Massive couple of games against the Saints and Man U,  this is probably the first time all season where Pukki's position in the side is under threat.  

I personally would like to see Drmic start who will be chomping at the bit, it's a big call for Farke who stays loyal to his players but Pukki is out of form and will be a great option off the bench. 

Thoughts?

I would never drop Pukki at the moment, his overall work rate is incredible.

Monstrous suggestion good sir.

He may have missed a chance or two recently, but I would not label that out of form, and defences are occupied more now that they are aware of the dangers he presents. A decent through ball from Buendia would put that to rights.

Iagree with Drmic starting, but would have Pukki play behind him. Duda is the dud for me, and young Todd has had a busy time of it as late  ...and not scored either.

Switch it around a bit DF, as you did last week at half time. 

Yeah reading that i agree with alot of it,  to be fair it's not like Pukki gets 3 or 4 good chances a game like an Aguero or Salah.  Just that when he misses a chance it's magnified as it usually makes all the difference for us.

I would like to see Drmic start but just don't think Farke will go with both from the off - hopefully he surpises us! 

Edited by Lewis NCFC

Not for me. Pukki's confidence will have taken a hit by not scoring recently, which is something he will feel responsible for (as a striker).

He is a quality player, not just striker. He does so much more than put the ball in the net, Drmic is still a bit of an unknown with that. 

Competition for places is great, but it would seem that the benefits of waiting for it to come for Pukki outweigh the benefits of what the coaching staff see in training of Drmic at the moment. 

If Pukki were to be injured for a couple of games and Drmic came in and set it alight, then I can see the selection conundrum. But this is a different situation. Pukki hasn't lost his ability overnight, he's having a dry spell, it happens with all strikers.

At the moment Pukki is seeing that everyone still has faith in him, Farke still picks him, the fans still sing his name. To a player with his ability, it will most certainly come.

But remove that opportunity for him to change that, drop him, lose all that faith he is seeing and his confidence will be none existent when we arguably need the contributions we know he is capable of the most.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

Puuki's work rate is  immense and the link up with Buendia almost telepathic. I would stick with him. If he gets the service he will score again and his confidence will return. All strikers have these spells. 

• Like 1

Another good point, realistically Drmic is on the bench for southampton and will start against Man U.  It would be good to see him  come off the bench earlier like Sheff U or have started more but injuries have hampered him. 

I agree the loss of confidence Pukki might get from being dropped could have a massive impact for his remainder of the season which i've slightly overlooked - It's a fine balance. 

4 2 2 2 for me..

Krul

Lewis Hanley Godfrey Aaron's

McLean Tettey 

Cantwell Buendia

Pukki Drmic

Cantwell is out for a couple of games

...and Aarons has no apostrophe.

Further technical information will be chargeable 🙂

Edited by Pugin
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, First Wazzock said:

Did he have surgery to remove it?

No, he was born that way 🙂

• Haha 1

Pukki to the bench would be my choice. 
He has had many chances where he seems to want to take too many touches than he did at the start of the season. 
I would love to see Drmic and Idah start. 
We have run out of games to wait for Pukki to rediscover his goal scoring form. 

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

Cantwell is out for a couple of games

...and Aarons has no apostrophe.

Further technical information will be chargeable 🙂

I didn't know Todd was out? I thought he came off for tactical reasons.

22 hours ago, Lewis NCFC said:

Massive couple of games against the Saints and Man U,  this is probably the first time all season where Pukki's position in the side is under threat.  

I personally would like to see Drmic start who will be chomping at the bit, it's a big call for Farke who stays loyal to his players but Pukki is out of form and will be a great option off the bench. 

Thoughts?

Play both, there is more than one formation out there

22 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I would never drop Pukki at the moment, his overall work rate is incredible.

Sometimes a rest is beneficial though, and Drmic stated his case for a place with a good poachers goal. 

18 hours ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I'd be tempted to bring Drmic in for Duda and drop Pukki a little deeper.

Mate I got roasted when suggesting that in the past, but I also like this idea. 

Think the two could work well in tandem, both are experienced players,  both capable of interchanging positions and giving oppo cente halves something extra to think about. We have become a little predictable and at this level need something  different.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Think the two could work well in tandem, both are experienced players,  both capable of interchanging positions and giving oppo cente halves something extra to think about. We have become a little predictable and at this level need something  different.  

Agreed and I would date this becoming X back to say, September

Scoring goals is a huge problem at the moment, so we need to find a way to address that. The obvious way is to play 2 strikers and provide them with better opportunities to score.

The diamond worked ok at Sheff U in the 2nd half, so, if Cantwell is injured, I'd go with a midfield of

Tettey

Buendia MacLean

Duda 

behind Pukki and Drmic.

2 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Scoring goals is a huge problem at the moment, so we need to find a way to address that. The obvious way is to play 2 strikers and provide them with better opportunities to score.

The diamond worked ok at Sheff U in the 2nd half, so, if Cantwell is injured, I'd go with a midfield of

Tettey

Buendia MacLean

Duda 

behind Pukki and Drmic.

Think I'd rather put Emi at the tip & put Idah as one of the two. Duda just doesn't look up for it, which is a shame, as he's class.