Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

No cancellations or closed doors yet so...

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Are people with high blood pressure more at risk?

Stay calm Nutty😉

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Are people with high blood pressure more at risk?

Patients with hypertension appear to be at a higher risk of dying from the coronavirus, said a top Chinese intensive care doctor who’s been treating critically ill patients since mid-January.

While there’s been no published research yet explaining why, Chinese doctors working in Wuhan, the central Chinese city where the virus first emerged, have noticed that infected patients with that underlying illness are more likely to slip into severe distress and die.

Of a group of 170 patients who died in January in Wuhan -- the first wave of casualties caused by a pathogen that’s now raced around the world -- nearly half had hypertension.

“That’s a very high ratio,” said Du Bin, director of the intensive care unit at Peking Union Medical College Hospital, in an interview with Bloomberg over the phone from Wuhan. He was among a team of top doctors sent to the devastated city two months ago to help treat patients there.

“From what I was told by other doctors and the data I can see myself, among all the underlying diseases, hypertension is a key dangerous factor,” said Du, one of the most respected critical care experts in China. “Though there is no research published on that yet, we believe hypertension could be an important factor in causing patients to deteriorate, leading to a bad prognosis.”

Jesus f ukcing Christ this just sums up this message board and the pious tw@ts who alway want to accuse others of not being right. 
I never once said that they should stop treating people or that everyone over fifty should stop doing things. I mentioned not going to football games if you are older with underlying heath problems. 

I tell you what if youR over 50 under 50 or if your lungs are hanging out of your ar£ehole do what you want. I really don’t care. But I  believe you cant do anything but look at a situation like this as black or white because it not about what you want or what might be its only about what will definitely be!!!

You are calling me pious after starting your post with the phrase "Its simple"?

I wonder how many weeks (or even days) it is going to take before the season is suspended? I read that Klopp and Guardiola both don't like the idea of matches behind closed doors ("we play for the purpose of the fans" sentiments). I reckon events may come to a head just after this weekend. Maybe Monday?

I think to add more perspective (!) to the debate, in the area I live (with an urban catchment area of 500,000 on the conservative side) there is one confirmed case. One. In Norfolk (as at tonight) there are none. There must be great worry given all the media stories. Are the real figures much higher? I note France for example has over 1600 stated cases (it is on the European mainland but very rural).

Edited by sonyc

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Do we stay up or take a bow when the season is aborted early ? 

It will be very weird. Whatever will we talk about here?!

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

It will be very weird. Whatever will we talk about here?!

Tottingnham Hotspuds bein' absolute shoit tonite?.......The 'Special One'.....ha ha HA HA!.....I larf.....

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Tottingnham Hotspuds bein' absolute shoit tonite?.......The 'Special One'.....ha ha HA HA!.....I larf.....

Thair's suffuh wrang thair

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I think to add more perspective (!) to the debate, in the area I live (with an urban catchment area of 500,000 on the conservative side) there is one confirmed case. One. In Norfolk (as at tonight) there are none. There must be great worry given all the media stories. Are the real figures much higher? I note France for example has over 1600 stated cases (it is on the European mainland but very rural).

Where I live it is now nearly 80 cases  (was 70 earlier but more confirmed tonight) in a population of just less than 250,000

We will see parliament closing now that Dorries MP has tested positive. She has met hundreds of constituents since and attended a reception with Boris Johnson. Think things may accelerate very quickly now.

52 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

It's true that East Anglia has yet to record significant numbers but national tipping point is 9 to 14 days.

Do yah reckon we can squeeze all our remaining fixtures (and cup game/s) in over the next fortnight?.....Then I can carry on stocking the freezer with pizzas, loaves, fish fingers, chicken fillets, pigs trotters, lambs livers and other super salubrious nosh....and also continue to fill the larder with bags of spuds, tins of spam, corny beef, bacon grill, mackerel, sardines, plum tomatoes, spaghetti hoops and 'Faaaarp' baked beans....Oh and boxes o' crisps and nuts (various) and loadsa haribo, choccy bars, sweeties, cakes an' ice cream an' maybe two dozen or so Easter eggs.....Coupled with shedloads of ale and spirits and gallons of coke, but it's essential it's diet though (gotta watch the waistline). I'm not bothered about bog roll as I'll just wash my butt in the bathroom sink and use the better half's favourite flannel....Y'know I'll sorta go into hibernation for a few months until this chronicfireus has discascipated.....Maybe watch all the box sets, various Film and documentary recordings and a plethora of interesting DVD's an' have an' occasional bonk (as long as she don't find out about the flannel)......Self preservation.....It's the way forward......

37 minutes ago, sonyc said:

We will see parliament closing now that Dorries MP has tested positive. She has met hundreds of constituents since and attended a reception with Boris Johnson. Think things may accelerate very quickly now.

Perhaps we should lock them all inside parliament for 14 days and then see where we are :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill said:

The World Sneezimg championship has been cancelled, much to the disappointment of the current champion who is a....Jew !

Spokesperson Natasha Shew, said the decision was only taken very a heavy heart (cold ?) - but recognised that with the panic demic spreading so fast many sneeezees might be put off attending.

🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧😷🤪💀