Sign in to follow this  
HazzaJet

Drmic Starting

I don’t know what the rest of you think about Drmic, but would you think he should be getting more game time? I have to say that I feel rather sorry for him this season as I was looking forward to seeing him play, although he’s not played much due to injury and being confined to Farke’s late subs bench

He’s said that he came to play and feels fit and determined to help us. Personally I want to see him play more as I thought he would be a good signing and the last thing I want to happen is him handing in a transfer request at the end of the season due to lack of game time. Would love to see Farke playing 2 up the top with him and Pukki starting.

Doubt if many clubs are going to be flashing their cheque books for a Sunday league player

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, daly said:

Doubt if many clubs are going to be flashing their cheque books for a Sunday league player

A Sunday League player who managed to consistently be the main striker for the Swiss national team?

Ok...

I get the frustration with him, though, as I do with all of our signings made for this season. The windows were simply not good enough, but this is what we have to work with as we all know. It's always going to be hard to sign top quality players when you're paying (comparitively) peanuts! As for the OP... Dr Mick (as I like to call him) seems to have been plagued by injuries for a lot of his career.

Again, something we simply have to do. Find players out of form, or those who get injured a fair bit, or those who aren't required by their current clubs etc. etc., who have pedigree or the necessary attributes, and hope that we can develop them/they stay injury free! In some cases this (kind of) worked but this season it really hasn't.

Edited by BobLoz3

Agreed, but Nutty you’ve been around when we had strikers who were 100% better than him 

11 minutes ago, daly said:

2 goals for the National side in 5 years

If you're using that as your basis, he's scored 6 in 18 for Switzerland in the last five years. For most of that period he's been injured, which is why he hasn't played much in that timeframe, and why we managed to pick up a player of such pedigree at the age of 26 on a free transfer.

I agree that he's been disappointing, but 'Sunday League'? He scored 31 goals in 107 appearances in the Bundesliga and 10 in 34 for Switzerland. 1-in-3 isn't a bad strike rate at the top level.

7 minutes ago, daly said:

Agreed, but Nutty you’ve been around when we had strikers who were 100% better than him 

Thing is Daly I don't know how good he is. Havent seen enough to judge. No starts in PL 1 goal from sub apps. 2 starts 2 goals in fa cup.

1 hour ago, daly said:

He's clearly only now coming into proper fitness and sharpness. I don't hold out too much hope as injury prone players tend to stay that way, but if he stays fit I think we're going to feel lucky to have him next season.

2 hours ago, daly said:

You're right - I doubt Newcastle will be getting any offers for Joelinton. 

The guy is average at best and usually worse than average.

People moaned about RVW but Drmic is no better.

Idah is a better choice.

He is stronger, fitter, quicker, more confident and has scored more goals for us than Drmic has is fewer appearances.

Edited by Making Plans

7 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

The guy is average at best and usually worse than average.

People moaned about RVW but Drmic is no better.

Idah is a better choice.

He is stronger, fitter, quicker, more confident and has scored more goals for us than Drmic has is fewer appearances.

Every time his name is mentioned you turn up and have a go at him................... are you jealous because he makes better pop videos than you do? 

Would love to see him do well for us but he chases around like Lafferty did but offers little at the moment 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Every time his name is mentioned you turn up and have a go at him................... are you jealous because he makes better pop videos than you do? 

I just don't rate him and I doubt if his videos as good as this?

Sadly he has not had the game time,he doesn't look like someone that's going to tear it up ,but needs more game time b4 he can be judged.

I see what everyone is saying by his injuries now - I don’t think I knew he’s been quite that injury prone. Only started this thread to see what the rest of you thought about him. At least he’s only cost us his wages in case he does turn out to be a failure - unlike Naismith who I believe is supposed to have cost us somewhere in the region of £10m and where Thirsty Lizard mentioned Joelinton in an earlier post - it’s believed he cost Newcastle £40m