Sign in to follow this  
nik wyer

Would you take Francis back?

QUESTION !

If we were given a chance to resign Francis in the summer, would you forgive him, and hope he played again for us like he has in the past?

Or tell him politely where to go!

Me? I would never, ever, want to see him in our shirt again!!!!!

Always interested in quality players - Damo was far from alone in his actions and I could forgive him.

Not in anyway a committed footballer if you ask me. I have a feeling a lot of our current problems are down to his bad influence.

He went missing when we needed him most at Fulham( and for about 10 games before that) and then threw his toys out the pram when he didn''t get his way pre-season.

Don''t ever want to see him wearing a City shirt again.

NO

Only on thursday night NW said that he was a distruptive influence, walking off the training pitch. Nigel doesnt like him, the players dont like him and he didnt want to be here. Its obvious he has talent, but he hasnt shown it this season and we dont want someone who is going to unsettle the current crop of players.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I''d have him back in a shot too, we''ve never replaced him either!.[/quote]

Wiz - isn''t this a touch hypocrticial, given yr the first to condemn any player who shows the slightest hint of wanting-away, let alone Francis, who showed blatant contempt for the club?

Poor touch, worse tackling, zero application. Why would you want him back? Let him stay on the bench in front of 8,000 Wiganers.

No. We don''t need anybody with an attitude problem at the club. He showed how much he "loved" Norwich City in his last season at the club, so I should think he''s burnt all his bridges when it comes to the question of a return.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]No. We don''t need anybody with an attitude problem at the club. He showed how much he "loved" Norwich City in his last season at the club, so I should think he''s burnt all his bridges when it comes to the question of a return.[/quote]

100% agreed

NO - we got the best out of francis in our champ winning season and for the first half of the prem, he''s not been the same player since his broken cheekbone for whatever reason.  imo dicko will improve to surpass ability of francis eventually.

And the best part is:

Francis wanted two things:

1). To spend as much time in London as possible (read Iwan''s book).

2). To play in the Premier League.

So, didn''t you detect a touch of payback when Norwich held off other offers to sell him to Wigan. If the Isle of Mull had a team in the English Premier league I think City would have done their best to sell Francis to them.

I bet he is sulking his socks off and pining for Peckham.

I agree with you, Rudolph, that once a player leaves, they shouldn''t return to a Club - they''re rarley the same force again.

Anyone that betrays Norwich should not be allowed back, unless he''s playing for the opposition and can cope with 25,000 Norfolk Boys (and Girls) making his life hell.

If he''d have given his all THEN left I could understand it. But the amount of times he stood around when he should have been tackling, then act the "big fish in a little pond" .... Uggghh.

No thanks.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I''d have him back in a shot too, we''ve never replaced him either!.[/quote]

Yes i would have him back and have him shot as well?