Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

No cancellations or closed doors yet so...

.....what can the club do to help ? I noticed there were sanitizers just as you exit the gents BUT hardly anyone was using them. NOR were fans  washing there hands after performing ! Could the sanitizers be positioned outside, can fans be checked before entering ? Thoughts..

Sanitisers have been in Hospitals and Doctor's surgeries for years and I would suggest only 1 in 10 uses them. In our surgery, the sanitiser is right before the logging in monitor and no-one bothers but are willing to touch a screen that has been used by essentially people who have an illness.

Let’s hope so, the amount of people not washing the hands is unbelievable. To be fair the toilets at CR are disgusting, I’m sure Delia and Co do not have to pee under such conditions. You can wash your hands till the cows come home but you are pissing into the wind if the majority ignore it

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

What is unbelievable is the number of people I speak to who say this is a fuss about nothing and we should carry on as normal. 

Indeed Dylan. The only reason I've posted as much about this is my sense of disbelief at how serious this is and the responses I've seen (or lack of). At no stage have I felt I've over-reacted given my reading of the subject and natural curiosity. I suppose we can all be guilty of reacting to events 'over-emotionally' (especially as football fans).

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Indeed Dylan. The only reason I've posted as much about this is my sense of disbelief at how serious this is and the responses I've seen (or lack of). At no stage have I felt I've over-reacted given my reading of the subject and natural curiosity. I suppose we can all be guilty of reacting to events 'over-emotionally' (especially as football fans).

This attitude is due to the lack of leadership. It is reported on the BBC this morning that the scientists are not happy with the Government response. 

It is very easy for Nigel Farage to sit in a radio studio and criticise but he has been joined by Rory Stewart who is probably the most intelligent politician of our generation. As Stewart was involved with the Ebola virus in Africa I'm more inclined to listen to him than Boris Johnson. Plus, he has a brain. 

Hand washing in general has always been pi$$ poor amongst men at pubs, work and football matches. If this doesn’t change habits then nothing will. 

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This attitude is due to the lack of leadership. It is reported on the BBC this morning that the scientists are not happy with the Government response. 

It is very easy for Nigel Farage to sit in a radio studio and criticise but he has been joined by Rory Stewart who is probably the most intelligent politician of our generation. As Stewart was involved with the Ebola virus in Africa I'm more inclined to listen to him than Boris Johnson. Plus, he has a brain. 

Don't start me on leadership. You look at the current cabinet and don't see much intelligence (and I'm really not making a strong political point just an observation on my level of trust in say Hancock, Patel, Johnson, Gove etc ). I like more serious and for that matter, boring, characters running the country. Just hope we get better direction soon 

9 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Don't start me on leadership. You look at the current cabinet and don't see much intelligence (and I'm really not making a strong political point just an observation on my level of trust in say Hancock, Patel, Johnson, Gove etc ). I like more serious and for that matter, boring, characters running the country. Just hope we get better direction soon 

I'm not being political either and your post has made me think more generally about the problem. Rory Stewart and Keir Starmer are probably the only 2 politicians I trust at the moment. On all sides the standard of our politicians seems to be at an historically low level. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm not being political either and your post has made me think more generally about the problem. Rory Stewart and Keir Starmer are probably the only 2 politicians I trust at the moment. On all sides the standard of our politicians seems to be at an historically low level. 

I think you can say that about a lot of countries right now. I swear there were more competent people in charge when I was growing up, or at least it seemed that way when I was a naive child.

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I would be happy with either of these too leading..... Serious, sober, considered, trustworthy. The House of Commons in the recent years has been little above a school playground. There are decent MPs about though, often you hear less from them. 

A horrible dilemma for any government to grapple with. I really hope the health service doesn't fall on its knees. It has been run down for at least 10 years (and I am being political now) and I've often wondered why, whether it has been by design or part of wider austerity measures the Conservative government felt was necessary.....the choice between people or the economy.

This infection surely is much more of a national crisis that will impact on everyone, not disproportionately on sections of society. We need to be ahead of the curve, we need to be pro-active. The strategy so far is to wait and see. Doh! Rory Stewart has been one of a number imploring less passivity.

• Like 2

To those people who doubt, I would ask them if they would like to be in Italy at the moment? For once, I hope our officials are over reacting because the alternative isn't pleasant,

• Like 1

Big problem is the under 40/50s should they catch it and pass it on it’s the older generation you will be the one’s to suffer. The majority of that age group don’t seem particularly bothered 

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

To those people who doubt, I would ask them if they would like to be in Italy at the moment? For once, I hope our officials are over reacting because the alternative isn't pleasant,

The Italian PM, their duly elected leader, has called the current crisis his country's "darkest hour". Darker than WW2 in which almost 600,000 Italians were killed and twice as many injured? Leadership or panic? You decide.

The Italian PM, their duly elected leader, has called the current crisis his country's "darkest hour". Darker than WW2 in which almost 600,000 Italians were killed and twice as many injured? Leadership or panic? You decide.

I prefer to think he is trying to illustrate to Italians and the rest of the world that it must be taken seriously. Rather than that pompous idiot Trump.

55 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

They have a choice don't they? Try and protect their health service or be completely overwhelmed? I guess that it is a kind of panic. You could also say it's leadership. It's not one or the other. Life often cannot be this or that. Italy's response  calls upon the whole country to work together. You could say it's responsible? What might you do as the leader?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

At least we have toilet roll: so much that it can't all fit on the shelves. I took this in the supermarket this morning: 

IMG_20200310_120338838.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, daly said:

Big problem is the under 40/50s should they catch it and pass it on it’s the older generation you will be the one’s to suffer. The majority of that age group don’t seem particularly bothered 

This is not true. I’m incredibly concerned about this virus, for my child’s health, my mothers health, who has lived her life with health problems, and my own health as I have chronic asthma. It’s literally the talk of the country now and maybe at first it was brushed off as a storm in a tea cup but not anymore.

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

At least we have toilet roll: so much that it can't all fit on the shelves. I took this in the supermarket this morning: 

IMG_20200310_120338838.jpg

No good in the shop when you get locked in the bog.😀

I am an Nhs employee. We are in emergency mode. The next two weeks will be the time the minimisers wake up. I will be crossing locality boundaries to keep the system running and will have to go where required including inpatient wards despite working in the community. We are assuming a collapse of services by April. I have my mask fitting booked for this week.

8 minutes ago, JF said:

This is not true. I’m incredibly concerned about this virus, for my child’s health, my mothers health, who has lived her life with health problems, and my own health as I have chronic asthma. It’s literally the talk of the country now and maybe at first it was brushed off as a storm in a tea cup but not anymore.

The same.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I am an Nhs employee. We are in emergency mode. The next two weeks will be the time the minimisers wake up. I will be crossing locality boundaries to keep the system running and will have to go where required including inpatient wards despite working in the community. We are assuming a collapse of services by April. I have my mask fitting booked for this week.

My thoughts are absolutely with you. I pray that action is taken soon so that the pressure on the NHS and all of its staff is measured at the least and the NHS does not face any more crises. The NHS is one of the wonders of our country.

11 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

There will not be any attended sport following this weekend. I cannot believe Cheltenham has been allowed to go ahead. Hucks agrees on Twitter!

It is amazing - my wife said the same this morning. In the grand scheme of things was even a delay not possible or that matter, for 2020 the event is postponed in the wider national interest?

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

My Grandson's girlfriend is a Nurse and was told by Hospital officials that testing is almost becoming irrelevant as they believe the majority of people working in or visiting the hospital have come in contact with the virus. The patients are probably the most fortunate as those with any reason to be in hospital will be taken care of and kept in for the duration.

Of course, outpatients will be closed eventually.

9 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

What is unbelievable is the number of people I speak to who say this is a fuss about nothing and we should carry on as normal. 

The reason is that we should, without it no food, medicine, fuel , normal services etc. without these we’d be in a bigger mess.

Edited by Indy

Nottingham Forest owner has been tested positive for the Virus. He was at the Forest match against Millwall on Friday, and at Arsenal on 27 feb to watch his other team, Olympiakos play Arsenal 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51814887

Edited by JF