Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Massive Congratulations to Tim Krul

So, as expected, Tim Krul has been called up to the Holland squad.

Totally deserved. To think that at the beginning of last season Tim was making bad mistakes and getting slated by some on here.

Since then he has been brilliant in every way - a great goalkeeper and a massive presence and a leader in our team.

Well done Tim - and well done to the genius Stuart Webber who brought a Dutch international goalkeeper to our club for a transfer fee of precisely nothing!

• Like 5

Got to remember it was only a couple of months ago, if that, that some posters were crazily wanting Fahrmann to get a start ahead of him! Looks even more crazy now than it did before, and it looked pretty crazy then!

• Like 1

Only 31 too, so a good asset to have. 

To go from languishing in Brighton reserves, unable to get enough games to find confidence and form after injury, to where he has now is brilliant to see.  Has really bought into the club too and is one of our chief talismen and a big character. Hope he loves us enough to stay here for many years....I would like to think he does and he is fast becoming a legend at the club following in its line of great goalkeepers.  

I was ready to kick Tim to the curb at the start of last season after some weak-wristed performances.  Glad I'm just a plebeian and not in charge of decision making as he's been great - even before his Tottenham heroics.

Although I suspect whoever ended up being our goalkeeper this season was always nailed on for 'player of the year' considering our not-exactly-wonderful defensive record.