Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

and so it begins - Man C v Arsenal off

Lot of you guys whining about the Government and thinking theyve not reacted enough yet, but should it matter to you personally? Is it possible that some of you, if youre that worried,  cant at least act individually and self isolate yourselves?..in some cases those who are able to, can do this for themselves without waiting for their leaders to say ok guys its lockdown time.

Also as yet, i cannot relate one single nation that has acted soon enough or prompt enough to definitely say it  absolutely  halted the Coronavirus increse substantially...the point being...the virus is still marching thru most nations, but is likely in most populations enough already  so as to make it very hard  not to have substantial increases of infections. Macron  banned  gatherings of over 5k  quite awhile ago and went further by banning  gatherings of 1k last week. Has it  altered the increase in numbers getting infected?

But the main thing is...we have to act individually as much as we can, following the  advice of the medical profession, washing hands etc, social distancing  to..in anycase...yes its just a matter of when now, not if, the games are  played in empty stadia or  called off entirely.

39 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Will you be coming to the game on Saturday Ricardo or will you help to get ahead of the curve ?

Depends on what curve you mean.

Its a difficult decision and I have not decided yet but I am now convinced that this will be the last match of the season. Where we go from here is impossible to say.

If I do go It might be the last match I ever see but equally, if I don't go it might be the last match never see.

43 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Will you be coming to the game on Saturday Ricardo or will you help to get ahead of the curve ?

My GP told me today that based on what's happened in Italy I have a 40% chance of dying if I get it. I'm staying at home. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Lot of you guys whining about the Government and thinking theyve not reacted enough yet, but should it matter to you personally? Is it possible that some of you, if youre that worried,  cant at least act individually and self isolate yourselves?..in some cases those who are able to, can do this for themselves without waiting for their leaders to say ok guys its lockdown time.

Also as yet, i cannot relate one single nation that has acted soon enough or prompt enough to definitely say it  absolutely  halted the Coronavirus increse substantially...the point being...the virus is still marching thru most nations, but is likely in most populations enough already  so as to make it very hard  not to have substantial increases of infections. Macron  banned  gatherings of over 5k  quite awhile ago and went further by banning  gatherings of 1k last week. Has it  altered the increase in numbers getting infected?

But the main thing is...we have to act individually as much as we can, following the  advice of the medical profession, washing hands etc, social distancing  to..in anycase...yes its just a matter of when now, not if, the games are  played in empty stadia or  called off entirely.

Why do you say washing hands etc. There is no need for etc. It's the only advice we have been given 

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

My GP told me today that based on what's happened in Italy I have a 40% chance of dying if I get it. I'm staying at home. 

That’s so tough, hope to see you at CR sometime soon

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Depends on what curve you mean.

Its a difficult decision and I have not decided yet but I am now convinced that this will be the last match of the season. Where we go from here is impossible to say.

If I do go It might be the last match I ever see but equally, if I don't go it might be the last match never see.

That is either sad or dryly funny Ricardo.

Let's hope there are happy twists ahead in this gloomy story and that there is leadership and progressive action very soon to try and control and beat it.

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Absolutely  terrifying isn’t it. I’ve no idea of your age or possible underlying health issues but I’m worrying myself stupid over my mother who comes into contact with hundreds of people every day, with her health issues I don’t think she’d survive. Even though I’m relatively young with my severe asthma I honestly don’t know how I’d cope. A common cold can leave me fighting to breath. Very worrying times for many, many people 

Edited by JF

Just now, JF said:

Absolute terrifying isn’t it. I’ve no idea of your age or possible underlying health issues but I’m worrying myself stupid over my mother who comes into contact with hundreds of people every day, with her health issues I don’t think she’s survive. Even though I’m relatively young with my severe asthma I honestly don’t know how I’d cope. A common cold can leave me fighting to breath. Very worrying times for many, many people 

I'm 60 and I have high blood pressure. Apart from that I'm fine but that's what the statistics say

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm 60 and I have high blood pressure. Apart from that I'm fine but that's what the statistics say

60 too. 

All we can do is stringently follow the guidelines and hope that every single person does the same. Even if you’re young and healthy with no underlying issues please think of the people that are not so fortunate 

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sensible decision to be fair if that's what you've been told, don't know why anyone needs to be confused by it.

I'm pretty convinced it will be the last match behind open doors for some while, probably a good 3 or 4 months.

2 minutes ago, JF said:

All we can do is stringently follow the guidelines and hope that every single person does the same. Even if you’re young and healthy with no underlying issues please think of the people that are not so fortunate 

My neighbour went into work on Monday. A woman came in after a week off skiing in Italy. No problem apparently 🙄

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Keep taking the tablets and look after yourself.

As a Non Hogkins sufferer myself, I guess a weakened immune system might not stand me in good stead either.

Just now, ricardo said:

Keep taking the tablets and look after yourself.

As a Non Hogkins sufferer myself, I guess a weakened immune system might not stand me in good stead either.

Ricardo we would all like to read your match reports next season. Please! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You’ll be OK, the forecast is for a month of rising amounts of people catching it, summer should curtail it to some degree, thereafter, there’s already three vaccines in advanced testing, pretty sure come November there will be a vaccine for you old duffers! 👍 stay safe and do what you can.

• Thanks 1

This is all pretty scary stuff.

I'm not quite elderly - officially - and with no obvious vulnerabilities but someone very close to me has underlying health issues and catching this could have very serious consequences indeed.

An old schoolfriend and his wife were due in England today from Australia for a ten week holiday across Europe. He is in remission from multiple myloma and was advised not to travel.

Well the better half just decided to take up the P & O offer to redeem our cruise fee and we will do one when this blows over. Sensible choices to be made by all guys....... Ricardo was correct I’m not doing a cruise this year......though I still have a deposit on one in October!