Bill

Master Bill's class

Having long pointed out how uaseless Mings is I thought it would not go amiss to demonstrate the thinking behind it

https://www.skysports.com/football/leicester-vs-a-villa/408265

1. Quite early on we see Mings not marking nor positioning himself to meet the cross thus allowing a free header

2. The frst goal sees Mings perform yet another of his 'Bambi on ice' attempts at stopping the ball

3. Next we have the Villa player chasing the ball not marking his man - so leaving Barnes free to run at the defence with three unmarked Leics players in the box and the hapless Mings misjudged dived header

4. Again a player (Vardy) is left free to run at the defence and score while Leics 19 is left unmarket and Mings defaults to another Morris Dancing cameo

5. Again no marking as Leics get their fourth - and at no time do you see Mings check who he should be marking.

Yes Bill. I hear some say but you haven't mentioned how many were on top, was there a false 9 (6 with his shirt on the wrong way) or what formation either team were in. No, because that is all old bollox. The ball will move quicker than ever a player can - as we keep finding out with our looney zonal marking.

The ball can get to an opposing player quicker than your legs can, as the crucial initial pass for the third goal showed. And what followed that was not the defenders closing him down and looking to pick up the other attackers but their adopting some kind of Tiller girl line up that left the attackers unmarked.

Maybe this is some new tactic that is being tried out because it is new - just as the vacuous jargom gets trotted out by all and sundry who wish to sound 'with it'. But all I see is inumerable goal chances and goals that should never be,

ps in the 1st goal we have to assume that the pass by Albrighton will be accorded another bit of nonsense an 'assist' on the basis he was the last but one Leics player to touch the ball. - much as with Vardy's second

It was Bournemouth who made Mings with that £8m fee to ITFC.

He was eventually sussed out by Howe and loaned out,although his long injury may have hindured his progress.

The fact that his arrival at Villa coincided with an upturn in the club's fortunes may have some merit but it was in the Championship.

Perhaps many of the Villa support now recognise his erratic ways and failing which leave only the binners who still think he's some sort of superstar.... but then they overate all their players.

On the other hand Southgate has used him twice.

Bottom line: Wouldn't want him at Carrow Road nor should I think Farke would. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

I disagree with your opinions of Ming's ability Bill. He might be a douche bag but I think he can play and he suffers much the same as our CB's. Villa's midfield is awful and the worst I have seen this season.

20 hours ago, Bill said:

The ball will move quicker than ever a player can - as we keep finding out with our looney zonal marking.

I don’t much rate Mings and, other than your point 2 Bill (which I think is slightly harsh as he is running towards his goal and trying to turn to see the ball too), I’d agree with the rest.

Looney zonal marking from corners do you mean in the quoted bit above?