Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Leicester v Villa

8 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Leicester should be four nil up by now so you just know what’s going to happen next

That went well

Ju

2 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Probably the ideal Midland, but West Ham would be funny

Just thinking of the competition next season but the **** barons taking them down would be funny.

Am desperate for Villa to go down with us - they don’t deserve to stay up in my opinion. They are supposed to have spent over £150m on players and when you compare that to how much we’ve spent and the difference between how us and Villa have done this season it’s completely ridiculous. When I look at how us, Sheff Utd and Villa did last season and how much we each spent last summer I feel realistically that really we should be in a relegation battle, the Blades should probably be challenging for a top half finish, and Villa should be challenging for Europe (i.e. looking to do what their West Midland rivals did last season)

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Hopefully West Ham and Villa would be in such a financial crisis they wouldn't be massive threats in the promotion race. Bournemouth would do a Wigan, and fall into League One soon enough as that's their natural level.

West Ham would be fine financially, certainly in the short term.

Mings! Classic.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Gifted Leicester.

Edited by sonyc

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

How was that not a penalty? No VAR either?

Baffling decision. Looked stonewall to me.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Baffling decision. Looked stonewall to me.

I can understand the ref missing it, but VAR???

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

West Ham would be fine financially, certainly in the short term.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/28/west-ham-accounts-report-premier-league-survival-financial-necessity-sullivan-gold

Not necessarily. Maybe the article and Brady's comment at the time are just scaremongering, but hopefully they'll have some problems.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I can understand the ref missing it, but VAR???

If it was outside the box VAR won’t look at it. Not saying it was as can’t remember (only that Maddison ended up in the box).

Villa are really poor. Can’t see them getting out of trouble

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/28/west-ham-accounts-report-premier-league-survival-financial-necessity-sullivan-gold

Not necessarily. Maybe the article and Brady's comment at the time are just scaremongering, but hopefully they'll have some problems.

I think it is a touch.

West Ham have got a lot of saleable assets and could easily raise north of £100m in fees, while clearing a fair bit in wages I reckon. Add to that that they'll still easily pull in big crowds and I think they'd be ok in the short term at least.

4 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

If it was outside the box VAR won’t look at it. Not saying it was as can’t remember (only that Maddison ended up in the box).

Villa are really poor. Can’t see them getting out of trouble

The push was clearly in the box. That, combined with a pretty blatant two-handed shove, makes it very hard to understand.

• Like 1

4-0 now.

Villa look a worse side than us too.

Edited by sonyc

Yes they've the worst defence in the division. Let in 56, 4 more than us and they've played a game less.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think it is a touch.

West Ham have got a lot of saleable assets and could easily raise north of £100m in fees, while clearing a fair bit in wages I reckon. Add to that that they'll still easily pull in big crowds and I think they'd be ok in the short term at least.

What's their wage bill like, though? Even with a fire sale and getting some big earners off the books, it'd still put them under pressure.