Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

No cancellations or closed doors yet so...

There was a fan group meeting event last night in which fans we're asked by there respective football clubs to put pressure on local MP's/Government, not to cancel/or play any games behind closed doors.

Still think a major announcement should be made to the unbelievers regarding this virus as the number of people I have spoken to today still seem to think itā€™s being overplayed. The government obviously does not want to panic people so itā€™s a fine line Keep safeĀ 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JF said:

Nottingham Forest owner has been tested positive for the Virus. He was at the Forest match against Millwall on Friday,Ā and at Arsenal on 27 feb to watch his other team, Olympiakos play ArsenalĀ 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51814887

All slowly falling apart.

Utterly predictable.

16 minutes ago, daly said:

Still think a major announcement should be made to the unbelievers regarding this virus as the number of people I have spoken to today still seem to think itā€™s being overplayed. The government obviously does not want to panic people so itā€™s a fine line Keep safeĀ 

Indeed.

There seems to be a lot of people on here who have a far greater understanding of the dangers than I do. Much like with Brexit when I didn't have any idea about the different scenarios. As it turned out much of the advice over Brexit proved untrue. So who should I listen to over this?

Apparently I should wash my hands a lot. That's not often possible for me when I'm out and about. Ive tried to get alcohol gel for a week but it's always sold out. So I asked a lady in boots ( the shop not the footwear) and she said it's sold out by 8:30 every morning. Perhaps they have a delivery every night then? Got my doubts...

Anyway, the lady in boots said "just don't touch anything".

Apparently it's best to wash your hands while singing on the ball city right through. But if you don't know all the words so just sing the chorus at modern speed that would be five times right through.

And it's scrimmage šŸ˜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

There seems to be a lot of people on here who have a far greater understanding of the dangers than I do. Much like with Brexit when I didn't have any idea about the different scenarios. As it turned out much of the advice over Brexit proved untrue. So who should I listen to over this?

Apparently I should wash my hands a lot. That's not often possible for me when I'm out and about. Ive tried to get alcohol gel for a week but it's always sold out. So I asked a lady in boots ( the shop not the footwear) and she said it's sold out by 8:30 every morning. Perhaps they have a delivery every night then? Got my doubts...

Anyway, the lady in boots said "just don't touch anything".

Apparently it's best to wash your hands while singing on the ball city right through. But if you don't know all the words so just sing the chorus at modern speed that would be five times right through.

And it's scrimmage šŸ˜

It's the scrimmaging that causes the trouble.

This may be heretical, but OTBC cannot save us.

I should try JohnManning and the Mighty QuinnšŸ˜€

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

It's the scrimmaging that causes the trouble.

This may be heretical, but OTBC cannot save us.

I should try JohnManning and the Mighty QuinnšŸ˜€

"If I had the wings of a sparrow...." works quite well.

BTW The beef casserole with granary bread at the Anglican shrine is awesomešŸ™ƒ

The original is a bit long and probably wouldnā€™t catch on! But wash your hands to all this and you should be fine!
Ā 

In the days to call, which we've left behind,
Our boyhoodā€™s glorious game,
And our youthful vigour has declined
With its mirth and its lonesome end;
You will think of the time, the happy time,
Its memories fond recall
When in the bloom of your youthful prime
Weā€™ve kept upon the ball
Kick it off, throw it in, have a little scrimmage,
Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;
On the ball, City, never mind the danger,
Steady on, nowā€™s your chance,
Hurrah! Weā€™ve scored a goal.
Let all tonight then drink with me
To the football game we love,
And wish it may successful be
As other games of old,
And in one grand united toast
Join player, game and song
And fondly pledge your pride and toast
Success to the City club.
Kick off, throw in, have a little scrimmage,
Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;
On the ball, City, never mind the danger,
Steady on, nowā€™s your chance,
Hurrah! Weā€™ve scored a goal.
City!
Edited by JF

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

"If I had the wings of a sparrow...." works quite well.

BTW The beef casserole with granary bread at the Anglican shrine is awesomešŸ™ƒ

I just stick to the Nelson's cake or Norfolk Shortbread.

Its full of anti-covids.

Back on topic, in addition to Italy suspending all sport and everything remotely fun, I believe Spain, France and Germany have all announced that games are to be played behind closed doors, which leaves England as the only one of Europe's five major leagues to still be continuing as normal.

I can't see it lasting much longer, personally.

Just now, JF said:

Just reading that the Italian authorities are considering the options of the play offs for the final positions and calling the table as it is now final.Ā 
Ā 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51824172

I've read them, all massively open to legal challenge.

If the season doesn't complete then it is nul and void.

Why are so manyĀ people making a big issue from this! Just play the season out behind closed doors, thoseĀ players or staff effected can isolate there done!

Its only the old knackered pensioners who are serious risk the rest not so much. Get a grip, itā€™s just a virus.......šŸ˜‰

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I've read them, all massively open to legal challenge.

If the season doesn't complete then it is nul and void.

I read somewhere recently it might have been on here this forum about the old pools panel being used to complete the results, if left to a few of us on here that would be funny, Liverpool would miss the title by a point, Norwich would just survive sending, Villa, West Spam and Watford down.Ā 

With a few minor revisions, notably adding the word "it" into the phrases "kick off" and "throw in", what is currently sung is a modification of the original refrain

Ā 

Ā 

It simple. The only people who are at risk are people over 50/60 with underlying health problem. So theyā€™re the one who should not be going to the game, everyone else, needs to crack on. You can only do the whole shut down thing for 3 to 4 weeks max anyway before the whole fabric of society starts to break down.Ā 

most of us will get it, most of us will be fine. Many will barely feelĀ worse than a sniffle. You have to ride it out. Only way. Everything else is just a delay of the inevitableĀ 

4 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

It simple. The only people who are at risk are people over 50/60 with underlying health problem. So theyā€™re the one who should not be going to the game, everyone else, needs to crack on. You can only do the whole shut down thing for 3 to 4 weeks max anyway before the whole fabric of society starts to break down.Ā 

most of us will get it, most of us will be fine. Many will barely feelĀ worse than a sniffle. You have to ride it out. Only way. Everything else is just a delay of the inevitableĀ 

This account from a doctor fighting it in Italy says itā€™s not just the old that end up in intensive care.Ā 
Ā 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-italian-doctor-says-fighting-covid-19-outbreak-is-like-war-11954229

Reading other reports I would imagine the chaos that would ensue from any decision made on an incomplete season doesn't bear thinking about. That said, I don't think our Government will do anything about it and the season will be finished behind close doors. Our bunch are acting very similar to the US at the moment and more worried about money than people.

I imagine Liverpool will be Champions before any halt to games, if at all, so that would save one problem but any mathematical equations will be taken to court. But I guess if we were in that position, WBA and Leeds would also be going to court. There is no compromise if the worst should happen. Some teams would be very hard done by.

most of us will get it, most of us will be fine. Many will barely feelĀ worse than a sniffle. You have to ride it out. Only way. Everything else is just a delay of the inevitab

I tend to think that many of the experts in this crisis are over 50. Many surgeons for example and operations will have to carry on. Or should we just let people die? What for instance if your Doctor is over 50 and your child is taken ill?

You cannot just look at this in black and white. For every problem solved a new one will be created.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

most of us will get it, most of us will be fine. Many will barely feelĀ worse than a sniffle. You have to ride it out. Only way. Everything else is just a delay of the inevitab

I tend to think that many of the experts in this crisis are over 50. Many surgeons for example and operations will have to carry on. Or should we just let people die? What for instance if your Doctor is over 50 and your child is taken ill?

You cannot just look at this in black and white. For every problem solved a new one will be created.

Jesus f ukcing Christ this just sums up this message board and the pious tw@tsĀ who alway want to accuse others of not being right.Ā 
I never once said that they should stop treating people or that everyone over fifty should stop doing things. I mentioned not going to football games if you are older with underlying heath problems.Ā 
Ā 

I tell you what if youRĀ over 50 under 50 or if your lungs areĀ hanging out of your arĀ£ehole do what you want. I really donā€™tĀ care. But I Ā believe you cantĀ do anything but look at a situation like this as black or white because it not about what you want or what might be its only about what will definitely be!!!