff check, no refunds apply.....

Footnote.....Anybody know anyone who's got a fully functional 'Romulan Cloaking Device' for sale?......

Now you're not a son of "Bor, Bor, Bor" are you Mello? 

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Now you're not a son of "Bor, Bor, Bor" are you Mello? 

No relation.....Close or distant.....If I unfortunately was, it would have to be very, very, very......distant.....